Glenelg FC

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Glenelg FC

Postby RB » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Happy Endings wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:
Happy Endings wrote:Glenelg voted yes. Get over it and stop besmirching the character of a great bloke who works tirelessly for his club.

Besmirching? Nice one.

Chiggy deserves exactly the same level of opprobrium as all of the weak as p*ss club presidents who sold their club and, by extension, competition down the river.

I'll get over it when those clowns have left the competition.

Firstly great use of the word opprobrium. I think you will find the 6 guys that voted yes are actually 6 clubs.
No, actually, it really was only 6 guys. I can only speak for my club, but at our 'members information night', it was one boofhead telling a room full of skeptics why he was doing what absolutely nobody wanted him to do. I am told that the same occurred at Glenelg and North.

These clubs won't be going anywhere soon.
Totally irrelevant to the broader issue of whether they should be in the comp.

We have a ten team comp now and it's here to stay. You don't have to like it but it is unfair of you to continually attack Chiggy for making a club decision.
...which didn't actually involve any consultation with the soul of the club (the members)

You will be eating your words when the Bays win the premiership
Will he? How will that change anything? The decision made by Chiggy and the other five will still be a piece of shit. This is about the future of the comp; every year, exactly one team will win the flag. Occasionally it'll be Glenelg. So what, will the Bays win flags thanks to Chiggy's genius? The same could be said for any team who wins the premiership.

(Maxwell Smart voice) "Would you believe make the 5?" " Would you believe improve".

Definitely will improve this year and it all starts April 3 at the Bay. Happy for you to join me and Chiggy for a beer when we beat South
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:59 pm

on the rails wrote:Further to my earlier post - the two clubs that voted NO were not penalised, both still got their AFL Funded dividend and were no better or worse off than the 6 clubs who voted Yes. The spin doctors who point to crowd stats to support the argument about their inclusion are people who can't see that stats can be manipulated to suit an arguement depending on what view / angle you take.

I have read just about all the Clubs financial reports for 2014 and I cannot see anywhere in any of the figures where the inclusion of AFL Clubs into our comp helped or looks like helping long term re the perilous situations some clubs find themselve in re revenue and servicing large debts. I think personally that the situation will get worse over time and the spin fed by the likes of Trigg and Chapman re the $$$ windfall would bring the SANFL will prove to be what it is - a bunch of lies.

Did the annual dividend increase for the 8 clubs?
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:20 am

Happy Endings wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:
Happy Endings wrote:Glenelg voted yes. Get over it and stop besmirching the character of a great bloke who works tirelessly for his club.

Besmirching? Nice one.

Chiggy deserves exactly the same level of opprobrium as all of the weak as p*ss club presidents who sold their club and, by extension, competition down the river.

I'll get over it when those clowns have left the competition.

Firstly great use of the word opprobrium. I think you will find the 6 guys that voted yes are actually 6 clubs. These clubs won't be going anywhere soon. We have a ten team comp now and it's here to stay. You don't have to like it but it is unfair of you attack chiggy for making a club decision

He went against the will of his members to make this decision. members have left and will never return because of this mans Club decision. And what an air tight case he presented to the members when spitting in their faces by voting YES at the information night.

And it's here to stay is it ???absolutely nothing can be done???? Disgraceful to see these yes men at GFC Give up on fighting for the best thing for SA football future. More focus on potential sales for 5AA and ratings for 7 than representing sa football.

Aren't the AFL sides entry into the SANFL by annual review ,HE ??

If the SANFL clubs at one annual review Prove afl clubs inclusion has done nothing but damage the integrity of SANFL. Not one clubs financial position is better off and all have lost members since the inclusion. we conclue you should take your reserves elsewhere as this review shows this isn't beneficial to our clubs and comp at all.

What then ??????

How about u and chiggy grow some balls for the sake of South australian football and stand up ffs.

I agree with 95% of bays fans who aren't gullible enough in thinking Nick Chigwidden isnt a disgrace to His club/ members. Everyone in sa football would be better off without this spineless yes Man involvement.

More than welcome to have yourself/nick contact myself to discuss any points you don't understand.

Pass on my best to Glenda
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby on the rails » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:01 pm

kickinit wrote:
on the rails wrote:Further to my earlier post - the two clubs that voted NO were not penalised, both still got their AFL Funded dividend and were no better or worse off than the 6 clubs who voted Yes. The spin doctors who point to crowd stats to support the argument about their inclusion are people who can't see that stats can be manipulated to suit an arguement depending on what view / angle you take.

I have read just about all the Clubs financial reports for 2014 and I cannot see anywhere in any of the figures where the inclusion of AFL Clubs into our comp helped or looks like helping long term re the perilous situations some clubs find themselve in re revenue and servicing large debts. I think personally that the situation will get worse over time and the spin fed by the likes of Trigg and Chapman re the $$$ windfall would bring the SANFL will prove to be what it is - a bunch of lies.

The AFL Dividend fluctuates each year depending on things such as gate receipts. I would say AO attendances and a shit load the SANFL made as a result heavily contributed to an increase. I want to see some real hard figures as to how much the league has gain having the crows and Power playing in the comp? Just as well the AFC committed to a set match fee for each game because it proved to be Trigg and Chapmans lies about all the extra fans they would bring each week would have cost clubs big time relying on gate revenue.

Out of interest kickinit - what did the PAFC bring the league as a positive let alone what in real $ dollars as the AFC actually did?
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby kickinit » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:58 pm

on the rails wrote:
kickinit wrote:

The AFL Dividend fluctuates each year depending on things such as gate receipts. I would say AO attendances and a shit load the SANFL made as a result heavily contributed to an increase. I want to see some real hard figures as to how much the league has gain having the crows and Power playing in the comp? Just as well the AFC committed to a set match fee for each game because it proved to be Trigg and Chapmans lies about all the extra fans they would bring each week would have cost clubs big time relying on gate revenue.

Out of interest kickinit - what did the PAFC bring the league as a positive let alone what in real $ dollars as the AFC actually did?

Port handed back is dividend, which was suppose to be spilt up to each club (my interest in if the dividend went up). I'm also guessing the clubs got a percentage of the all game memberships, the one that gives you access to every game (I'm not too sure how this all gets spilt up). I don't actually think the clubs were too interested in $$. After Port initial proposal got knocked back, KT went to all the clubs (except Central's) and asked what they wanted changed, Port had already agreed to hand back the dividend and there was no increase in $$. The whole crows extra fans thing is another good example, if they where about the $$ then it would of been in writing.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby on the rails » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 pm

In any case the whole comp is compromised and will eventually lie down and die under the suffocation and bullying of the AFL. Those 6 Presidents and their supporting CEO's will be remembered for only that in years to come but only if people can be bothered to remember!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:22 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Happy Endings wrote:You don't have to like it but it is unfair of you to continually attack Chiggy for making a club decision.

Refer to OTR's post why I can and will continue to attack Chiggy and his five mates for their outrageously poor decision.

Don't attack Glenelg supporters. What they do is hang crap when they are winning but run to the hills when things become normal again. You will notice a trend that one posts and a few back it up. I'm still waiting on a response about what Chiggy did to save the club.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby kickinit » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:26 pm

on the rails wrote:In any case the whole comp is compromised and will eventually lie down and die under the suffocation and bullying of the AFL. Those 6 Presidents and their supporting CEO's will be remembered for only that in years to come but only if people can be bothered to remember!

I don't get how you can say the afl has bullied the sanfl. They asked for what they wanted and the sanfl clubs gave it to them. Like I said port second proposal didn't change a lot from the first. 7 of the 8 clubs were asked what they wanted changed and in result it was 7-1 vote for yes.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Bounce of the ball » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:31 pm

kickinit wrote:
on the rails wrote:In any case the whole comp is compromised and will eventually lie down and die under the suffocation and bullying of the AFL. Those 6 Presidents and their supporting CEO's will be remembered for only that in years to come but only if people can be bothered to remember!

I don't get how you can say the afl has bullied the sanfl. They asked for what they wanted and the sanfl clubs gave it to them. Like I said port second proposal didn't change a lot from the first. 7 of the 8 clubs were asked what they wanted changed and in result it was 7-1 vote for yes.

Sad thing is .....you are serious.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby kickinit » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:31 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Sad thing is .....you are serious.

The sad thing is, it's the truth. Those 8 club presidents are the ones that voted, port and the crows didn't have a vote.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:Don't attack Glenelg supporters. What they do is hang crap when they are winning but run to the hills when things become normal again. You will notice a trend that one posts and a few back it up. I'm still waiting on a response about what Chiggy did to save the club.

And you were asked a question on the first page of this thread which I'm still waiting on a response.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Pseudo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:24 am

kickinit wrote:

Standover tactics like threatening to deny coin and media exposure, and threatening to join the ammos should be rightly regarded as bullying.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby stan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:28 am

Pseudo wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Standover tactics like threatening to deny coin and media exposure, and threatening to join the ammos should be rightly regarded as bullying.

That ammos call from Trigg was such a load of flog. Seriously how anyone would think having your reserves playing in a comp they will smash each week would actually be better than the previous setup.

But hey Trigg seems to see the world differently.......
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Reddeer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:08 pm

stan wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
kickinit wrote:

That ammos call from Trigg was such a load of flog. Seriously how anyone would think having your reserves playing in a comp they will smash each week would actually be better than the previous setup.

But hey Trigg seems to see the world differently.......

Trigg can rot with Carlton just as he has pissed off to leave the SANFL to rot as it is doing
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times

Postby dedja » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Why isn't this stuff in the whinge thread?

It's distracting everyone from the real job of Glenelg bashing.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby JK » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:30 pm

dedja wrote:Why isn't this stuff in the whinge thread?

It's distracting everyone from the real job of Glenelg bashing.

Be patient, it's a long season mate ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby dedja » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:31 pm

:lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:02 pm

I don't see any reason why we can't start now. Like you say JK, it's a long season, but we really do have plenty of material. I think we've enough to see us through, yes?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7490 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby dedja » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:26 pm

Yeah, it's never-ending ... plenty to last for years.

We are Port Adelaide :lol:
dedja
Coach

Postby dedja » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:38 pm

countdown to account removal ... 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 ...
dedja
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL