Aus v Ind Test Series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:11 pm

WATTO!!!!!!

This is why he is safe as houses in this side

Worlds best 5th bowler!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:14 pm

They won't even get past the follow on
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Raina first test in 28 months and gone for a golden duck, ha! Sucked in lol
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:09 pm

hard to see any other result than a draw here
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:15 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:hard to see any other result than a draw here

Their bottom order is still fragile, get a wicket or two early tomorrow and we could be batting by lunch. Lets just hope this pitch breaks up a bit over the next couple of days.
Terrible pitch, CA should be ashamed of producing that garbage
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:20 pm

yeah there tail is fragile, but just cant see the aussies getting another 15 wickets
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:23 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:hard to see any other result than a draw here

If we knock them over in the first session with a 150 lead then bat until 5 overs before stumps with a 350 lead there is no reason why we can't knock them over. Not as likely as a draw but should we get early breakthroughs we will definitely be pushing for a win.

If we don't remove Kohli in the first session it will be a draw
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Agreed. India's best bat as well.[/quote]

Yep, I'm a fan too, just what India need is someone with the confidence and arrogance to take the game on.[/quote]

I disagree. Until they stop preparing disgusting pitches they will get flogged when ever they tour to England, Australia and South Africa which surprise in 100 plus years of Cricket consistently are the best performing sides in the history of the game and would not have the resources India can afford.[/quote]

so we are allowed to produce fast bouncy pitches (at at least some of our grounds) but they are not allowed to produce big turners?

basically what you are arguing for is for pitches all around the world to be the same as in australia. the fact that you have to play on different surfaces and it is very hard to win away from home is part of the charm of test cricket imo.

now getting belted 4-0 or 3-0 doesn't make for great viewing, but they are hardly the first or last international cricket team to do that.

i mean we couldn't even beat pakistan. maybe we are fast track bullies? :D[/quote]

Big difference between the sub-continent and overseas is that that the majority of cricket grounds around the world have grass on the deck and they don't have dozens of people ripping grass and roots of pitches for days leading up to test matches and just turn them in to rolled mud. I don't mind preparing pitches to suit however I just can't respect venues that doctor pitches to that degree and that's while they will get flogged for years to come when they travel.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby robranisgod » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:50 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Agreed. India's best bat as well.

Yep, I'm a fan too, just what India need is someone with the confidence and arrogance to take the game on.

I disagree. Until they stop preparing disgusting pitches they will get flogged when ever they tour to England, Australia and South Africa which surprise in 100 plus years of Cricket consistently are the best performing sides in the history of the game and would not have the resources India can afford.

so we are allowed to produce fast bouncy pitches (at at least some of our grounds) but they are not allowed to produce big turners?

basically what you are arguing for is for pitches all around the world to be the same as in australia. the fact that you have to play on different surfaces and it is very hard to win away from home is part of the charm of test cricket imo.

now getting belted 4-0 or 3-0 doesn't make for great viewing, but they are hardly the first or last international cricket team to do that.

i mean we couldn't even beat pakistan. maybe we are fast track bullies? :D

Big difference between the sub-continent and overseas is that that the majority of cricket grounds around the world have grass on the deck and they don't have dozens of people ripping grass and roots of pitches for days leading up to test matches and just turn them in to rolled mud. I don't mind preparing pitches to suit however I just can't respect venues that doctor pitches to that degree and that's while they will get flogged for years to come when they travel.

According to Ian Chappell, who I respect greatly, India have never doctored pitches. It is just a fact of life and their climate that they produce turners.

Also according to Chappell you are not a test cricketer unless you can perform on the turning pitches of India. In 1969-70 he had a great battle with Prasanna in particular and the other Indian spinners.

The country Chappell suggests doctors pitches is South Africa. Once again in 1969-70 for one test they produced a green top. Bill Lawry won the toss and sent South Africa in to bat. After the toss and before the game started the South African curator came out and mowed the pitch leaving it bereft of any grass.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 227 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:36 am

It just makes me think if the curators are really making pitches suitable for Australia's game style or what. I thought they would make the pitches to suit our bowlers more than our batters. To me this series has been pretty boring when it comes to having the game won on the 5th day. How come we didn't have a test at the WACA? thought that would have been a shoe in!!! Has India got that much control over cricket?? If so there needs to be something done about that by the world cricketing body.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:39 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:It just makes me think if the curators are really making pitches suitable for Australia's game style or what. I thought they would make the pitches to suit our bowlers more than our batters. To me this series has been pretty boring when it comes to having the game won on the 5th day. How come we didn't have a test at the WACA? thought that would have been a shoe in!!! Has India got that much control over cricket?? If so there needs to be something done about that by the world cricketing body.

Reduced schedule due to the World Cup
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times

Postby JK » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:44 am

There has been plenty of media experts and commentators this season complaining that Australia hasn't been producing traditional decks with even a hint of Green top. Nearly every time I switch the radio on Ive heard it discussed.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Q. » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:00 am

JK wrote:There has been plenty of media experts and commentators this season complaining that Australia hasn't been producing traditional decks with even a hint of Green top. Nearly every time I switch the radio on Ive heard it discussed.

It's pretty obvious they're producing pitches that almost guarantee a full 5 day$.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:05 am

Q. wrote:
JK wrote:There has been plenty of media experts and commentators this season complaining that Australia hasn't been producing traditional decks with even a hint of Green top. Nearly every time I switch the radio on Ive heard it discussed.

It's pretty obvious they're producing pitches that almost guarantee a full 5 day$.

Is that so the grounds can get as much $$$ they can get?? If so that is crap. CA shouldn't dictate what happens off the pitch when it comes to $$$. Make the pitches to suit our most preferred attack. Which is our pace bowlers and not worry about making it a full 5 day test.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:45 am

I haven't seen Mal. Does anyone know if he's ok?
Im concerned that with watto on a hatrick he may have had heart palpitations
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:48 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Q. wrote:

Is that so the grounds can get as much $$$ they can get?? If so that is crap. CA shouldn't dictate what happens off the pitch when it comes to $$$. Make the pitches to suit our most preferred attack. Which is our pace bowlers and not worry about making it a full 5 day test.

Agree 100%
All decks should be prepared like the WACA when the Indians visit.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:59 am

all pitches should be prepared as to how they naturally play.

variation in pitches can also help when touring other nations
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:10 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:all pitches should be prepared as to how they naturally play.

variation in pitches can also help when touring other nations

I agree to an extent. We should worry about the tests we're playing now. Not worrying about getting ourselves ready for test series in the future. Prepare the wickets to suit us when we are playing home. When we're about to leave to play overseas, then we have practice pitches of various types to practice on.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:19 am

Kholi - goneski 147

caught Rogers bowled Harris
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:20 am

Bat technology making miss-hits go for four or six, boundary ropes being dragged in ( WTF is that in Sydney? ) and pitches that are more and more favorable to the batsmen.Who'd want to be a bowler?

Having said that, results in Brisbane and Adelaide on the last day and should have been one in Melbourne if not for Marsh, Smith and Boof making it difficult for the Aussies to take the win.

If we had had 3 results on the final day of each Test, would we be complaining about the Sydney deck? I doubt it.

And....a few quick wickets this morning and the pitch tomorrow could be a minefield for the pea hearts to try and save the match on.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket