HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Kick'n Back » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:55 am

Spiderman wrote:Hahndorfs "big recruit" spotted in town Saturday night, probably putting down more beers that night then games played this coming year....

What your not aloud to drink when you play in the hills. Who cares mate
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:55 am

I believe the Hahndorf recruit is Josh Wittwer.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby chopper7 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:16 pm

bookie wrote:Pull your head in running defender. Your not doing our club any favours

You're from Echunga as well right.....
You'd be surprised if you think he is not a player, this bloke loves himself!!
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:32 pm

Did hear on the weekend the Devils won't be as strong as last year as a number of quality players are leaving. Can anyone from Devil land confirm or deny that rumour?
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby running defender » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:39 am

Have been told Gordan and peterson/gray gone up riverland way.
running defender
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:54 am

Should be a ripping competition this year with most teams improving, thought id do a review of each team to see how there lining up for the year, (bare in mind I dont know all ins and outs).

Echunga- My tip for the flag and to go back to back, highly talented and quick side plus the additions of guy, montgomery, wilson and as RD mentioned another midfielder they will be even better then last year. Going to be hard to beat and hopefully with those additions there B grade will improve, plus their juniors will continue to improve so hard to see a relegation battle this year.

Uraidla- Lost daniel ebert to kersbrook and vidic retired plus kluvanek to sturt but they still have a lot of class with ivens and delvins staying around so you can never rule them out. Also they have a lot of depth in their B grade which helps but i dont think their quick enough to keep up with the likes of echunga and lobethal now and will struggle to beat them but you never know what that grand final loss will do to a proud and highly competitive group. Cant wait for their first game against echunga this year will be a ripper!

Lobethal- Losing johnson hurts as he was a big key for them last year, Luccon will offset that loss if he decides to quit norwood and play for them. Either way though with baust returning they are my tip to play echunga in the GF as they are highly talented led by nitchske and the jenkin brothers. Im excited to see them play echunga also as there is plenty of bad blood between the two sides.

Mt Barker- Havent heard much out of the barker camp but its hard to imagine they havent been recruiting, to cover the loss of pope (out for most of the year with an ACL). Had a horrid run with injury last year with block, hughes and pope missing big chunks of the year, but with a fully fit side they are still one of the better sides in the comp and there is no doubt they will be up there again this year as they have a a lot of talented players.

Blackwood- Lost eagle, Karkouer and Ahmat-Watkins but have two big ins with Bricknell and Thompson. I can see them improving as there recruits are upgrades over last years especially bricknell who will be one of the best players in the comp, they also have so much depth with their b grade being miles better than any other B grade which helps offset injuries. I reckon another middle of the table finish for them though as they lack the class of the upper echelon of teams.

Ironbank- Kept Motlop and added Hitchcock and De Visser but lost Mcgahey who is an underated loss even though his football ability isnt what it once was, he added a lot of experience and composure to the midfield. In saying that though Hitchcock is a big pick up and will kick a lot of goals, giving more support to motlop which was lacked last year. Its about time they moved up from the constant 6-8 position and made a splash in the finals as they continuously under perform.

Torrens Valley- Gained Hanna from Gums and Boras from Broadview (I'd hate to see how much they paid Boras as that bloke asks for a lot of cash) but i believe they lost dale ellis and the Jordan Brothers. Keeping O'sullivan was key as once he arrived they improved significantly and were one of the better sides in the second half of the year. Boras will just take over Dale's spot and kick a lot of goals meaning they wont miss dale to much. Will be interesting to see if they play on the shit hole of an oval all year round also as that gave them a big advantage.

Onka Valley- Gained Grocke for the second half of the year and obviously Mcgahey will play as well as coach, not sure if they have lost any players but i reckon they will improve on last year as Mcgahey will get them super fit and even last year once they got all their players back from injury they improved significantly. Will be much better than last year but still middle of the road for mine.

Hahndorf- Gained hourigan and Wittwer whilst losing big Dan roberts with some older guys retiring. Will be better than last year as im assuming most of their players wont be travelling overseas again but hard to see them improving so much as to make the finals. They will just keep geting games into all their talented youngsters and will get better in the years to come. Hankin being back also helps and they will have a highly talented forward line but their lack of depth will hurt.

Mt Lofty- Lost Gordan and peterson-gray ( Hardly played last year tho) and have gained no one to my knowledge. If they havent gained anyone they will struggle as it will repeat of 2013 in central div where they just relied on miles, nielsen and burch. They have high class top end talent but there bottom few are weak and thats why they will struggle, also lack talls even though Oheril was really good last year and will be very important for them this year but need a few more Nielsens to be a genuine threat. I know people will say look at what echunga did last year but they had some high class talls in Carey, Edmonds and Cranna whilst added two guns in Lindsay and Aish, whereas lofty this year have lost players not gained any, so i find it hard to see them doing an Echunga of this year.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Spiderman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:00 am

Have heard from some of my Norwood mates that luccon has quit and will spend the year with loby,
Spiderman
Mini-League

Postby chopper7 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:44 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Should be a ripping competition this year with most teams improving, thought id do a review of each team to see how there lining up for the year, (bare in mind I dont know all ins and outs).

Echunga- My tip for the flag and to go back to back, highly talented and quick side plus the additions of guy, montgomery, wilson and as RD mentioned another midfielder they will be even better then last year. Going to be hard to beat and hopefully with those additions there B grade will improve, plus their juniors will continue to improve so hard to see a relegation battle this year.

Uraidla- Lost daniel ebert to kersbrook and vidic retired plus kluvanek to sturt but they still have a lot of class with ivens and delvins staying around so you can never rule them out. Also they have a lot of depth in their B grade which helps but i dont think their quick enough to keep up with the likes of echunga and lobethal now and will struggle to beat them but you never know what that grand final loss will do to a proud and highly competitive group. Cant wait for their first game against echunga this year will be a ripper!

Lobethal- Losing johnson hurts as he was a big key for them last year, Luccon will offset that loss if he decides to quit norwood and play for them. Either way though with baust returning they are my tip to play echunga in the GF as they are highly talented led by nitchske and the jenkin brothers. Im excited to see them play echunga also as there is plenty of bad blood between the two sides.

Mt Barker- Havent heard much out of the barker camp but its hard to imagine they havent been recruiting, to cover the loss of pope (out for most of the year with an ACL). Had a horrid run with injury last year with block, hughes and pope missing big chunks of the year, but with a fully fit side they are still one of the better sides in the comp and there is no doubt they will be up there again this year as they have a a lot of talented players.

Blackwood- Lost eagle, Karkouer and Ahmat-Watkins but have two big ins with Bricknell and Thompson. I can see them improving as there recruits are upgrades over last years especially bricknell who will be one of the best players in the comp, they also have so much depth with their b grade being miles better than any other B grade which helps offset injuries. I reckon another middle of the table finish for them though as they lack the class of the upper echelon of teams.

Ironbank- Kept Motlop and added Hitchcock and De Visser but lost Mcgahey who is an underated loss even though his football ability isnt what it once was, he added a lot of experience and composure to the midfield. In saying that though Hitchcock is a big pick up and will kick a lot of goals, giving more support to motlop which was lacked last year. Its about time they moved up from the constant 6-8 position and made a splash in the finals as they continuously under perform.

Torrens Valley- Gained Hanna from Gums and Boras from Broadview (I'd hate to see how much they paid Boras as that bloke asks for a lot of cash) but i believe they lost dale ellis and the Jordan Brothers. Keeping O'sullivan was key as once he arrived they improved significantly and were one of the better sides in the second half of the year. Boras will just take over Dale's spot and kick a lot of goals meaning they wont miss dale to much. Will be interesting to see if they play on the shit hole of an oval all year round also as that gave them a big advantage.

Onka Valley- Gained Grocke for the second half of the year and obviously Mcgahey will play as well as coach, not sure if they have lost any players but i reckon they will improve on last year as Mcgahey will get them super fit and even last year once they got all their players back from injury they improved significantly. Will be much better than last year but still middle of the road for mine.

Hahndorf- Gained hourigan and Wittwer whilst losing big Dan roberts with some older guys retiring. Will be better than last year as im assuming most of their players wont be travelling overseas again but hard to see them improving so much as to make the finals. They will just keep geting games into all their talented youngsters and will get better in the years to come. Hankin being back also helps and they will have a highly talented forward line but their lack of depth will hurt.

Mt Lofty- Lost Gordan and peterson-gray ( Hardly played last year tho) and have gained no one to my knowledge. If they havent gained anyone they will struggle as it will repeat of 2013 in central div where they just relied on miles, nielsen and burch. They have high class top end talent but there bottom few are weak and thats why they will struggle, also lack talls even though Oheril was really good last year and will be very important for them this year but need a few more Nielsens to be a genuine threat. I know people will say look at what echunga did last year but they had some high class talls in Carey, Edmonds and Cranna whilst added two guns in Lindsay and Aish, whereas lofty this year have lost players not gained any, so i find it hard to see them doing an Echunga of this year.

Won't need to wait long for the Loby v Echunga clash as I believe it is set to take place rd 1.
Good write up though mate, finally some decent footy talk.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Tanka » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:37 pm

chopper7 wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:Should be a ripping competition this year with most teams improving, thought id do a review of each team to see how there lining up for the year, (bare in mind I dont know all ins and outs).

Won't need to wait long for the Loby v Echunga clash as I believe it is set to take place rd 1.

Pretty sure that TV are getting Luke Ellis back and Dale is playing again
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby redsox » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:02 pm

Tanka wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Pretty sure that TV are getting Luke Ellis back and Dale is playing again

As well as the Mongomery brothers from Echunga.
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby running defender » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:42 pm

Yep got out bid for harley apparently their was a handshake agreement that harle6 would sign 24hrs later not coming very disappointed. Oh well we move on still a couple of others in the pipeline . Loby rd1 roos rd2 then the big rematch the northen Demons rd3. Seaton ramblers 1st trial mypo 2nd trial
running defender
Rookie

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:30 am

running defender wrote:Yep got out bid for harley apparently their was a handshake agreement that harle6 would sign 24hrs later not coming very disappointed. Oh well we move on still a couple of others in the pipeline . Loby rd1 roos rd2 then the big rematch the northen Demons rd3. Seaton ramblers 1st trial mypo 2nd trial

Wow Its hard to fathom how much money the TV boys spend, i know all clubs spend money but they have O'sullivan, ellis brothers and Boras that would all be on roughly $1k if not more per game as they wont play anywhere for anything less and now u add montgomery who wouldnt be on a small amount, that adds up to a hell of a lot of money. There going to be hard to stop this year though with all of those players, although will be interesting to see the ellis bros and Boras try and work together up forward, couple of big egos there.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby cracka » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:39 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
running defender wrote:Yep got out bid for harley apparently their was a handshake agreement that harle6 would sign 24hrs later not coming very disappointed. Oh well we move on still a couple of others in the pipeline . Loby rd1 roos rd2 then the big rematch the northen Demons rd3. Seaton ramblers 1st trial mypo 2nd trial

Wow Its hard to fathom how much money the TV boys spend, i know all clubs spend money but they have O'sullivan, ellis brothers and Boras that would all be on roughly $1k if not more per game as they wont play anywhere for anything less and now u add montgomery who wouldnt be on a small amount, that adds up to a hell of a lot of money. There going to be hard to stop this year though with all of those players, although will be interesting to see the ellis bros and Boras try and work together up forward, couple of big egos there.

I thought the money tree was meant to die a couple of years ago there, obviously not, trying to avoid any chance of relegation next year maybe??? Pity none of the $ gets spent on facilities, either at Mt Torrens or Mt Pleasant ovals.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Windbag » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:56 pm

There are big ego's on and off the field at TV, and their A grade may well be looking good but as well all know the colts will struggle (again)
Windbag
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby Legs Man » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:59 am

cracka wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

I thought the money tree was meant to die a couple of years ago there, obviously not, trying to avoid any chance of relegation next year maybe??? Pity none of the $ gets spent on facilities, either at Mt Torrens or Mt Pleasant ovals.

Fully understand recruiting good players BUT - the facilities at TV are pretty damn average and need to be one of their priorities.
This has been a consistent problem and one I hope they turn their attention to.
There doesn't seem to be a mechanism in place to ensure this happens and possibly something that needs to be implemented to be able to play in the top tier comp.

echungafc.com.au
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby running defender » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:31 pm

Yep not 1 red cent spent on grounds. Some good news during the week insurance covers all legal costs, very lucky i think every club should send a letter to the insurance company and tell them how pleased they are about their decision to pay all costs and then send one to the board asking for an explanation on why this cost so much. Meeting tomorrow night APPS points will be discussed 13pts all is the simple solution.
running defender
Rookie

Postby The Crumber » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:24 pm

I recently heard a rumour that the Raiders have dropped all connections with Callington. Does anyone have any info re this?
Older, wiser and been there. But still love that grassroots country footy.
The Crumber
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times

Postby cracka » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:40 pm

The Crumber wrote:I recently heard a rumour that the Raiders have dropped all connections with Callington. Does anyone have any info re this?

Incorrect. I believe they have officially changed their name to the Bridgewater/Callington Raiders FC.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:56 am

The Crumber wrote:I recently heard a rumour that the Raiders have dropped all connections with Callington. Does anyone have any info re this?

Well, apart from changing their name at the Dec 2014 AGM to the Bridgewater Callington Raiders Football Club, changing the club colours to blue, white and gold, playing half their home games at Callington, having Callington based individuals on the Board and Callington based players across every grade - you're correct.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby always there » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 am

[quote="running defender[/quote]Some good news during the week insurance covers all legal costs, very lucky i think every club should send a letter to the insurance company and tell them how pleased they are about their decision to pay all costs and then send one to the board asking for an explanation on why this cost so much. .[/quote]
You just can't leave it alone RD. Move on as everyone else appears to have.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy