Aus v Ind Test Series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:39 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
Jim05 wrote:MJ ruled out with hamstring soreness. Please dont bring Starc back in

They're scraping the bottom of the barrel if they do.

They have a squad of 14 and are not adding anyone to it. So its Starc, Siddle or Agar who comes in

No point in picking Siddle, his down on pace, does nothing with the ball and is a real real real poor mans Harris

Agar, enough said

Has to be Starc to play

Personally I would rather have seen a Behrendorf, Pattinson, Cummins or a bolter in Gurindher Sandhu

I wanna see Starc find his aggression in first class cricket before selected again

Im going Siddle out of that 3 purely because I reckon we might be bowling a bit in this test and by the sounds of it the weather might be quite hot. Atleast you know what we will get from Siddle, will bowl his heart out, everyside needs a workhorse. To be fair to Siddle in Adelaide he had severe gastro but he still busted his gut and showed more than what Starc did in Brisbane and Melbourne. Id be happy for someone else to come in at Siddle's expense but not bloody Starc
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:43 pm

daysofourlives wrote:@Dogmatic,

So we are picking bowlers on last years from now are we?

equal 5th on the shield wickets this year, and with shaun abbott the only one of those that is on the right side of 29, and has a 10fa this year.

doesnt seem too bad to me...
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:54 pm

@jim

Starc didn't play on Boxing Day mate
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:57 pm

whufc wrote:@jim

Yeah sorry, just Brisbane where he was woeful.
Siddle in Adelaide > Starc in Brisbane
With the test not to Tuesday I dont understand why they cant call someone else up
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:01 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:@jim

Yeah sorry, just Brisbane where he was woeful.
Siddle in Adelaide > Starc in Brisbane
With the test not to Tuesday I dont understand why they cant call someone else up

Agree at most someone is a 5 hour flight away!

I don't think there is a better scenario to give an untried a crack
whufc
Coach

Postby Dogmatic » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:21 pm

I commented on him being in good form this season and you criticised it.
I then brought in some stats from last season and overall shield career and you criticised it.

The selectors will probably pick someone from the current test squad however in the absence of Mitch Johnson and being up 2-0 in the series in my opinion I would love to see Behrendorff given a go.
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:22 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Dogmatic wrote:Being 2-0 up in the series I wouldn't mind if they gave Jason Behrendorff a go. He is a left hander and has been getting plenty of wickets this season.

And how's his 4 day form? Edit; 4 matches 14 wickets @ 27. 10 came in one game. 4/260 in his other 3
Give me a break, looks great when bowling 4 overs, so does Starc.

Its down to Starc, Siddle or Agar to replace him, no one else in the squad that has assembled in Sydney

Why can't they bring in Cummins?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:27 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Dogmatic wrote:Being 2-0 up in the series I wouldn't mind if they gave Jason Behrendorff a go. He is a left hander and has been getting plenty of wickets this season.

And how's his 4 day form? Edit; 4 matches 14 wickets @ 27. 10 came in one game. 4/260 in his other 3

Its down to Starc, Siddle or Agar to replace him, no one else in the squad that has assembled in Sydney

Pretty sure CA have ruled him out of any 4-5 day cricket this season including shield cricket.
They want him and Pattinson fit for the England tour
Jim05
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:41 am

Jim05 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Pretty sure CA have ruled him out of any 4-5 day cricket this season including shield cricket.

Why does CA continue to cotton wool our players? I dont see too many other country's resting their players or putting them in cotton wool to preserve them for bigger games. If I was a spectator I would be disappointed to not see my teams best line up available.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:54 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:[quote="Dogmatic"]Being 2-0 up in the series I wouldn't mind if they gave Jason Behrendorff a go. He is a left hander and has been getting plenty of wickets this season.

Why does CA continue to cotton wool our players? I dont see too many other country's resting their players or putting them in cotton wool to preserve them for bigger games. If I was a spectator I would be disappointed to not see my teams best line up available.[/quote]

Because they have both been injured for a year!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:59 am

No point playing an injury prone player we've worked hard to get back on the park in a dead rubber
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:02 am

RustyCage wrote:No point playing an injury prone player we've worked hard to get back on the park in a dead rubber

Understand that. But if a player is "injury prone". Why would we invest our time in them instead of someone else that isn't injury prone? I tell ya now, the Australian bowlers that played for Australia during the 80's, 90's and 00's would be laughing at how soft our bowlers can be at times.
How many games did Glenn Mcgrath rest for "general soreness" or because we're trying to look after him for a up-coming series? I don't think there would be too many.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:29 am

Fast bowlers have always been prone to these injuries, particularly stress fractures.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:32 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
RustyCage wrote:No point playing an injury prone player we've worked hard to get back on the park in a dead rubber

Understand that. But if a player is "injury prone". Why would we invest our time in them instead of someone else that isn't injury prone? I tell ya now, the Australian bowlers that played for Australia during the 80's, 90's and 00's would be laughing at how soft our bowlers can be at times.
How many games did Glenn Mcgrath rest for "general soreness" or because we're trying to look after him for a up-coming series? I don't think there would be too many.

so ryan harris hasn't been worthwhile persisting with?

and the difference is not mcgrath being rested, but the players you never heard about in the 80s because they broke down and never played again. there would be plenty of those guys. cummins, if he played in the 80s, would be one of them...
bennymacca
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:33 am

Q. wrote:Fast bowlers have always been prone to these injuries, particularly stress fractures.

Could it be a case that alot of the older bowlers played through these injuries because they put it down to general soreness as technology may not have picked up a lot of the smaller fractures etc

Where these day technology is so advanced any slight injury can be picked up through X-ray, scans, etc etc
whufc
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:35 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:

Speaking from experience you need to manage your workload as a bowler. If you are injury prone like a Cummins or Pattinson first task is to get back on the park. Then you work on your intensity then finally your endurance. No issue letting them bowl 4 overs in match conditions for a few weeks then let them back into first class cricket.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:39 am

starc in for johnson
bennymacca
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:42 am

With all the other guys coming back from injury I reckon this is final chance for Starc and farewell to Siddle

Hopefully Siddle doesn't spit the dummy and stays on the shield for the next few years making the standard stronger rather than chance the t20 coin. You can't blame him either way though
whufc
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:50 am

whufc wrote:
Q. wrote:Fast bowlers have always been prone to these injuries, particularly stress fractures.

Could it be a case that alot of the older bowlers played through these injuries because they put it down to general soreness as technology may not have picked up a lot of the smaller fractures etc

Where these day technology is so advanced any slight injury can be picked up through X-ray, scans, etc etc

And greater knowledge of what's required on the path to full fitness
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:42 pm

Dogmatic wrote:

I commented on him being in good form this season and you criticised it.
I then brought in some stats from last season and overall shield career and you criticised it.

The selectors will probably pick someone from the current test squad however in the absence of Mitch Johnson and being up 2-0 in the series in my opinion I would love to see Behrendorff given a go.

No, i provided his shield stats from this year which are not worthy of a test cap.
You didnt bring in any stats from last season, that wouldve been the other argumentative twat. I merely questioned if we are going to pick guys on last years from.
Doesnt really matter though he was never in contention and is never likely to be.
I also disagree with your sentiment that we are 2-0 up, give someone else a go. Test caps are earnt and our best X1 should be selected at every opportunity
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket