29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby zedman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:16 pm

twobob wrote:If Salisbury West are not successful in acquiring the required 50 registrations and are relegated to the C'grade divisions who will be the team going up to div 5. TOS would be first in line but with the closeness of the opposition in div 6 would they want to. That leaves Blodge as the next club to be offered the spot and is this why they are so heavily recruiting in anticipation of this occurring?

[-o<
8)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:20 pm

Q. wrote:I think they should still be entitled to recognise their history and should do so. A 're-branding' is a good idea though, new guernsey, new mascot, maybe new colours.

Mawson Lakes Riddlers
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Q. wrote:I think they should still be entitled to recognise their history and should do so. A 're-branding' is a good idea though, new guernsey, new mascot, maybe new colours.

I don't disagree, not one bit.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Cohiba » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:03 pm

twobob wrote:If Salisbury West are not successful in acquiring the required 50 registrations and are relegated to the C'grade divisions who will be the team going up to div 5. TOS would be first in line but with the closeness of the opposition in div 6 would they want to. That leaves Blodge as the next club to be offered the spot and is this why they are so heavily recruiting in anticipation of this occurring?

Hard to say....maybe players are flocking to the Club because they thought their chances are better in Div 6 for a premiership. If they took the option to go up......who knows..... might be a sudden exodus...... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Um what have Mawson Lakes done wrong in this whole situation to have to look at changing there jumpers, colours and mascot?
Just drop all there history to satisfy the new St Paul's team?
League going to pay for this whole re branding you are mentioning as in the end they accepted this new team?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Q. » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:12 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Um what have Mawson Lakes done wrong in this whole situation to have to look at changing there jumpers, colours and mascot?
League going to pay for this whole re branding you are mentioning as in the end they accepted this new team?

Nobody suggesting you've done anything wrong. It's working on the idea of building a stronger suburban identity.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby marbles » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:17 pm

a bit like if south melbourne folk decided to break off from sydney swans, and re-establish themselves back in melbourne. do sydney then forfiet all the bloods history back to the south melbourne entity.

let stpauls move on, be proud of the visit to mawsons because a new club has been born from it. stpauls is just a mother club now, but let the child become an adult and stand on its own
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Q. wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Nobody suggesting you've done anything wrong. It's working on the idea of building a stronger suburban identity.

Which we have been trying to do since we moved to Mawson lakes.
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Arch44 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Q. wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

I wouldn't be changing a thing Informer. Suburban Identity is already there I would have thought in the name "Mawson Lakes"
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby marbles » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:33 pm

Mawson Lakes University :D

entine with the UniSA crew expand across the campus engage further within the community
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Cohiba » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:22 pm

marbles wrote:a bit like if south melbourne folk decided to break off from sydney swans, and re-establish themselves back in melbourne. do sydney then forfiet all the bloods history back to the south melbourne entity.

let stpauls move on, be proud of the visit to mawsons because a new club has been born from it. stpauls is just a mother club now, but let the child become an adult and stand on its own

that's beautiful Marbles......quite emotional...... :((
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby marbles » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Cohiba wrote:
marbles wrote:a bit like if south melbourne folk decided to break off from sydney swans, and re-establish themselves back in melbourne. do sydney then forfiet all the bloods history back to the south melbourne entity.

that's beautiful Marbles......quite emotional...... :((

and such a beautiful baby too

marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:08 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Are there many Life Members, will they be recognized by both clubs or only Mawson Lakes - that is probably the true indication of who is the real club or if it is just a straight split.

I'm a life member at St Paul's / Mawson Lakes (229 games over 15 years)

Are you a life member of the new club, or only the old club?

I started playing for SPOSFC in 1999 and played right through til the end of 2013 (Where they are now known as MLFC).

So will the new club recognise you as a Life Member?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby The Real Number 3 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:00 am

If Dutchy is indeed coaching the new SPOS, how long you reckon it'll be before he gets sick of having no clubrooms to drink red tins in and starts his usual Friday night shenanigans to make up for the lack of social scene they dont have? Knowing the bloke for 15 odd years, I cant see him being too keen on having awards at a pub every Saturday night because with him, barring notices are constant thing :D
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:59 pm

I'm a life member at St Paul's / Mawson Lakes (229 games over 15 years)[/quote]
Are you a life member of the new club, or only the old club?[/quote]
I started playing for SPOSFC in 1999 and played right through til the end of 2013 (Where they are now known as MLFC).[/quote]

So will the new club recognise you as a Life Member?[/quote]
I'd say 100% not. But i'm not really that interested in if they do or don't. I know where my grassroots were and respect those years playing with some good blokes.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:30 pm

the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby The Informer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:53 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/sport/newly-formed-st-pauls-old-scholars-to-play-amateur-football-predecessor-mawson-lakes/story-fni9llzu-1227207539827

Yes nothing wrong with two clubs with the same colors, song and history in the same grade. This is comedy gold.

Going to be funny when a drunk supporter starts yelling at the ump that they are killing the saints as the ump wont know which one he is talking about!
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:45 pm

The_Informer wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/sport/newly-formed-st-pauls-old-scholars-to-play-amateur-football-predecessor-mawson-lakes/story-fni9llzu-1227207539827

Yes nothing wrong with two clubs with the same colors, song and history in the same grade. This is comedy gold.

Going to be funny when a drunk supporter starts yelling at the ump that they are killing the saints as the ump wont know which one he is talking about!

I recall playing in a div with three or four "doggies" and three "eagles".
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:05 am

milky bar kid how many under 18s you have train with you last night ??
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:39 am

Robb_Stark wrote:milky bar kid how many under 18s you have train with you last night ??

Thanks for the interest RS, I can also appreciate the fact you were too busy watching me train the house down to count the under 18s ;)

I think we had roughly 6-8 last night out training. A majority of last year's under 18 side has been sighted at training at some stage. It's really encouraging that these kids are looking to push for senior selection over under 18s again.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League