Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon 2014

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:46 am

Ignorance wasn't a good defence for Wade or Saad.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby stan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:04 am

Q. wrote:Ignorance wasn't a good defence for Wade or Saad.

Correct and it wont be here either.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:41 am

Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Happy Endings wrote:So will teams just get a bye or forfeit win when they are scheduled to play the Dons this year

No, have enough backup players
Depends on how long bans are, may only get a couple of weeks ban

that would be a disgrace...

Back dating it is a joke too.

Essendon doesnt make the rules, sportsmen all around the world have been given back dated penalties.
Way too early to predict IMO, depending which media person you listen to the ban ranged from zero weeks to 6 months

i'm not blaming the bombers on the back dating and i'm aware that those sort of punishments apply, but i find it hard to believe that they can back date a punishment considering they were never not allowed to do something. It's not not like when you get a jail sentence and you've already spent a year in prison and they back date it to the start of your incarsaration...
Last edited by woodublieve12 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:09 am

Very similar to the Cronulla Sharks backdating. It went back to their last game hence they are back in round 2 or whatever it is.
Watson might get more because ASADA and/or WADA could appeal him playing in the International rules despite the AFL approving it and selecting him, his penalty would be backdated to that date
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Titus O'Reily @TitusOReily
The entire Essendon playing list will consider boycotting the NAB Challenge, in a sign common sense remains elusive at the club.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Well we have boycotted the regular season for the last 15 years lol
Jim05
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:32 pm

The players have made it clear that they are concerned that playing in the NAB will mean the back dating of a penality will be goned and it will be the season they will be gone for if they play in the NAB. Is the NAB worth that? hell no.
stan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:47 pm

stan wrote:The players have made it clear that they are concerned that playing in the NAB will mean the back dating of a penality will be goned and it will be the season they will be gone for if they play in the NAB. Is the NAB worth that? hell no.

Decision not expected until early to mid March now so may be a few regular season games boycotted aswell
Jim05
Coach

Postby kickinit » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:01 pm

stan wrote:The players have made it clear that they are concerned that playing in the NAB will mean the back dating of a penality will be goned and it will be the season they will be gone for if they play in the NAB. Is the NAB worth that? hell no.

But I thought they were innocent, surely with how little and birds have acted in the media it wouldn't be a issue playing in the NAB cup.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:14 pm

kickinit wrote:

But I thought they were innocent, surely with how little and birds have acted in the media it wouldn't be a issue playing in the NAB cup.

And they still maintain they are innocent but it cant hurt preparing yourself for the worst. As you quite rightly stated in the thread about your mate Shahin, prosecutors and judges can be influenced or get it wrong sometimes. Plenty of guilty people have been let off and plenty of innocent people have been punished, no harm in the players covering all their bases.
It will be up to the individual players if they choose to play or not but at this stage the AFLPA is advising them against it.
It will be then up to Essendon to decide if they play with a weakened side or withdraw completely
Jim05
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:24 am

kickinit wrote:

Well then you make sure Ryder plays in the NAB cup then.

On a serious note I have no idea if they are innocent or not. I believe the players were badly mislead but thats no defence. The players are responsible for what goes im there body and that is a hard and fast rule.

Still I wouldn't want to be chancing missing the entire season for the glory of playing im the NAB cup [emoji6]
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:27 am

Jim05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

And they still maintain they are innocent but it cant hurt preparing yourself for the worst. As you quite rightly stated in the thread about your mate Shahin, prosecutors and judges can be influenced or get it wrong sometimes. Plenty of guilty people have been let off and plenty of innocent people have been punished, no harm in the players covering all their bases.
It will be up to the individual players if they choose to play or not but at this stage the AFLPA is advising them against it.
It will be then up to Essendon to decide if they play with a weakened side or withdraw completely

The AFL are looking at allowing Essendon to fill up with some VFL players.

Whilst this will be a weaker side it has a positive effect for some VFL players. They will get a chance to impress at he higher level and may catch the eye of a few teams perhaps.
stan
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:33 am

Id say they are more than just looking at allowing Essendon to top up with VFL players, have a look at the list of delisted players that have lobbed at Essendon's VFL side this year
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:11 am

stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

The AFL are looking at allowing Essendon to fill up with some VFL players.

Whilst this will be a weaker side it has a positive effect for some VFL players. They will get a chance to impress at he higher level and may catch the eye of a few teams perhaps.

The other players are looking at withdrawing to protect their team mates identity even though most people know who got infraction notices. If they all decided to band together and not play in the NAB Cup there isnt much Essendon can do about it unfortunately
Jim05
Coach

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:19 am

daysofourlives wrote:Id say they are more than just looking at allowing Essendon to top up with VFL players, have a look at the list of delisted players that have lobbed at Essendon's VFL side this year

Have more than enough on our list providing no injuries. 17 on the current list have infraction notices
Jim05
Coach

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:19 pm

As predicted last year Sheeds is coming back in an Ambassador role, has informed GWS that he will be stepping down in the coming weeks.
His main role will be to increase sponsorship and hopefully push membership up to the 65k mark. He will also be co-ordinating our eventual return to the MCG which hopefully will be the 2016 season.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:29 am

I thought he was coming back as a top up player.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:55 am

Booney wrote:I thought he was coming back as a top up player.

He'd still get more touches than Patrenko
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:21 am

He lived through the 60's. That'd be good preparation for a season at Windy Hill.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:58 pm

$250k per year for an ambassador role where do I sign up!
That club must be made of money, whats that 4 ex AFL coaches on their payroll or something?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL