4%
Rosewater
13%
Woodville South
7%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Postby BFG » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:06 pm

I'm just upset that Mitchell Park haven't tried to poach me yet. I must have been to that oval 5 times for a kick in the last two weeks and not so much as an invitation to train. I have to say i'm quite hurt.

I know if it were CLG we would've already had you, both parents signed up as social members and any future kids already on the books.

On a more serious note, Rosewater have been busy and look to have a fair few ins, apart from Richards who was mentioned above, anyone have an idea about the quality of these nee recruits?
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby scottroo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:50 pm

If anyone over the last few years knows who clgfc have approached to play it would be myself and zedman. I sent jack spacie a text a few years back to see if he wanted to return to his junior club. I'm looking forward to seeing aaron play this year and hope he cracks our a grade, but he is here because he has mates at Clg not because we poached him with the promise of $

I heard a rumour Morell you may be mitchell parks new b grade coach?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times

Postby scottroo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:52 pm

morell wrote:FFS do I have to explicitly explain everything for everyone all of the time.

About 2 years ago I made fun and offered some genteel jibes at CLG after they were trying to poach a couple of our players. Which they were, despite their protests. You can define what "poach" means if you like, but some of our players were getting offers from CLG, either though official channels or not, to jump from MP to CLG.

Anyway, at the time, scottroo and zedman flew off the handle and had an all around hissy fit and lost their marbles at me for saying just that. Which I and others found absolutely hilarious. So now I very deliberately poke fun at this story and in general poke fun at CLG because it makes them mad and everyone else laugh. Finals chokes, hair gel, champagne glasses, poaching our players, kicking bins etc etc etc

Hence my post way back saying the CLG are up to their old tricks and trying to poach MPFC players - even if it did have a peppercorn of truth in it due to Coxy training with them.

To be honest mate I think you're the only person who found it funny
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times

Postby morell » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:48 pm

scottroo wrote:If anyone over the last few years knows who clgfc have approached to play it would be myself and zedman. I sent jack spacie a text a few years back to see if he wanted to return to his junior club. I'm looking forward to seeing aaron play this year and hope he cracks our a grade, but he is here because he has mates at Clg not because we poached him with the promise of $
Fair enough. Hope he trains well and proves all the doubters wrong. He's a good egg.

scottroo wrote:I heard a rumour Morell you may be mitchell parks new b grade coach?
OMG could you imagine?

Haha. I did put my hand up if it was going to be vacant and the club was desperate but Alfie Weekley decided to give it another crack. I'll be giving him a hand informally from the forward pocket.

scottroo wrote:To be honest mate I think you're the only person who found it funny

Yeah, as I said, everyone. :lol: :lol:
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:51 pm

BFG wrote:I'm just upset that Mitchell Park haven't tried to poach me yet. I must have been to that oval 5 times for a kick in the last two weeks and not so much as an invitation to train. I have to say i'm quite hurt.

I know if it were CLG we would've already had you, both parents signed up as social members and any future kids already on the books.

On a more serious note, Rosewater have been busy and look to have a fair few ins, apart from Richards who was mentioned above, anyone have an idea about the quality of these nee recruits?

All good blokes, some can play, some not so much.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Every year the "Ring Of Fire" (Havens, Portland, Port Districts, West Croydon, Woody South, Seaton and Rosewater) all seem to have a high turnover rate (mostly between each other). It's almost like The Real Housewives of Port Adelaide ;)
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jetters » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:46 pm

morell wrote:
Jetters wrote:So you are complaining about losing a lazy, uncompetitive, physically and mentally weak and now obviously disloyal footballer, who may, if all goes well scrape into a Div 5 side? You blokes take the cake.
I wasn't really complaining, I was stirring up scottroo because we have history in this area - CLG "poaching" players from MPFC. Something which as usual you wouldn't have been aware of. Sometimes when you are unaware of the context of a discussion, it's best to just put the keyboard on ice for a while ... or you look stupid.... repeatedly.. ;)

Coxy is no longer any of those things (he probably was, when Freo and I were playing with him - hence the context of that discussion - again, context you would be unaware of) and given a full preseason, motivated mind and a healthy body, he will make an impact at D5 level due to his inherent talent.

Jetters wrote:And for your stupid talent question, Lenny Hayes by a million miles.
Exactly. :roll:

Ahhh Morell you are such a snoof
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:17 am

Greenacres had 12 out at trainning and joined up with the girls for a while last night
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby BFG » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:45 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
BFG wrote:I'm just upset that Mitchell Park haven't tried to poach me yet. I must have been to that oval 5 times for a kick in the last two weeks and not so much as an invitation to train. I have to say i'm quite hurt.

thats what you're after for sustained success though. Good blokes that wanna hang around for years to come.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Boosh » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:45 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Every year the "Ring Of Fire" (Havens, Portland, Port Districts, West Croydon, Woody South, Seaton and Rosewater) all seem to have a high turnover rate (mostly between each other). It's almost like The Real Housewives of Port Adelaide ;)

That would be a scary TV Show.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Greenacres had 12 out at trainning and joined up with the girls for a while last night

I thought they had recruited a heap,

Smokescreen?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby chief » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:05 pm

Who would believe anything Rob_Stark dribbles anyway.
chief
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby turk186 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:31 pm

chief wrote:Who would believe anything Rob_Stark dribbles anyway.

Fair go chief he got it half right...what he didn't mention was the fact that the womens team has being doing all, and will do, the fitness related work with the boys for the preseason.

Its all about being one club Rob
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 24 times

Postby S Demon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:54 pm

Bamford, Eisner and Coomblas all off to Broadies
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:19 am

BFG wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

thats what you're after for sustained success though. Good blokes that wanna hang around for years to come.

Richards has decided not to come across.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby turk186 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:48 am

S Demon wrote:Bamford, Eisner and Coomblas all off to Broadies

Think there may be another to add to that list....not sure if some of these will make Broadies A grade but good luck to them anyway.
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 24 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:51 am

turk186 wrote:

Fair go chief he got it half right...what he didn't mention was the fact that the womens team has being doing all, and will do, the fitness related work with the boys for the preseason.

probably is about being 1 club but what i posted was correct you did only have 12 guys at trainning seen with my own eyes
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Wasim1 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:14 am

turk186 wrote:
S Demon wrote:Bamford, Eisner and Coomblas all off to Broadies

Think there may be another to add to that list....not sure if some of these will make Broadies A grade but good luck to them anyway.

Isn't one of the Bamford lads coming back from knee surgery?
Wasim1
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
turk186 wrote:

probably is about being 1 club but what i posted was correct you did only have 12 guys at trainning seen with my own eyes

So you didn't borrow someone else's eyes?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:
turk186 wrote:

So you didn't borrow someone else's eyes?

we are in february and for 12 players and at least 4 of them not up to any sort of fitness should they be another club required to have 55 on the books
being 50 days give or take a few out from start of season and only 20 days away i will make the call early and say greenacres to struggle filling a B grade each week and A grade bottom half based on lack of fitness

and i base that on 3 weeks of tuesday trainning sessions that i seen
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League