Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon 2014

Postby bennymacca » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:00 pm

Lobbe averaged the 8th most hit outs. That's not elite it's merely very good. So not really sure he is "giving them first use"
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:59 am

Quite simply, midsized midfielders like Heppell are a dime a dozen, ruckman who can ruck all day / all year on their own are rare.

Having said that, Heppell seems a born leader who will captain the Bombers one day and Lobbe is set to be the lead ruckman in a side pushing for a flag in the next 3-5 years. Neither club has made a mistake.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby carey » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:56 am

stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Essendon can replace Heppell not sure Port can replace Lobbe if injury was to strike.

That's a different argument imo. I don't think clubs will be lining up to poach lobbe, even with his value to port.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He is a vic and a improving ruckmen with pretty good stamina for a big guy. A team like Collingwood for example would be interested as its fair to say they are struggling in that area.

Not sure how or why this is a Heppell v Lobbe discussion :roll:

But Port Adelaide need Lobbe well in front of a Heppell type player. Do Essendon need Heppell more hmm I don't know and don't care, Probably as Heppell is a quality player but if I was Port Adelaide I would take Lobbe over Heppell everyday of the week for were the Port Adelaide football club is positioned right now.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby toot toot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Anyone know when anzac day tickets go on sale? thinking of going over with the missus but need to know we can get tickets before booking anything else.
toot toot
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:00 pm

Unless you are a member of either club it will be pretty hard to get tix being that its the 100th anniversary. General public usually go on sale about 3-4 weeks before but will only be a limited ammount. Essendon home game and we are aiming for 65-70,000 members of which a fair percentage will want tickets. Collingwood will also be allocated a certain ammount and then members of both clubs have an extra week to access tickets. In the past most tickets are sold long before the general public can purchase
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RB » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:In the past most tickets are sold long before the general public can purchase

I went to six Anzac Day games in a row, 2006-2011, and got tickets by jumping on the Web as soon as they opened at 8.30 on a Monday morning for the general public.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:41 pm

toot toot wrote:Anyone know when anzac day tickets go on sale? thinking of going over with the missus but need to know we can get tickets before booking anything else.

Becoming an AFL member is your best chance of grabbing tickets. But I agree this year everyone will want to go.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:49 pm

RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:In the past most tickets are sold long before the general public can purchase

I went to six Anzac Day games in a row, 2006-2011, and got tickets by jumping on the Web as soon as they opened at 8.30 on a Monday morning for the general public.

Yes that has been possible in the past but last year for example there was only 12,000 tickets available for general public. This year the early estimates are that only 5-8k will be available and most of them will be standing areas only
Im lucky ive never had to worry, 3 premium reserved seats again this year
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:56 am

Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:

Yes that has been possible in the past but last year for example there was only 12,000 tickets available for general public. This year the early estimates are that only 5-8k will be available and most of them will be standing areas only
Im lucky ive never had to worry, 3 premium reserved seats again this year

Pfft, your not that lucky Jim,you'll be watching two very average teams play in some sort of glorified match that somehow turns it into a "blockbuster"
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:48 am

You are probably right about us both being average this year, both of us are 8th-12th sides at best. Always a fierce rivalry and a decent crowd though as both clubs hate each other although not as much as both hate Carlscum
Jim05
Coach

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:43 am

Have just booked flights for Anzac Day, now just need to get the tickets. If anyone can help I would be forever in your debt, and be real nice to you on here always!! After 1 Adult, 1 child. [-o<
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Fricky » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:57 am

Bombers players are threatening to boycott the NAB cup unless they get an agreement from the AFL that any penalties they may get are back dated to September last year. http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essend ... 7201050379
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby dedja » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:59 am

Let me get this right, Essendon players are threatening to boycott if they are banned from playing? :-s
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:00 am

titus o'reily

The AFL says any player who boycotts the NAB Challenge faces a year's pay, a family vacation in France and a free business course.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Fricky » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:17 am

dedja wrote:Let me get this right, Essendon players are threatening to boycott if they are banned from playing? :-s

Kind of.

They are already under a provisional ban and aren't suppose to play in the NAB cup. They approached the AFL for special permission to lift the provisional bans to play in the NAB cup. Now they are threatening to boycott the games they are currently banned from unless they get their way by having any penalties back dated. Penalties that Paul Little is very confident they wont be getting, although he has been very confident about a lot of things over the last few years.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Fricky » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:21 am

woodublieve12 wrote:titus o'reily

The AFL says any player who boycotts the NAB Challenge faces a year's pay, a family vacation in France and a free business course.
Attachments
bombers fans.png
bombers fans.png (272.83 KiB) Viewed 1624 times
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:42 am

Suri wrote:
dedja wrote:Let me get this right, Essendon players are threatening to boycott if they are banned from playing? :-s

Kind of.

They are already under a provisional ban and aren't suppose to play in the NAB cup. They approached the AFL for special permission to lift the provisional bans to play in the NAB cup. Now they are threatening to boycott the games they are currently banned from unless they get their way by having any penalties back dated. Penalties that Paul Little is very confident they wont be getting, although he has been very confident about a lot of things over the last few years.

The AFL approached ASADA to clarify the provisional suspension rule as they did when Watson and Fletcher played International rules.
ASADA categorically stated that the provisional suspension only covers "legitimate" games so players are free to train and free to play NAB cup if the AFL permits. BUT and heres the big but, ASADA also told the AFL that if players are found guilty then the penalty is backdated to the last game they played, there was talk that this last game played rule also means trial games/NAB cup. Essendon has spoken to the AFL and told them they need a guarantee that if penalties are dished out they are backdated to the last "legitimate" game, if the AFL cant guarantee this then the players will be pulled from the NAB cup just incase.
Will know the decision on Hird's case today but IMO he doesnt have a hope of having it overturned
Jim05
Coach

Postby Fricky » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:50 am

Jim05 wrote:
Suri wrote:

Kind of.

The AFL approached ASADA to clarify the provisional suspension rule as they did when Watson and Fletcher played International rules.
ASADA categorically stated that the provisional suspension only covers "legitimate" games so players are free to train and free to play NAB cup if the AFL permits. BUT and heres the big but, ASADA also told the AFL that if players are found guilty then the penalty is backdated to the last game they played, there was talk that this last game played rule also means trial games/NAB cup. Essendon has spoken to the AFL and told them they need a guarantee that if penalties are dished out they are backdated to the last "legitimate" game, if the AFL cant guarantee this then the players will be pulled from the NAB cup just incase.
Will know the decision on Hird's case today but IMO he doesnt have a hope of having it overturned

Cheers Jim. Ruling is at 2:15pm EST. Hird is out of the country at the moment isn't he?
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:02 am

Yes ruling at 2:15, Hird is in the US on business. He wont win it.
Regarding the NAB cup I dont have an issue with what the club is doing, not making any demands just wanting to clarify the rules. At the moment any suspensions backdated to September, need to know if playing in the NAB cup affects this
Jim05
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:25 am

Jim05 wrote:Yes ruling at 2:15, Hird is in the US on business. He wont win it.
Regarding the NAB cup I dont have an issue with what the club is doing, not making any demands just wanting to clarify the rules. At the moment any suspensions backdated to September, need to know if playing in the NAB cup affects this

You would think that the other players at different clubs would also be looking into this ie Crameri, Ryder and Monfries
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL