HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:43 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Just read the judgement but cant find the By-Laws
From what I read, you can only have a 10 team comp

The HFL took down the links to the constitution and by-laws weeks ago. You can still find them if you Google search.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:44 am

Yes - Good comment Cracka. Like many, I've been critical of Echunga over this matter, but it is what it is, ain't going to change and time to move on. Football will be played in the HFL in 2015 and so it might be time to focus on the actual game and who is lining up with what teams. I actually did hear Jesse Aish is coaching at Norwood.
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby R. White » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Ats you are a knob. How you you know that Echunga neglect other grades. I think what Echunga have done with the juniors has been nothing short of sensational. To get junior sides that were only competitive in country to be competitive in central is a great achievement. And I am sure that another year in central will only strengthen these junior sides.
I would suggest that it doesn't matter who wins the flag that in your opinion they bought it, unless it was your club of course, then they earned it.

Rock, I would bet that you are a weak sniper that can't get a kick. It is not the hfl's fault, it's your clubs and every other big headed idiot that voted to push Echunga down, even in light of the loose wording of he rule be aside Echunga made it very clear what their corse of action would be should the initial vote go against them. If the people doing the voting on behalf of your clubs and the other clubs are the ones to blame and as a result of their pig headedness their clubs have to pay the price.
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby Legs Man » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:18 pm

rock wrote:
running defender wrote:------efc vs ----hfl .should not have come to this conclusion. It was bloody mindedness by the association that let this matter go to court .Ridiculous by- law ,ridiculous decision to demote the premier team .The hills board has brought the game into disrepute and should be sanctioned by sanfl. Disgraceful waste of time and monies and ,common- sense should have been used but clearly this is not the case .Time for a shake up and new board members .

Echunga took this to court RD and have now cost the other 18 clubs over $4500 each in Supreme Court costs. You still talk of just your premier team when the entire league has been trying to point out you are relegated by the performance of your club. And other than your A grade (which was well funded) your other grades were nothing short of disgraceful for the Central Div competition. Its the clubs that vote and make the decisions for the league not the board. And the clubs overwhelmingly voted against Echunga's interpretation of the by-law (16-3 in fact). So you have 2 supporters and I think one of them was Milang. You probably have zero supporters now that you cost those clubs thousands of dollars in court bills. So yes, you are the most hated club in the HFL now and it will be an uncomfortable and awkward season in 2015 for you. I hope it was worth it for just one season, sorry cracka but we can't be nice after all the water that has passed under the bridge recently.Echunga are a bunch of flogs.

Merry Christmas Rock!

Mate - if you are going to continue bagging people and name calling Echunga supporters then you position yourself as someone who has no decency and in return will not be afforded any.

Cracka took the great initiative of calling a truce so everyone can move forward which we should all respect - and now provide suggestions as to how we can improve the competition for all involved.

By labelling the junior sides at Echunga disgraceful you bring into play the other clubs that had juniors who finished below Echunga.
I hope you are not a supporter of any of those clubs and understand that many of the smaller clubs really struggle for numbers.
Junior footy is one of the most important issues in hills footy and something we all need to address ensuring the lifeblood of our sport.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:55 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Do all clubs in Country Division have a full quota of junior sides?

No. This is the biggest issue the league as a whole need to fix IMO, how we do it I don't know. I think if we can somehow fix this then it will flow on to why clubs don't want to play in country div.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Legs Man » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:43 pm

cracka wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Do all clubs in Country Division have a full quota of junior sides?

No. This is the biggest issue the league as a whole need to fix IMO, how we do it I don't know. I think if we can somehow fix this then it will flow on to why clubs don't want to play in country div.

Spot on - and the reason why Echunga decided to apply for promotion.
Ideally clubs want their junior sides to play before the senior sides at the same venue and in Country division you are quite often undertaking a 100 km round trip if you have juniors playing then want to support your seniors.
I understand the argument for keeping a 10 team comp in Central and the current overall club points system and why it was implemented but it may be time to adjust this.
If a side can simply field all junior sides then they should be able to nominate for Central allowing the club to have all sides at the same venue - dependant on the club wanting to play Central of course.
With an odd number of sides or an expanded comp in Central this can be accommodated with maintaining a 20 round season by having a match draw based on the previous seasons results.
It works in the AFL so we should be able to implement this also.
The argument for a fair comp with all sides playing each other twice is possibly something we should view as history and allow the Hills league to progress.
Fully realise that Country div may become dead as it currently stands - so a second tier comp for sides that either have C grade sides and the teams unable to field all juniors will keep everyone getting a match.
This is purely food for thought of course but may be an option for moving forward.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:18 pm

R. White wrote:Ats you are a knob. How you you know that Echunga neglect other grades. I think what Echunga have done with the juniors has been nothing short of sensational. To get junior sides that were only competitive in country to be competitive in central is a great achievement. And I am sure that another year in central will only strengthen these junior sides.
I would suggest that it doesn't matter who wins the flag that in your opinion they bought it, unless it was your club of course, then they earned it.

Rock, I would bet that you are a weak sniper that can't get a kick. It is not the hfl's fault, it's your clubs and every other big headed idiot that voted to push Echunga down, even in light of the loose wording of he rule be aside Echunga made it very clear what their corse of action would be should the initial vote go against them. If the people doing the voting on behalf of your clubs and the other clubs are the ones to blame and as a result of their pig headedness their clubs have to pay the price.

Ok since we are now getting abusive R. White, how about we pick on your very bad spelling and grammar. Did you complete school or go into one of those flexible learning courses (notice how course is spelt you spud). How was xmas this year for you tard? Save enough money for a packet of smokes and a bit of extra green for the new year. Enjoy Central Division next season flog, your club is about to cop a hail of abuse like never seen before from every club in the competition. Bring on 2015 I say.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby R. White » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 pm

ATS, my apologies for my bad grammar this morning. Unfortunately i was at a family function and only had my phone with me which obviously does not have spell check. I promise all my future posts will be grammatically correct t satisfy you.
I also send my apologies for sending some slander your way. To be honest I am just sick to death of you, and other people for that matter, blaming the Echunga Football for something they had the right to do. As I mentioned in my previous post, had the people voting made a sensible decision it would not have come to this. They new that Echunga would take it to court and chose to roll the dice. They gambled and lost. Simple as that that.
R. White
Rookie

Postby bookie » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:41 am

A grammar nazi on a football forum. Now I have seen it all! A hail of abuse that has never been seen before, aka 3 pissed blokes yelling rubbish from the sidelines, that will be hard to cope with. At least it will be easy to pick you ATS, I guess you will be the one carrying the dictionary you clever man you.

Out of curiosity what club are you aligned with?
bookie
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Toppa Sheedy » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Just my two cents.

Echunga should have accepted their medicine. They knew the rules, the leagues hard earned money has been completey wasted. They should have fought Echunga on this one, because they exemplify what is so wrong with country footy at the moment. Complete focus on buying A grade flags. Complete disregard for developing Juniors & growing the game. They played to the system, they lost & now its cost the league.

Whats sad is a meeting I attended recently for a Hills club came to the sad realisation that they are going to have to invest significantly in buying players if they are to remain competitive. Thats money thats going to be shifted from junior development & facility upgrades to pay some ex SANFL player or 5 (or the whole team ala Uradila).
Toppa Sheedy
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby R. White » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:59 pm

2 cents won't get you much these days. Horrible first post.
I would class buying a flag as paying ridiculous $$$ for mercenaries who are only there for the $$$. Whilst Echunga do pay players, as all clubs do, all but 2 of echungas players had played at the club previously. Some the year before in country div and some back in juniors. Hardly buying a flag, more like great list management. And to say that they don't care about the juniors is completely incorrect. They have done a fantastic job with the clubs juniors. To come up to central and already have stronger junior numbers than some of the "so called" power houses is a great effort. So keep your 2 cents to yourself if you are going to make completely inaccurate statements.
R. White
Rookie

Postby rock » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:19 pm

R. White, you are fast becoming a bigger tool than Legs Man. The fact you keep having to justify yourself and your money driven A grade is a joke in itself. The entire HFL knows what Echunga are made of and what it stands for other than Echunga. If things were going so right for your lot you would have never been facing relegation in the first place. 3 months to go before the tirade of abuse can begin against your club for an entire season. Enjoy travelling to other clubs as well, I know some don't even want to open their club room doors to you all.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby cracka » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:28 pm

R. White wrote:2 cents won't get you much these days. Horrible first post.
I would class buying a flag as paying ridiculous $$$ for mercenaries who are only there for the $$$. Whilst Echunga do pay players, as all clubs do, all but 2 of echungas players had played at the club previously. Some the year before in country div and some back in juniors. Hardly buying a flag, more like great list management. And to say that they don't care about the juniors is completely incorrect. They have done a fantastic job with the clubs juniors. To come up to central and already have stronger junior numbers than some of the "so called" power houses is a great effort. So keep your 2 cents to yourself if you are going to make completely inaccurate statements.

I would class buying a flag as having more than a 1/3 of your team as non locals eg 7 or more players who didnt come through your juniors or who don't live in your town or nearby, regardless of how long they have played for you. Good recruiting or good list management can still be classed as buying a flag if they don't fit the "local grown or moved to the district" criteria IMO.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:37 pm

rock wrote:R. White, you are fast becoming a bigger tool than Legs Man. The fact you keep having to justify yourself and your money driven A grade is a joke in itself. The entire HFL knows what Echunga are made of and what it stands for other than Echunga. If things were going so right for your lot you would have never been facing relegation in the first place. 3 months to go before the tirade of abuse can begin against your club for an entire season. Enjoy travelling to other clubs as well, I know some don't even want to open their club room doors to you all.

Rock, I honestly dont think the stirring you are doing on here is right either, you are just as bad. Echinga did what they said they would do, the other clubs gambled & lost. Please move on for the betterment of the HFL (that goes for all). If it turns out you are right re funding player payment accusations, then by all means open the can of whoop ass. As for any other ill feelings towards EFC & forum users & vice versa, grudges must stop for the good of our comp. Please.
cracka
Veteran

Postby R. White » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Completely agree with the funding issue if true, however I've only heard Chinese whispers so can't comment. Stillll wouldn't change my argument against the "buying the flag". Where do you stand on the players that were in the team but came from other local clubs for more opportunity? There were quite a few of these in the team? Doubt any of them would be getting $$$
R. White
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:04 am

cracka wrote:
rock wrote:R. White, you are fast becoming a bigger tool than Legs Man. The fact you keep having to justify yourself and your money driven A grade is a joke in itself. The entire HFL knows what Echunga are made of and what it stands for other than Echunga. If things were going so right for your lot you would have never been facing relegation in the first place. 3 months to go before the tirade of abuse can begin against your club for an entire season. Enjoy travelling to other clubs as well, I know some don't even want to open their club room doors to you all.

Rock, I honestly dont think the stirring you are doing on here is right either, you are just as bad. Echinga did what they said they would do, the other clubs gambled & lost. Please move on for the betterment of the HFL (that goes for all). If it turns out you are right re funding player payment accusations, then by all means open the can of whoop ass. As for any other ill feelings towards EFC & forum users & vice versa, grudges must stop for the good of our comp. Please.

Thanks Cracka
Unfortunately members of the board like Rock just don't get it and are now becoming a joke.
Wish that all members had the guts to show their club alignment rather than hiding.
Let's get on with some productive input from now on - please
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:05 am

R. White wrote:Completely agree with the funding issue if true, however I've only heard Chinese whispers so can't comment. Stillll wouldn't change my argument against the "buying the flag". Where do you stand on the players that were in the team but came from other local clubs for more opportunity? There were quite a few of these in the team? Doubt any of them would be getting $$$

Players coming from other Hills clubs for more opportunities I wouldn't class as buying a flag, players coming from other Hills clubs for money, yes. Knowing which ones fit into which catagory is the hard part.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:21 am

I wonder what percentage of clubs that win a flag get accused of buying a flag? It seems to get tossed around each off season.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:I wonder what percentage of clubs that win a flag get accused of buying a flag? It seems to get tossed around each off season.

It is semi-professional sport - people need to get over it. The Hills League is one of the richest in the state.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Legs Man » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:01 pm

OK - hopefully a solution to the problem of maintaining the 10 team Central comp as the participating clubs seem totally set on - and one to assist Bridgewater.
TV are required to supply names of all juniors for 2015 season with ages needing to be within the true ages required.
No over age permits allowed.
If they cannot meet this requirement - as Echunga was made to do by the HFL this season - they are then unable to play in Central.
As this season they finished above Bridgewater due to many over age players on permits sanctioned by the league this will ensure Bridgewater are afforded the same opportunity to remain in Central.
It seems very unfair that Bridgewater may be relegated due to the leagues preferential treatment of TV and this will at least give them a chance of staying.
My bet is that TV cannot field all junior sides correctly at the true age limit.
Legs Man
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy