Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

Postby Panther Pack » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:19 pm

If Lokan doesn't lift the bays could Chiggy also take on the Senior Coach's role and at the same time save the club some money by doing 2 jobs?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby dedja » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:21 pm

Panther Pack wrote:If Lokan doesn't lift the bays could Chiggy also take on the Senior Coach's role and at the same time save the club some money by doing 2 jobs?

So predictable PP, 51 years is a long time in't it? :lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:23 pm

dedja wrote:
Squawk wrote:
heater31 wrote:Clearly they had to wait until the verdict was handed down. Innocent until proven guilty. Would have been a bigger debacle if they arsed him last season when they discovered the allegations then to have a not guilty.

Actually, under employment law it is possible to sack someone on the balance of probabilities, and therefore the club could have dismissed him once the 30 charges were laid on the basis that evidence existed to lay charges and that this brought the employer's reputation in to disrepute.

The thing that surprised me the most was that if they weren't going to sack him when he was charged, the club should have suspended him as soon as he was charged.

All conjecture unless we can all review his employment contract. I think you are trying to reference unfair dismissal laws, which are murky and difficult to interpret and adjudicate at the best of times, and would also potentially involve significant legal expenses.

I'm very comfortable with the way the issue was handled.

Surely they would have sought legal advice? I would expect myself would do a similar thing in the position of the board. Support the employee until the verdict is handed down. Then throw them under the bus if found guilty. Not guilty resume as per normal.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Panther Pack wrote:If Lokan doesn't lift the bays could Chiggy also take on the Senior Coach's role and at the same time save the club some money by doing 2 jobs?

Not unlike your club appointing their CEO??
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby dedja » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:25 pm

Yes they did Heater, but getting legal advice and having legal representation for the duration of a protracted dispute are completely different matters
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Panther Pack » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:25 pm

dedja wrote:

Ha ha great response I actually got a good laugh.

Wasn't around in 64 but trust me when we had Fuller I was begging for Kerley to return :D
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Panther Pack wrote:
dedja wrote:

Wasn't around in 64 but trust me when we had Fuller I was begging for Kerley to return :D

We've been begging for Kerley to return too...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Squawk » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:33 pm

dedja wrote:
Squawk wrote:
heater31 wrote:Clearly they had to wait until the verdict was handed down. Innocent until proven guilty. Would have been a bigger debacle if they arsed him last season when they discovered the allegations then to have a not guilty.

Actually, under employment law it is possible to sack someone on the balance of probabilities, and therefore the club could have dismissed him once the 30 charges were laid on the basis that evidence existed to lay charges and that this brought the employer's reputation in to disrepute.

The thing that surprised me the most was that if they weren't going to sack him when he was charged, the club should have suspended him as soon as he was charged.

All conjecture unless we can all review his employment contract. I think you are trying to reference unfair dismissal laws, which are murky and difficult to interpret and adjudicate at the best of times, and would also potentially involve significant legal expenses.

An employment contract cannot contract out of the law. You don't need to see it (or anyone's) - it is a well established legal principle. If he then launched an unfair dismissal case, he would have to demonstrate that the circumstances did not meet the balance of probabilities test AND the circumstances did not bring his employer into disrepute.

It does appear as though the Bays have tried to get out of this as cleanly and cheaply as possible. If they had suspended him without pay when the charges were laid, it would have been even cheaper for them.
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby dedja » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:46 pm

You're quite entitled to that opinion, no problem with that at all, but hindsight always has 20/20 vision.

Perhaps you could advise Essendon who appear to have been struggling with some coach issues of their own for a while. ;)
dedja
Coach

Postby dedja » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:47 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:
dedja wrote:

We've been begging for Kerley to return too...

West say hello ...
dedja
Coach

Postby Squawk » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:56 pm

dedja wrote:You're quite entitled to that opinion, no problem with that at all, but hindsight always has 20/20 vision.

Perhaps you could advise Essendon who appear to have been struggling with some coach issues of their own for a while. ;)

Actually, I've been saying the same thing (offline) in relation to all of them - Liam Jurrah, Steven Milne, etc etc. So my thoughts are not with hindsight, it's just that I didn't publicly express them at the time.

The thing is that the football world (and sporting world in general) like to do things a bit differently when it comes to legal transgressions. Often with "kid gloves". And the AFLPA is very very happy about that.

On the Hird matter, I agree with you too. In my view, there is one law for everyone. It should be applied to the circumstances of each case. It should not be applied any differently whether it is James Hird or rookie draft pick no 44.
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Squawk wrote:
dedja wrote:You're quite entitled to that opinion, no problem with that at all, but hindsight always has 20/20 vision.

Actually, I've been saying the same thing (offline) in relation to all of them - Liam Jurrah, Steven Milne, etc etc. So my thoughts are not with hindsight, it's just that I didn't publicly express them at the time.

The thing is that the football world (and sporting world in general) like to do things a bit differently when it comes to legal transgressions. Often with "kid gloves". And the AFLPA is very very happy about that.

On the Hird matter, I agree with you too. In my view, there is one law for everyone. It should be applied to the circumstances of each case. It should not be applied any differently whether it is James Hird or rookie draft pick no 44.

But when there's money involved, that law for everyone is just a little bit bendy.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby dedja » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Panther Pack wrote:
dedja wrote:

Trolling prick! :lol:

And I'm always the only idiot to bite. #-o
dedja
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Dedja/happy endings please explain to us uneducated swill what chiggy did to save GFC in 2014.

Or is this just another bs claim that interestingly no other bays fan has ever made. Or I can see back up.

Myself and topsy can't wait for you to reply :-)
Last edited by UK Fan on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby on the rails » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Booney wrote:Yes and no. UK rarely posts about Centrals, hardly ever posts anything positive and usually just runs in, throws a hand grenade and runs for cover.

Kettle, pot and black - see if you can put them in a sentence with some other words - sums you up beautifully!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:50 pm

on the rails wrote:
Booney wrote:Yes and no. UK rarely posts about Centrals, hardly ever posts anything positive and usually just runs in, throws a hand grenade and runs for cover.

Kettle, pot and black - see if you can put them in a sentence with some other words - sums you up beautifully!

I taught him well OTR. :-)
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:02 pm

In this thread, guys?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby RustyCage » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Just out of curiosity was Graham "Studley" Cornes ever in the running to take over from Stevens?

Bring back Jack Hanley!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby RB » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:In this thread, guys?

What, do you have something better to do than watch men argue about stuff on the internet? ;-)
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:28 pm

dedja wrote:
Squawk wrote:

Yes all conjecture . :D
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL