HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Howard » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:50 pm

Interesting comment there Legs, unfortunately in constitutions and by laws etc there is very little room for flexibility, it has to be that way, or vested interests will get involved and before you know it the competition ends up a nightmare.

The HFL by laws were obviously interpreted by most clubs (including Echunga) meaning one thing (points for minor rd games only) during the season, and meaning something else (points accrued during finals) when Echunga were heading for Country division then those (original) by laws were ridiculous - can't we all see that and now agree?

So the board had very little room for such lateral thinking - that's why it allowed Echunga to move the motion at the SGM, to give the whole league the chance to vote (decide). Precedence was not taken into account by the judge, which, in a way is fair enough, he only deals by the exact wording of the by law(s) - so no matter how you try and explain it you (Echunga) are in Central on the legal technicality, and yes I do reckon if the points, at the end of the season means the premier CLUB is relegated then so be it.
When the hair on your arse starts to smell like burning grass - you're on fire!
Howard
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby sideview » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Legsman you are very keen to point the finger at other teams short comings, permits, standard of facilities, points etc . I for one are sick to death of you throwing other clubs under the bus when all they have done is play by the rules to keep their football clubs viable. I cannot remember any of the clubs you refer to continuously - taking the HFL to court and costing all clubs a substantial amount of money.
If Echunga have any remorse at all you would think they would offer the fighting fund they put together back to the league to help reduce the burden to the other clubs.
sideview
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby Legs Man » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:27 pm

sideview wrote:Legsman you are very keen to point the finger at other teams short comings, permits, standard of facilities, points etc . I for one are sick to death of you throwing other clubs under the bus when all they have done is play by the rules to keep their football clubs viable. I cannot remember any of the clubs you refer to continuously - taking the HFL to court and costing all clubs a substantial amount of money.
If Echunga have any remorse at all you would think they would offer the fighting fund they put together back to the league to help reduce the burden to the other clubs.

I reckon you will find that Echunga will contribute towards costs ( my opinion only )
And yes it was a totally unique situation once we won the flag .
Just wish that the clubs could see this when Echunga tried the amicable solution path prior legal proceedings.
Certainly not trying to throw other clubs under the bus - just pointing out the unfair way the competition was structured.
But I do stand by my comments on some of the other clubs facilities though which are not fit for showcasing our top tier competition.
Ever stood at the bar at Bridgey on a cold wet day?
Perhaps a minimum standard for this element of clubs should also be implemented for finals allocation meaning clubs will invest in facilities with the reward being revenue generated from hosting a final.
I actually have good mates at a number of other clubs ( which I am sure is contrary to popular belief on this forum ) and they were quite surprised that the league didn't try and work out a solution in consultation with the other clubs - be it an 11 team comp or even a 12 team comp should Nairne want to come up.
It is interesting that popular consensus is gained from supporters but not translated when club delegates vote at HFL meetings.
I really do want to see Hills footy thrive and be a competition rated only second to SANFL which can be achieved - as others have said here - if some really tough decisions are made and a level playing field is presented to all clubs competing.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Trader » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:18 pm

Granted I no longer have an involvement in the hills anymore, so my information is somewhat second hand, but from what I've been told, and have read on here over the past few months, I can't help but find the actions of the board to be laughable.

Before the season started, the HFL called special general meetings to consider Echunga's request to be promoted. A right they had earned under the bylaws. There was no reason for this meeting to take place, EFC should have been promoted as they were the Country premiers.

To make matters worse, the HFL president stood out the front and preached for 20 minutes about why Echunga shouldn't be promoted before the vote. Echunga were forced to produce a list of names, with the league then calling around to confirm the list before finally they were accepted.

Ah well, let's let them in for 1 season, no doubt they'll finish bottom and we can bring our mates from Mt Lofty straight back in.
EFC were welcomed to central by drawing the reigning premiers in rd 1. Cheers HFL.

Despite the tough draw in Rd 1, and the preseason concern over Echunga's juniors, Echunga won 2 of the 3 junior grades in round 1 (by 10 and 18 goals). Enquires to the league as to why Echunga were forced to justify their jnr numbers were met with "suck it up, we can do what we want". This is a perfect example of the arrogance that ended up bringing the HFL board down.

EFC were granted 12 APPS points, while previous promotions were given 15.

This sort of adversary galvanised EFC and by mid-season, Echunga were 6th and exceeding expectations, but hardly a threat for the title. What was a concern to the HFL however was that TV looked to be close to relegation so the HFL used it's "digression" to allow TV to transfer players in after the deadline. TV were also allowed to play over-age players in the juniors. This further enraged Echunga, who surged on and forced their way into finals.

Mt Barker all of a sudden dropped a game and thanks to a few behind the scenes phone calls, Finals allocations were switched and EFC drew the short straw, missing out on roughly $20k in the process.

The actions of the corrupt HFL board only galvanised the resolve of the EFC who shoved it right up the league by going all the way and winning the premiership. It's no surprise that when the Uraidla brothers started the biff on GF day, that the Echunga family stood strong and won every single punch-up on the day.

It's quite funny to sit back and watch other clubs and the league continue to act against the Echunga Footy Club.
All you are doing is providing Echunga with more determination, more resolve and grit. This team built around the group that come from the west coast roughly 5 years ago play hard tough footy. The more you give it to them, the more they'll want to, and will, beat you.

All the league has done is succeed in providing the ammo for the EFC to build the "its us against everyone else" mentality that the Port Adelaide footy club had under Jack Cahill, and we all know how that turned out.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Howard » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:56 pm

Trader wrote:Granted I no longer have an involvement in the hills anymore, so my information is somewhat second hand, but from what I've been told, and have read on here over the past few months, I can't help but find the actions of the board to be laughable.

Before the season started, the HFL called special general meetings to consider Echunga's request to be promoted. A right they had earned under the bylaws. There was no reason for this meeting to take place, EFC should have been promoted as they were the Country premiers.

To make matters worse, the HFL president stood out the front and preached for 20 minutes about why Echunga shouldn't be promoted before the vote. Echunga were forced to produce a list of names, with the league then calling around to confirm the list before finally they were accepted.

Ah well, let's let them in for 1 season, no doubt they'll finish bottom and we can bring our mates from Mt Lofty straight back in.
EFC were welcomed to central by drawing the reigning premiers in rd 1. Cheers HFL.

Despite the tough draw in Rd 1, and the preseason concern over Echunga's juniors, Echunga won 2 of the 3 junior grades in round 1 (by 10 and 18 goals). Enquires to the league as to why Echunga were forced to justify their jnr numbers were met with "suck it up, we can do what we want". This is a perfect example of the arrogance that ended up bringing the HFL board down.

This sort of adversary galvanised EFC and by mid-season, Echunga were 6th and exceeding expectations, but hardly a threat for the title. What was a concern to the HFL however was that TV looked to be close to relegation so the HFL used it's "digression" to allow TV to transfer players in after the deadline. TV were also allowed to play over-age players in the juniors. This further enraged Echunga, who surged on and forced their way into finals.

Mt Barker all of a sudden dropped a game and thanks to a few behind the scenes phone calls, Finals allocations were switched and EFC drew the short straw, missing out on roughly $20k in the process.

The actions of the corrupt HFL board only galvanised the resolve of the EFC who shoved it right up the league by going all the way and winning the premiership. It's no surprise that when the Uraidla brothers started the biff on GF day, that the Echunga family stood strong and won every single punch-up on the day.

It's quite funny to sit back and watch other clubs and the league continue to act against the Echunga Footy Club.
All you are doing is providing Echunga with more determination, more resolve and grit. This team built around the group that come from the west coast roughly 5 years ago play hard tough footy. The more you give it to them, the more they'll want to, and will, beat you.

All the league has done is succeed in providing the ammo for the EFC to build the "its us against everyone else" mentality that the Port Adelaide footy club had under Jack Cahill, and we all know how that turned out.

Biggest load of tripe I've ever read on this forum.

The rubbish about a "corrupt" board beggars belief - ridiculous - the board (any board) administers the league as per the constitution and by laws, that's exactly what they've done in 2014.

Waivering away from these guidleines will, pretty much, always end in tears. (As per decisions made re TV permits and points allocations)

If EFC want to use the "us vs them" philosophy in 2015 they've done it perfectly!!
When the hair on your arse starts to smell like burning grass - you're on fire!
Howard
Rookie

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:05 pm

Trader wrote:Granted I no longer have an involvement in the hills anymore, so my information is somewhat second hand, but from what I've been told, and have read on here over the past few months, I can't help but find the actions of the board to be laughable.

WOW :shock:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Think you have summed it up quite well there Trader from an outsider;s perspective
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby cracka » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Oh F***, not another conspiracy theorist.
There are some inaccuracies in what you've posted but I'm on my phone & its too hard to go through your post.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Legs Man » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Wow weeee!
Actually a fairly good summary of events across the season - and good to see the opinion of a contributor from an outsiders perspective.
Corrupt is probably a step too far - I would say biased with respect to the TV situation and Mt Barker late final allocation.
Have I mentioned Maccy have been granted the Country GF 3 years running providing them with a pretty handy cash injection?
Wonder why that keeps happening?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby 19thman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Geez for an 'outside'r' you seem to know a lot
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby 19thman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:15 pm

Legs Man wrote:

Wow weeee!
Actually a fairly good summary of events across the season - and good to see the opinion of a contributor from an outsiders perspective.
Corrupt is probably a step too far - I would say biased with respect to the TV situation and Mt Barker late final allocation.
Have I mentioned Maccy have been granted the Country GF 3 years running providing them with a pretty handy cash injection?

Because Echunga keep getting in the GF and Maccy and Kersbrook probably have the best decks.
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby redsox » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Legs man

Has Echunga been given extra points is seasons past?

Have any Echunga junior teams played with permits for over age players?
redsox

Has liked: 13 times

Postby Legs Man » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:24 pm

19thman wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Wow weeee!

Because Echunga keep getting in the GF and Maccy and Kersbrook probably have the best decks.

Kersbrook weren't in it this year and Maccy still got it - explain that!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Legs Man » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:30 pm

redsox wrote:Legs man

Has Echunga been given extra points is seasons past?

Have any Echunga junior teams played with permits for over age players?

1 point last year. ( but remember this year the HFL stated no extra points to anyone regardless of circumstance - then did! )
Not sure on juniors but reckon we may have had a lad with a disability who was a couple of months over.
As posted re this year - previously promoted clubs e.g. TV were awarded 15 points for 1st year up and Echunga weren't .
Anyone that can enlighten me on this as I don't know why this occurred with Echunga coming from the lower division - would be appreciated ( I actually don't know why - believe it or not ) :shock:
Will Lofty get 15 like TV as they should IMO
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby overthehill » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Wow Trader, maybe the whole thing is Tony Abbott's fault?
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Legs Man » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:58 pm

overthehill wrote:Wow Trader, maybe the whole thing is Tony Abbott's fault?

Oh no not politics!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby On The Pine » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Finals rotation is definitely an issue to be resolved. The constitution states finals are to be rotated evenly, with one previous board member conveniently shuffled out the side door for being strong on this issue. In the Barossa, if your ground isn't up to scratch your club still gets its turn by hosting at another ground, which may have been a good idea given some previous allocations.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby running defender » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:36 pm

Howard, we did what every other club in Australia would"ve done if the directors had'nt been so pig headed this would have been resolved weeks ago, and also the clubs had there chance to say somthing but once again they feel asleep at the wheel and voted to fight Echunga"s case, with the HFL pres giving them a half baked concoction, no mention of if we lose we will have to fork out all costs. By the way Howard are you from Howards lane. Another sniper to scared to mention his grass roots footy team.Howard how do you reckon Mt Barker, urailda,Onkas, Loby or any other team that have finished top and be sent a letter saying see ya in country next year, i can remember a few years ago Loby were in relagation position they changed some rule to allow them to stay, they were going to take their bat and ball to barossa
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 pm

running defender wrote:Howard, we did what every other club in Australia would"ve done if the directors had'nt been so pig headed this would have been resolved weeks ago, and also the clubs had there chance to say somthing but once again they feel asleep at the wheel and voted to fight Echunga"s case, with the HFL pres giving them a half baked concoction, no mention of if we lose we will have to fork out all costs. By the way Howard are you from Howards lane. Another sniper to scared to mention his grass roots footy team.Howard how do you reckon Mt Barker, urailda,Onkas, Loby or any other team that have finished top and be sent a letter saying see ya in country next year, i can remember a few years ago Loby were in relagation position they changed some rule to allow them to stay, they were going to take their bat and ball to barossa

What year did Lobey do that? I know Birdwood when they got relegated threatened to go to the Barossa.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby redsox » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:33 pm

You Echunga blokes are like my 10 year old daughter.
Nothing is ever her fault.
She is quick to point the finger at others.
When she doesn't like the rules she goes higher and asked her grandmother.
When it doesn't go her way she thinks we are picking on her.
The majority of clubs voted to relegate Echunga because they were the rules that all clubs voted on.
redsox

Has liked: 13 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy