HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby scottroo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 am

Correct I saw him at flight centre booking it while I was booking my honeymoon!!
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Amateur Footy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Rubber Chest wrote:
running defender wrote:Ivens would be 3 Delvins would be 2 because he played mainly reserves. But D.Ebert gone to kersbrook, Ebel retired , vidik retired, kluvy gone to sturt.
Any player that has played league for majority of year and goes to a country club is 4pts, unless they played junior's at your club then they are zero pts.
The AAPS is a very interesting topic, that needs a independent review and a lot of discussion. You can play in a grand final with 11pts miss the 5 next year with 9pts say you only win 5 games and next year you get 13 doesn't add up. Also teams coming from country shouldn't have their previous seasons included In your averages. Whats the thinking?

Correct. Ebel retired? Pretty keen to continue I think. I'm sure they'll have a recruit come out of the woodwork to enhance there chances of another GF appearance.
Boras - a huge in for TV. Expect to see him at the top of the goal kicking table alongside Grocke. From what I saw last year there is no one in the comp big/ good enough to stop Grocke if he is fair dinkum. May have a similar affect on the competition as S Grimm did from Hahndorf. (Watched him win a GF at Onkas from the goal square).

Yep and Blackwood followers still have nightmares about it.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby RooShootOhh » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:27 pm

scottroo wrote:Correct I saw him at flight centre booking it while I was booking my honeymoon!!

Don't do it mate :lol: :lol:
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby spot on » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:43 pm

Ironbank have recruited a couple of new players with SANFL experience, Cameron Hitchcock a forward from Port Adelaide, and Cam De Visser a defender from South Adelaide.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby running defender » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Both 4pts players i think i/ bank have only got 1 pt to play with after that. Thats all good if you haven't got team players tho u struggle . Money men don't make a team hope there not jars should no whats he's doing. Rumor hanna to t/v for big money if so what does that say for countrys good players is it opportunity or the lure of the dollar.
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Amateur Footy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:12 am

TV already had the best ruckman in the comp, why would they bother.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Panther » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:33 am

RooShootOhh wrote:
scottroo wrote:Correct I saw him at flight centre booking it while I was booking my honeymoon!!

Don't do it mate :lol: :lol:

Still do the honeymoon , just not the stuff before it !
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby overthehill » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:39 am

Amateur Footy wrote:TV already had the best ruckman in the comp, why would they bother.

I agree AF but as Hanna only stands at 5Ft 6. id be very surprised if they were paying him to ruck
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Amateur Footy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:02 pm

overthehill wrote:
Amateur Footy wrote:TV already had the best ruckman in the comp, why would they bother.

I agree AF but as Hanna only stands at 5Ft 6. id be very surprised if they were paying him to ruck

Good point, wrong bloke.... :oops:
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Postby running defender » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:13 am

Yes the ruckman from T/V Macentee is good but your all forgetting the r/man in the GF Sam Cranna B O G and played a lone hand all year
running defender
Rookie

Postby Spiderman » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:09 pm

I have a slight feeling loby might be the team to beat this year.
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby running defender » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:49 pm

Some big decisions are gunna be made tomorrow night , will it be a 10 or 11 team comp, what by/law will changed or suspended, will any of the board step down. Bridgewater will be waiting with anticipation. Will the board be asked why the court costs have blown out after they were advised to strongly fight this case. These and more questions must be asked
running defender
Rookie

Postby saintal » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:28 pm

10 team comp in 2015 according to the Courier's facebook page. Bridgy to be relegated. Very unlucky.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 430 times

Postby running defender » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:30 am

Yes very unlucky. Apparently not one club questioned the board over the blowout of the court costs 90k is the word, after been told 15 to 20k. Then the by/law Changed not to include finals. The relegation pts table discussed not to include j/colts but once again voted down by the bigger clubs . No you couldn't have the bigger clubs share kids no leave them on the sideline after paying 150 subs 100 for boots, 50 for shorts and socks, let alone the petrol for running the kids around.
running defender
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:52 am

Have they at least changed the weighting for juniors to reduce the impact of decisions regarding permits and having an uneven underage population base at some clubs has?
Last edited by Legs Man on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby always there » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:02 am

Which clubs are you referring to when you say "bigger" clubs and uneven underage population base.?
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:03 am

Geez I'm so glad the BLG directors have their heads screwed on. It's nice down here in the Barossa ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 am

always there wrote:Which clubs are you referring to when you say "bigger" clubs and uneven underage population base.?

Some clubs in Central have a lot bigger base for junior footballers purely due to location , location of schools and immediate access to such.
I understand the need to grow our clubs from the ground up and be very inclusive when it comes to junior grades - but a relegation system where the clubs with greater junior access due to location etc. with a distinct advantage ( through no fault of their own ) presents an uneven playing field.
The option of not including u/ 15's or reducing the club points gained from junior sides is a good option as it reduces the impact from a situation that can't be changed due to location of clubs and their junior access.

It seems relegation is here to stay so a system needs to be in place when deciding this each season that sees all clubs having the same opportunity.
This relates to juniors, apps points allocation and number of permits provided.

It is a real sticking point with hills footy and until a system is put in place to ensure all clubs have the same " start " point and same opportunity to succeed we will continue to have problems.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:15 am

running defender wrote:Yes very unlucky. Apparently not one club questioned the board over the blowout of the court costs 90k is the word, after been told 15 to 20k. Then the by/law Changed not to include finals. The relegation pts table discussed not to include j/colts but once again voted down by the bigger clubs . No you couldn't have the bigger clubs share kids no leave them on the sideline after paying 150 subs 100 for boots, 50 for shorts and socks, let alone the petrol for running the kids around.

How many of these so called bigger clubs are there?
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Red Rocket » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:07 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Geez I'm so glad the BLG directors have their heads screwed on. It's nice down here in the Barossa ;-)

All comps have their issues, the BLG is far from perfect.
You have the Gawler sides with colts sides that have big numbers whilst up the road towns are struggling. Atleast 2 of the clubs pay colts footballers aswell and then they get all the college kids come back finals time. Several games this year the opposition had up to a dozen players sitting out whilst we played a couple short. How many colts flags have been won from outside the Gawler teams in the last 5-6 years?
Seniors not much better, teams with paid B graders and 10-15 spare players each week whilst others have to get colts to come up and play 2 games.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy