4%
Rosewater
13%
Woodville South
7%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Postby Yank Man » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:01 pm

scottroo wrote:Aaron has some good mates at clgfc. Through seaview high. Looking forward to seeing him play, from all reports very handy and seems like a decent guy too

Don't bicker with my mate morell scottroo. He's looking for a bite and that's cool. Aaron will do what he wants but he always comes home. Yes he's a decent kid and if he wants to go to CLG then so be it. He's had a difficult time recently and anything to help him is a good thing.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:07 am

scottroo wrote:Not a cent

scottroo wrote:Aaron has some good mates at clgfc. Through seaview high. Looking forward to seeing him play, from all reports very handy and seems like a decent guy too

Yeah fair enough, the money he was referring to was perhaps in relation to your standard match payments maybe. Not sure.

Coxy is a top bloke. Oozes talent and could be a very handy player for you. With the squad you're assembling I would say he would have to train well and do a full pre season to make the A Grade... but the talent is there. Exceedingly good hands for a smaller type. We've played him at Full Forward on occasion and he's taken contested grabs which defy his size.

As Yanky said, he's had a couple of really shit years personally, so I wish him every success if he decides to join the hair gels. His MPFC family are always there for him and he knows that.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:49 pm

I'm gonna start strapping myself to my chair when I come on this site from
now on so I don't fall over with laughter.
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby morell » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:36 am

At what young fella?
morell
Coach

Postby scottroo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:42 am

Clearances starting to roll in, rosewater looking very busy early on!
scottroo
League - Best 21

Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:09 am

morell wrote:At what young fella?

The whole scenario. Don't want to sound like I'm sinking the boots into the lad cause I'm not. I'm aware of what he's been through and I quite like the kid but I'm a realist.

Purely from a football perspective, I'd be extremely surprised if he makes an impact at div 5 level and in terms of being worth a few$$$ that's just laughable.
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Been liked: 14 times

Postby BZB27 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:12 am

scottroo wrote:Clearances starting to roll in, rosewater looking very busy early on!

Matthew Richards will be a good pick up for Rosewater
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby morell » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:41 pm

Freo HeaveHo wrote:

The whole scenario. Don't want to sound like I'm sinking the boots into the lad cause I'm not. I'm aware of what he's been through and I quite like the kid but I'm a realist.

Purely from a football perspective, I'd be extremely surprised if he makes an impact at div 5 level and in terms of being worth a few$$$ that's just laughable.
He will need to work very hard to make the CLG A grade at all, let alone make an impact. As for being worth $$$ I know of players with much less talent than Coxy getting coin! Every man and his dog are getting some spending money these days. You'd be worth a small fortune mate!

He has also come a long way since you and I were plying our trades. He's added an element of hardness to his game and his contested marking is now really quite good.
morell
Coach

Postby Jetters » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:50 pm

morell wrote:
Freo HeaveHo wrote:

He will need to work very hard to make the CLG A grade at all, let alone make an impact. As for being worth $$$ I know of players with much less talent than Coxy getting coin! Every man and his dog are getting some spending money these days. You'd be worth a small fortune mate!

He has also come a long way since you and I were plying our trades. He's added an element of hardness to his game and his contested marking is now really quite good.

If a bloke struggling to play Div 5 'oozes talent', I'd hate to hear how you would describe someone who could kick and catch. What a pisser.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby morell » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:46 am

Jetters wrote:
morell wrote:
Freo HeaveHo wrote:

If a bloke struggling to play Div 5 'oozes talent', I'd hate to hear how you would describe someone who could kick and catch. What a pisser.
Ahh yeah the old "no decent players play below D2" sort of thinking.

But clearly, and yet again, for I think the 12th time, you have completely misunderstood the point. Are you doing it deliberately?

Who has more talent - Brad Sewell or Daniel Motlop? Lenny Hayes or Des Headland?

Talent is one thing, and Coxy has a helluva lot of it, but he has up until recently lacked the work ethic, the will to win and the hardness (both mentally and physically) to be able to make it at, yes, D5 A Grade level. It's also a commentary on CLG's perceived strength this year.

I sometimes think you don't actually watch football or actively get involved in it. I can't believe you have never seen a really talented kid who doesn't have the application to turn that talent into a successful football career.
morell
Coach

Postby Jetters » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Purely from a football perspective, I'd be extremely surprised if he makes an impact at div 5 level and in terms of being worth a few$$$ that's just laughable.[/quote]He will need to work very hard to make the CLG A grade at all, let alone make an impact. As for being worth $$$ I know of players with much less talent than Coxy getting coin! Every man and his dog are getting some spending money these days. You'd be worth a small fortune mate!

He has also come a long way since you and I were plying our trades. He's added an element of hardness to his game and his contested marking is now really quite good.[/quote]

If a bloke struggling to play Div 5 'oozes talent', I'd hate to hear how you would describe someone who could kick and catch. What a pisser.[/quote]Ahh yeah the old "no decent players play below D2" sort of thinking.

But clearly, and yet again, for I think the 12th time, you have completely misunderstood the point. Are you doing it deliberately?

Who has more talent - Brad Sewell or Daniel Motlop? Lenny Hayes or Des Headland?

Talent is one thing, and Coxy has a helluva lot of it, but he has up until recently lacked the work ethic, the will to win and the hardness (both mentally and physically) to be able to make it at, yes, D5 A Grade level. It's also a commentary on CLG's perceived strength this year.

I sometimes think you don't actually watch football or actively get involved in it. I can't believe you have never seen a really talented kid who doesn't have the application to turn that talent into a successful football career.[/quote]

So you are complaining about losing a lazy, uncompetitive, physically and mentally weak and now obviously disloyal footballer, who may, if all goes well scrape into a Div 5 side? You blokes take the cake.

And for your stupid talent question, Lenny Hayes by a million miles.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:23 pm

You need to take quoting 101 again.

That was painful to read.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby morell » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:40 pm

Jetters wrote:So you are complaining about losing a lazy, uncompetitive, physically and mentally weak and now obviously disloyal footballer, who may, if all goes well scrape into a Div 5 side? You blokes take the cake.
I wasn't really complaining, I was stirring up scottroo because we have history in this area - CLG "poaching" players from MPFC. Something which as usual you wouldn't have been aware of. Sometimes when you are unaware of the context of a discussion, it's best to just put the keyboard on ice for a while ... or you look stupid.... repeatedly.. ;)

Coxy is no longer any of those things (he probably was, when Freo and I were playing with him - hence the context of that discussion - again, context you would be unaware of) and given a full preseason, motivated mind and a healthy body, he will make an impact at D5 level due to his inherent talent.

Jetters wrote:And for your stupid talent question, Lenny Hayes by a million miles.
Exactly. :roll:
morell
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:57 pm

morell wrote:I wasn't really complaining, I was stirring up scottroo because we have history in this area - CLG "poaching" players from MPFC. Something which as usual you wouldn't have been aware of. Sometimes when you are unaware of the context of a discussion, it's best to just put the keyboard on ice for a while ... or you look stupid.... repeatedly.. ;)

i cant name one player in the last 5 years that has come across from MP..give us some names..and werent spacie and daish CLG juniors?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby scottroo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Spot on zed, although daish is the son of a life member ;)
scottroo
League - Best 21

Been liked: 172 times

Postby zedman » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:30 pm

scottroo wrote:Spot on zed, although daish is the son of a life member ;)

gotcha..i wasnt sure of the connection but i knew there was one of sorts..
zedman
Coach

Postby Mr Onions » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:37 pm

zedman wrote:
scottroo wrote:Spot on zed, although daish is the son of a life member ;)

gotcha..i wasn't sure of the connection but i knew there was one of sorts..

i reckon you could extend that time to the last twenty years. The only one i can recall in that time was D.Slattery and that was only because he was barred from your club. T Spacie has played more senior games for CLG than he played for MP and his CLG games were were played prior to his playing for MP.
Mr Onions
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby morell » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:42 pm

morell
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:48 pm

zedman
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:52 pm

FFS do I have to explicitly explain everything for everyone all of the time.

About 2 years ago I made fun and offered some genteel jibes at CLG after they were trying to poach a couple of our players. Which they were, despite their protests. You can define what "poach" means if you like, but some of our players were getting offers from CLG, either though official channels or not, to jump from MP to CLG.

Anyway, at the time, scottroo and zedman flew off the handle and had an all around hissy fit and lost their marbles at me for saying just that. Which I and others found absolutely hilarious. So now I very deliberately poke fun at this story and in general poke fun at CLG because it makes them mad and everyone else laugh. Finals chokes, hair gel, champagne glasses, poaching our players, kicking bins etc etc etc

Hence my post way back saying the CLG are up to their old tricks and trying to poach MPFC players - even if it did have a peppercorn of truth in it due to Coxy training with them.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League