HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Would never happen, but merge SFL and HFL for 3 divs. Sedan Cambrai would not be happy. But would any OTHER team have to travel further than kangarilla to S/C road trip?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:13 pm

It's a tough one but we have to consider any option to grow our league.
Granted the HFL is tainted as a comp currently but dissolving the current board of directors and president will fix this.
I just hope the clubs see how badly they have been advised and led thus implementing a vote of no confidence and starting fresh.
Until this occurs we will be haunted by demons past.

My reasoning behind allowing any club to compete in Central - as long as they field all sides - is to ensure no barriers are in place with respect to each club's juniors.
There are lots of kids who will consider playing with your club as long as you are in Central especially if they are overflow from the big junior clubs and not getting a regular game.
You only have to look at the number of junior participants at some of the Central clubs to see that this can be spread across more clubs and increase all clubs junior numbers overall .

Has anyone heard the sentiment by the clubs now knowing that they were ill advised by the league ( costing them financially ) and have they put processes in place to start again with a fresh slate?
I believe there is a meeting coming up soon.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Legsman I am trying to move on from the Echunga saga but you just have to keep blaming everyone else. FOR GOD'S SAKE GET A LIFE!!!!
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby The Panther » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:43 pm

He does . IT'S THE ECHUNGA FOOTBALL CLUB . :lol:

Sorry Legsy couldn't help it. ( friendly fire )
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby The Sorce » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Is this the most favoured Option being pushed by clubs moving Forward in 2015?
Central Division
Uraidla Dist
Mt Barker
Lobethal
Echunga
Blackwood
Ironbank
Torrens Valley
Bridgewater
Onka Valley
Hahndorf
Mt Lofty
Nairne

Country Division
Kersbrook
Macclesfield
Gumeracha
Meadows
Kangarilla
Birdwood
Sedan Cambrai
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Postby Legs Man » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:17 pm

MONTE CRISTO wrote:Legsman I am trying to move on from the Echunga saga but you just have to keep blaming everyone else. FOR GOD'S SAKE GET A LIFE!!!!

Wasn't blaming - just stating facts and seeing what the clubs are thinking now they know the situation that they weren't advised well.
I would think a fresh start would be a good move forward and one they may implement.

If you read my recent posts you will see I have moved on and have been contributing with viable suggestions and possible opportunities we can take to improve and settle our competition.

BTW - quite happy with my life thanks - you?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Justquietly » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:46 pm

IF you go by the judges ruling isn't it simple: Bridgewater go down? If the judge has said that the ruling isn't to be messed with, this is the result isn't it? Re TV: if you give permits SURELY you can't say, at season's end, that they were too much of a leg up & that club then cops it. What club would turn down a permit? That is what it is - a piece of paper permitting that player to play that game/season. I'm not saying I agree with all of this, but isn't this how it stands, to the letter of the ruling?
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby jumbo20 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:45 pm

Why not ask Echunga- they know everything...
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby sweetlips » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Yeah Echunga are running this league now going by all their posts.
Legsman average of ten posts a week
Get over it
The clubs will decide what happens
sweetlips

Been liked: 0 time

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Legs Man you are so full of ideas why don't you become the new President, or do you find it easier to sit back and criticise. You can gather the remainder of the committee from your Echunga henchmen. The rest of us will go and play elsewhere.
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Postby Armytank » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:55 am

Justquietly wrote:IF you go by the judges ruling isn't it simple: Bridgewater go down? If the judge has said that the ruling isn't to be messed with, this is the result isn't it? Re TV: if you give permits SURELY you can't say, at season's end, that they were too much of a leg up & that club then cops it. What club would turn down a permit? That is what it is - a piece of paper permitting that player to play that game/season. I'm not saying I agree with all of this, but isn't this how it stands, to the letter of the ruling?

This is the way I read the situation JQ
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Spiderman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:12 pm

Onkas dark horse this year in the a grade. Looking at a top 4 position for the dogs
Spiderman
Mini-League

Postby On The Chest » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:59 am

Will Hahndorf be on the improve this season?

I am interested to know but also just put this on so for once in about 20 pages and 2 months, we might have 2 posts in a row that doesn't mention Echunga.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby R. White » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:54 am

On The Chest wrote:Will Hahndorf be on the improve this season?

I am interested to know but also just put this on so for once in about 20 pages and 2 months, we might have 2 posts in a row that doesn't mention Echunga.

Nearly got there!
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby overthehill » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:28 am

Every year someone gets on here and says Onkas will be a dark horse and they usually finish in the bottom 3. Onkas always seem to be able to match it with the top teams but hardly ever get the win. Then they will turn around and lose to the worse side in the comp. If they make the top 5 in 2015 i think that would definitely be a pass mark for MaGahey in his first season as a senior coach
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:55 am

overthehill wrote:Every year someone gets on here and says Onkas will be a dark horse and they usually finish in the bottom 3. Onkas always seem to be able to match it with the top teams but hardly ever get the win. Then they will turn around and lose to the worse side in the comp. If they make the top 5 in 2015 i think that would definitely be a pass mark for MaGahey in his first season as a senior coach

I thought you didn't judge clubs by their A-Grade in the Hills. Onkas win plenty of games in the B-Grade and Juniors so that's all good.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
overthehill wrote:Every year someone gets on here and says Onkas will be a dark horse and they usually finish in the bottom 3. Onkas always seem to be able to match it with the top teams but hardly ever get the win. Then they will turn around and lose to the worse side in the comp. If they make the top 5 in 2015 i think that would definitely be a pass mark for MaGahey in his first season as a senior coach

I thought you didn't judge clubs by their A-Grade in the Hills. Onkas win plenty of games in the B-Grade and Juniors so that's all good.

We dont at Onkas. :D
It begs the question, define a succesful club. Is it the club who goes out & recruits for A grade success (give me $100k & I'll get A grade results) or is it a club like Hahndorf who have 12 or more junior teams or is it the club who get 150 people back to the club after an away game for meals & presentations & have a heap of non players stay for a couple of hours after.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby R. White » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:24 pm

cracka wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:

We dont at Onkas. :D
It begs the question, define a succesful club. Is it the club who goes out & recruits for A grade success (give me $100k & I'll get A grade results) or is it a club like Hahndorf who have 12 or more junior teams or is it the club who get 150 people back to the club after an away game for meals & presentations & have a heap of non players stay for a couple of hours after.

I would suggest that any of these could be used as a measure of a success depending on who is judging. Obviously people from the inner sanctum of different clubs will have different goals as well. I would suggest a combination of all three is ideal, of which I believe a few clubs already have.
I know some of you may find it hard to believe but I think Echunga fall into this category, Junior numbers are growing (thanks to staying in central), very strong club atmosphere and a very good A grade team.

As for the 100k figure, I am not sure if this was a jab at Echunga but I would suggest none of the clubs would spend this much. the maths simply doesnt add up.
$100,000/ 20 games = $5000 per round
$5000 per round /21 players = $238 per player

I highly doubt every player in an A grade is payed but lets say just over half do so .......
$5000/ 11 players = $454

Doubt that any club would have enough players justifying this sort of payments.
I would think the average figure would more likely be $60,000 - $70,000 per year but as i have said before, only a very select few at each club knows what they spend.
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby Legs Man » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:45 pm

Yes that's pretty spot on RW.
There are even a couple of Country clubs who are likely around that mark also.
Anything over the $60 - $70k mark isn't viable economically particularly for the smaller to mid range population clubs.
Would be an interesting exercise to get membership numbers of the various clubs in HFL as this is probably a good scalable means of positioning.
My bet is Mt Barker would have the most - but this is just a guess.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby running defender » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:16 pm

I remember legsman just a few years ago Echunga had over 170 members. As i hav'nt taken to much notice the last couple of years as i''ve been to busy spending all our money on A grade players. There you go 2 posts in a row
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy