HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:Just drove past Hahndorf oval, most of their U13's are taller than echungas goal posts

That would have been the Torrens Valley "under 13s" ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby running defender » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:32 pm

I think you were looking at the mushrooms in the forest you dopey Twit . I think you will find that Echunga has had a mini colt oval long before Most clubs realized that juniors were important. Its a pity that towns with area schools haven't rallied local council for funding to take the pressure of their ovals. Big signing at Echunga Will keep you posted.
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Legs Man » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:11 pm

running defender wrote:I think you were looking at the mushrooms in the forest you dopey Twit . I think you will find that Echunga has had a mini colt oval long before Most clubs realized that juniors were important. Its a pity that towns with area schools haven't rallied local council for funding to take the pressure of their ovals. Big signing at Echunga Will keep you posted.

Echunga established oval number 2 many years ago with the assistance of the recreation committee and it is a great asset to the facility.
I noticed they have recently installed BBQ facilities also for visitors which is a first I believe.
Apparently there are more additions in the pipeline which will enhance the visitor experience.
At least Echunga care about the incoming patrons from other clubs and value them highly which is integral to progressing.
As a club which is considered small on the overall scale of things I reckon they are punching well above their weight.

As asked previously - can anyone enlighten me as to whether the HFL advised the club delegates prior the relegation saga going to court and what they advised?
If they advised costs would be minimal then they have to take the majority of blame and liability that goes with this advice.

I am not certain on this - but if they have advised the clubs in a manner that is detrimental to them both financially and morally then a vote of no confidence would be the only option.
A clean slate is the best way forward for all involved and dissolving the current HFL directors - if they have advised poorly - is the only option for the participating clubs.
It is certainly a drastic step but one that must be taken considering the financial stress the HFL has now seemingly imposed on the clubs they have been instituted to govern and promote.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:52 am

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3502 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:51 am

running defender wrote:Big signing at Echunga Will keep you posted.

A new A grade Coach ??
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby running defender » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:26 am

Cannot wait to see how Bridgewater go back in country ----the last couple of seasons have seen the premiers being undefeated , what chance Bridgewater being undefeated 2015. Nice photo of the pub, see you there for a beer or two ,might even pick up a point or two about being a premier club.
running defender
Rookie

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:39 am

running defender wrote:Cannot wait to see how Bridgewater go back in country ----the last couple of seasons have seen the premiers being undefeated , what chance Bridgewater being undefeated 2015. Nice photo of the pub, see you there for a beer or two ,might even pick up a point or two about being a premier club.

Actually, my question about the A grade Coach was a serous one, and not trying to stir the pot.

Without going into the messy details as to why, can anyone from Echunga confirm if Mr Bassani is coaching again in 2015 ?
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby running defender » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:58 am

Preseason training starts Mon Jan 12th at 6pm , Echunga oval, and yes Mr Bassani will be there . All welcome to attend. Cheers from the Echunga Football Club .
running defender
Rookie

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:14 pm

running defender wrote:Preseason training starts Mon Jan 12th at 6pm , Echunga oval, and yes Mr Bassani will be there . All welcome to attend. Cheers from the Echunga Football Club .

Is he there as Coach & will he be coaching the whole year. If so that's great news for EFC, bad news for the EFC haters & embarrassing news for the people on here saying otherwise.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby overthehill » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Have been told by a reasonable source that Lindsay Bassani will definitely be coaching the EFC in 2015. Also that Clint Guy, Jesse Edwards and Harley Montgomery will all be ins for EFC this year. I think they are going to be very hard to beat this year
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Legs Man » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:36 pm

overthehill wrote:Have been told by a reasonable source that Lindsay Bassani will definitely be coaching the EFC in 2015. Also that Clint Guy, Jesse Edwards and Harley Montgomery will all be ins for EFC this year. I think they are going to be very hard to beat this year

Aish assisting at Norwood reserves but still playing for Echunga A grade. ( bringing a couple of mates this season too )
Henke is recovered also and Pete Wilson returns after a year layoff.
Hear there are at least another 2 strong recruits in the pipeline also.
This will certainly bolster the playing stocks and flow through to the reserves team.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby jumbo20 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Got a decent chequebook then? Paying reserves players? Where will you then go in 2016 when new CFL rules kick in.Do you actually have anybody up there playing that is not paid?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Legs Man » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:47 pm

jumbo20 wrote:Got a decent chequebook then? Paying reserves players? Where will you then go in 2016 when new CFL rules kick in.Do you actually have anybody up there playing that is not paid?

No mention of paying whatsoever - the bulk of players are returning with a few more additions - remember we lost approx half a dozen from 2013 premiership side into 2014.
We will be no different to any other Central club when the CFL rules are implemented so why the constant singling out in this area.
As previously stated our outlay would be on par with the majority of clubs we compete against so don't believe the rumours.
We all know the highest paid player in the HFL and he isn't at Echunga....
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby chopper7 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:06 pm

running defender wrote:Cannot wait to see how Bridgewater go back in country ----the last couple of seasons have seen the premiers being undefeated , what chance Bridgewater being undefeated 2015. Nice photo of the pub, see you there for a beer or two ,might even pick up a point or two about being a premier club.

1 A grade Div 1 in 105 years and you wanna start dishing out points to win flags??
Get over yourself ya spook.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:58 pm

jumbo20 wrote:Got a decent chequebook then? Paying reserves players? Where will you then go in 2016 when new CFL rules kick in.Do you actually have anybody up there playing that is not paid?

What are the new CFL rules?
cracka
Veteran

Postby Rubber Chest » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Legs Man wrote:
overthehill wrote:Have been told by a reasonable source that Lindsay Bassani will definitely be coaching the EFC in 2015. Also that Clint Guy, Jesse Edwards and Harley Montgomery will all be ins for EFC this year. I think they are going to be very hard to beat this year

Aish assisting at Norwood reserves but still playing for Echunga A grade. ( bringing a couple of mates this season too )
Henke is recovered also and Pete Wilson returns after a year layoff.
Hear there are at least another 2 strong recruits in the pipeline also.
This will certainly bolster the playing stocks and flow through to the reserves team.

I think the amount of points Echunga has to play with will interrupt any recruiting. I think they may have to delist a few recruits to be eligible. I'm sure the HFL will be watching Echunga like a hawk!!
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby running defender » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:42 am

Why would the HFL want to keep watching us we hav"nt done anything wrong apart from keep winning. Won"t have to delist anybody if you recruit zero pointers and it dos"nt matter you can recruit as many as you want as long as you don't exceed your allocated pts in A grade ,like a few clubs did this year played players with pts in there B grade. Div 1 has not been around for 105 yrs its an amalgamation of 3 zones i think it was late 60's when formed any historians out there. By the way Echunga have won 16 flags with more to come.
running defender
Rookie

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:23 pm

chopper7 wrote:

1 A grade Div 1 in 105 years and you wanna start dishing out points to win flags??

I wasnt aware there was a Div 1, i thought it was Central and Country.
Since it was so easy for a country div club to win a Central flag maybe country is the better Div.
Echunga's 16 flags are the equal of any won by the toffy nosed Central Div clubs who had their noses put out of joint by the little country upstart.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby cracka » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:57 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

I wasnt aware there was a Div 1, i thought it was Central and Country.
Since it was so easy for a country div club to win a Central flag maybe country is the better Div.
Echunga's 16 flags are the equal of any won by the toffy nosed Central Div clubs who had their noses put out of joint by the little country upstart.

HFL has changed what its been called so many times
67-71 it was Northern, Southern & Central
72-78 it was zone 1, zone 2 & zone 3
79-82 it was zone 1 & zone 2
83 all clubs played in 1 div
84-?? it was div 1 & div 2
??-2014 it was central div & country div
2015 its going back to div 1 & div 2
It technically has been a div 1 & 2 from 79 when zone 1 was considered the stronger (for lack of a better word) zone.
Echunga were in the stronger div/zone from 80-91.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:16 pm

Was still Div 1 and Div 2 when we left in 1990
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times