HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

by R. White » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Based on people's reasonings previously stated, probably fair to say Echunga didn't buy the flag.
Echungas list from the gf:

J.Aish - local, played juniors at the club
B.Harland - import, moved from sydney
L.Carey - import, very good one at that. Top bloke too
D.Liston - local, moved from hahndorf during juniors
D.Sheehan - local
A.Miller - ??? Still a senior colt this year.
A.Edwards - local, lives in Echunga
A.Jennings - import, another good one and too blokes as well
S.Cranna - local
S.Maslin - local, moved from lofty for better opportunity
D.Edmonds - local
B.Rothe - local
P.Lindsay - import, good bloke and too player
J.Newnham - import, despite some peoples opinion, top bloke
D.Carter - local, moved from mt barker for more opportunity
S.Edmonds - local
B.Fleet - local, moved from lofty for more opportunity
S.Koop - local, moved from barker for more opportunity. Dad is Echunga legend.
T.Schumacher - local, still played juniors this year
N.Sheehan - local
J.Snell - local

So at worst 6 imports.
Add to this Montgomery, Guy and Henke the side only gets stronger with locals.
This will hopefully help strenghten the b grade as well and if the juniors keep improving the whole club is in a good position which in turn will help the HFL.
I understand why some of you people don't like the way this has gone but it is done, if you want to be hostile towards the club and it's players I don't think they will give two hoots.
R. White
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

by R. White » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Legs Man wrote:OK - hopefully a solution to the problem of maintaining the 10 team Central comp as the participating clubs seem totally set on - and one to assist Bridgewater.
TV are required to supply names of all juniors for 2015 season with ages needing to be within the true ages required.
No over age permits allowed.
If they cannot meet this requirement - as Echunga was made to do by the HFL this season - they are then unable to play in Central.
As this season they finished above Bridgewater due to many over age players on permits sanctioned by the league this will ensure Bridgewater are afforded the same opportunity to remain in Central.
It seems very unfair that Bridgewater may be relegated due to the leagues preferential treatment of TV and this will at least give them a chance of staying.
My bet is that TV cannot field all junior sides correctly at the true age limit.

Fantastic news. Said it from day dot.
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

by twobob » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:18 pm

So now all the court action has taken place and a verdict given. As i understand the HFL now have to pay all court costs to the tune of $60K. Does that mean that all clubs will pay for this action by incurring higher registration fees over the next number of years.
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

by Legs Man » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:14 pm

twobob wrote:So now all the court action has taken place and a verdict given. As i understand the HFL now have to pay all court costs to the tune of $60K. Does that mean that all clubs will pay for this action by incurring higher registration fees over the next number of years.

I would hope this isn't the case as the HFL are quite liquid as they are able to pay a handsome amount for things such as oval inspections and other projects that board members undertake.
Perhaps the community footy board will contribute as they supplied the HFL QC representation.
Surely the recommendation would have been not to fight the Echunga case knowing the likely outcome after legal consultation.
If this wasn't the case the community footy board are equally at fault and must take some responsibility.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

by running defender » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:53 am

Every body have a good xmas, sounds like rock burnt his turkey.
Just to clarify a couple of R. Whites comments Steve koop played juniors at Echunga., every player apart fromLynsay, Newham and Harland have played 3 or more years at club and won 3 out last 5 grand finals. Have a look at the discarded players they weren't given the opportunity and most have now won 2 or more flags. Also board meeting monday, like to be a fly on the wall that night. You should go rock you seem to know a lot about Echunga's inner sanctum.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

by cracka » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:30 am

running defender wrote:Every body have a good xmas, sounds like rock burnt his turkey.
Just to clarify a couple of R. Whites comments Steve koop played juniors at Echunga., every player apart fromLynsay, Newham and Harland have played 3 or more years at club and won 3 out last 5 grand finals. Have a look at the discarded players they weren't given the opportunity and most have now won 2 or more flags. Also board meeting monday, like to be a fly on the wall that night. You should go rock you seem to know a lot about Echunga's inner sanctum.

Why did Echunga need extra APPS points in 2013 then. I thought it was coz you lost a heap of players.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

by citycoaster17 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:42 am

Why not just have no promotion/relegation this year, due to extraordinary circumstances. Lofty stay down another year?
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

by Look Good In Leather » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:02 am

citycoaster17 wrote:Why not just have no promotion/relegation this year, due to extraordinary circumstances. Lofty stay down another year?

What have Lofty done wrong to deserve that?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

by redsox » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Echunga happy to go by the rules to be promoted but unhappy with the rules when relegated.

Not hard to guess who either Bridgewater, Torrens Valley or Mt Lofty will blame if not in the Central Division next season.
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

by Power From Port » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:13 pm

redsox wrote:Echunga happy to go by the rules to be promoted but unhappy with the rules when relegated.

Not hard to guess who either Bridgewater, Torrens Valley or Mt Lofty will blame if not in the Central Division next season.

Mt Lofty WILL be in Central Division next year they have been told that the Echunga Issue will not affect their promotion bid in any way
Power From Port

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

by cracka » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:31 pm

citycoaster17 wrote:Why not just have no promotion/relegation this year, due to extraordinary circumstances. Lofty stay down another year?

Can't agree with that. Lofty, Bridgewater & Echunga all deserve there place in Central IMO, TValley I'm not so sure of but they get to stay on relegation points regardless of if finals count or not. A one off 11 team comp has to be done, back in the early 90's we had a 12 team comp for a year so I don't know why we cant do it next year. Maybe extend the season to 20 rounds for the one off season to get an almost even draw (at least we'd play 8 other clubs twice). With the AFL finishing a week later next year it's probably a lucky opportunity for us to do it.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

by Legs Man » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:01 pm

cracka wrote:

Can't agree with that. Lofty, Bridgewater & Echunga all deserve there place in Central IMO, TValley I'm not so sure of but they get to stay on relegation points regardless of if finals count or not. A one off 11 team comp has to be done, back in the early 90's we had a 12 team comp for a year so I don't know why we cant do it next year. Maybe extend the season to 20 rounds for the one off season to get an almost even draw (at least we'd play 8 other clubs twice). With the AFL finishing a week later next year it's probably a lucky opportunity for us to do it.

Agree with that Cracka - 11 teams is an easy fix and one that should have been adopted prior court proceedings.

Interestingly the clubs were adamant that 10 teams was it and if they now allow the change they look hypocritical.

Sure would have saved a lot of pain had they taken this path after Echunga won the GF. ( if Echunga hadn't made the GF and accumulated enough club points then I am sure they would have taken relegation on the chin and accepted it )

TV really shouldn't be able to stay up and Bridgey go down as they were given so much of a free ride and assistance by the HFL which seems totally unfair.
How does the governing body get away with this type of bias and not get questioned by the participating clubs?
The facilities at TV are also a disgrace and not fit for the top tier competition.
Legs Man
Under 16s

by redsox » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Legs man. You can't now say that TV should be relegated and that Bridgewater will be stiff if they are. You mob knew the rules and didn't like them. So going on the new Echunga rules YOU have relegated Bridgewater.
redsox

Has liked: 13 times

by has been » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Happy new year to all on this wonderful little forum. How about a bit of love for all. Who really gives a shit. Echunga took their bat and went home a different way and everybody knows that so lets all move on. The Karma bus will pull up there is no doubt about that.
Now for next season heard a wisper there is discussion taking place that due to the circumstances there will be a one division 19 team comp where everyone plays each other once and then there will be a final 8. It will be a grading season and then in 2016 there will be 2 8 team divisions and a division 3 or C grade if you like for left over teams and Milang etc. That will give a couple of the clubs currently talking of amalgamating time to complete that process. It will also be a breath of fresh air. The HFL then has 12 months to re do its constitution as well. I know all the so called top teams may say no way but hey lets think about the comp as a whole juniors and all and take this opportunity to start fixing the problems. Step one to that process can be that only 2 paid players (imports) per team and total disclosure on what they are paid.- 19 locals per team like the do in country victoria. I can hear you all saying ........ but get real. This comp needs a big kick in the arse and a good dose of common sense. There are too many egos and dick heads in our great game that we dont need.
has been
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

by Look Good In Leather » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:58 pm

redsox wrote:Legs man. You can't now say that TV should be relegated and that Bridgewater will be stiff if they are. You mob knew the rules and didn't like them. So going on the new Echunga rules YOU have relegated Bridgewater.

Bridgewater did not qualify for finals in any grade, that's not Echunga's fault
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

by Legs Man » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:06 pm

redsox wrote:Legs man. You can't now say that TV should be relegated and that Bridgewater will be stiff if they are. You mob knew the rules and didn't like them. So going on the new Echunga rules YOU have relegated Bridgewater.

Understand what you are saying Sox - just stating TV got more opportunity granted via numerous over age players being allowed.
When we applied for promotion it was a requirement to give all junior players names, ages etc so we guaranteed fielding all the junior sides un aided.
TV got away with not meeting the requirements in their junior grades without penalty and with assistance from the HFL whereas we were threatened with fines should we forfeit at any stage of the season.
Effectively I am asking that everyone gets an even and equitable amount of opportunity from apps points to finals ground allocation.
The playing favourites must stop and this will alleviate a lot of the problems.
It isn't TV's fault for asking it is the HFL's fault for giving.
The source of a lot of the current problems is the uneven opportunity provided to certain clubs.
If we can start with a clean slate for all then this will be a great start to getting back on track.
Legs Man
Under 16s

by Legs Man » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:13 pm

has been wrote:Happy new year to all on this wonderful little forum. How about a bit of love for all. Who really gives a shit. Echunga took their bat and went home a different way and everybody knows that so lets all move on. The Karma bus will pull up there is no doubt about that.
Now for next season heard a wisper there is discussion taking place that due to the circumstances there will be a one division 19 team comp where everyone plays each other once and then there will be a final 8. It will be a grading season and then in 2016 there will be 2 8 team divisions and a division 3 or C grade if you like for left over teams and Milang etc. That will give a couple of the clubs currently talking of amalgamating time to complete that process. It will also be a breath of fresh air. The HFL then has 12 months to re do its constitution as well. I know all the so called top teams may say no way but hey lets think about the comp as a whole juniors and all and take this opportunity to start fixing the problems. Step one to that process can be that only 2 paid players (imports) per team and total disclosure on what they are paid.- 19 locals per team like the do in country victoria. I can hear you all saying ........ but get real. This comp needs a big kick in the arse and a good dose of common sense. There are too many egos and dick heads in our great game that we dont need.

This would be a move in the right direction and for once I agree with you HB on many of your suggestions.
What's a Karma bus and will Owen be driving?
Might be some pretty obscene margins though E.G Uris vs Sedan, Mount Barker vs Kangarilla.
Happy New Year to you too :D
Legs Man
Under 16s

by Benchwarmer » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:49 pm

has been wrote:Happy new year to all on this wonderful little forum. How about a bit of love for all. Who really gives a shit. Echunga took their bat and went home a different way and everybody knows that so lets all move on. The Karma bus will pull up there is no doubt about that.

An even playing field with no overage permits and no 'nudge nudge wink wink' happenings and fixing the constitution whilst operating this system in 2015 should eliminate any sooky la la's in the future and the vast majority of teams shouldn't have too many qualms, though I am not 100% sure about an 8 team top tier. Granted some results may be lopsided but in the end the League will repair the damage of the past few months into the future ... a dose of balls is required to do it though.
Benchwarmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

by Howard » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:15 am

Legs Man wrote:
cracka wrote:

Agree with that Cracka - 11 teams is an easy fix and one that should have been adopted prior court proceedings.

Interestingly the clubs were adamant that 10 teams was it and if they now allow the change they look hypocritical.

Sure would have saved a lot of pain had they taken this path after Echunga won the GF. ( if Echunga hadn't made the GF and accumulated enough club points then I am sure they would have taken relegation on the chin and accepted it )

TV really shouldn't be able to stay up and Bridgey go down as they were given so much of a free ride and assistance by the HFL which seems totally unfair.
How does the governing body get away with this type of bias and not get questioned by the participating clubs?
The facilities at TV are also a disgrace and not fit for the top tier competition.

I don't believe that for a second!

Maybe Bridgewater should take it to court? Seems that's the best way to react if you can't your own way?

Echunga staying in Central on a legal technicality is just so wrong and will probably set up a a string of legal challenges - thanks for that!
When the hair on your arse starts to smell like burning grass - you're on fire!
Howard
Rookie

by Legs Man » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:25 pm

Howard wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
cracka wrote:

I don't believe that for a second!

Maybe Bridgewater should take it to court? Seems that's the best way to react if you can't your own way?

Echunga staying in Central on a legal technicality is just so wrong and will probably set up a a string of legal challenges - thanks for that!

But you obviously agree the premier should be relegated

Anyone with any footy "nouse" can see that is a bad decision and one that could have been resolved with flexibility and forward thinking.

And I do agree Bridgey have a good case for fighting any relegation due to the distinct advantage TV were afforded.
Legs Man
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy