HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby ClamMan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:46 pm

**POST EDITED BY MODERATORS - (the matter raised in this post was of a sensitive and potentially legal nature)**
ClamMan
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Not a good start ClamMan. First ever post is deleted. I'm intrigued to know what it was about though.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Corona Man » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:34 pm

cracka wrote:Not a good start ClamMan. First ever post is deleted. I'm intrigued to know what it was about though.

Yes quite possibly some kind of record. Intriguing that Clam Man joined nearly 12 months ago, and this is the topic of his first ever post. You really don't need to be Einstein to work out what it was about. Something that has been raised on this forum in the past, and IMHO, been "selectively" moderated.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby overthehill » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:38 pm

So in a completely unrelated matter, who is coaching Echunga this year?
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Just read on the SFL page that Mcentee has left Torrens valley, thats a big loss as he was hugely important to them last year in giving first use to o'sullivan and hunter.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby running defender » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:17 pm

It looks like he's gone to the valley's in SFL.. Cooper gluyas, Alex oddy and Tyson ware all to Kingston. Some good young kids lost their + a handy ruckmam.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:11 pm

I heard a rumor of another signing for Hahndorf.
anyone else here of signings?
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby redsox » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:30 pm

lovethefooty wrote:I heard a rumor of another signing for Hahndorf.
anyone else here of signings?

David Liston?

Our Buddy Running Defender might be able to help us out?
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:19 pm

David Liston.....where is he from?
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Panther32 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:10 pm

running defender wrote:It looks like he's gone to the valley's in SFL.. Cooper gluyas, Alex oddy and Tyson ware all to Kingston. Some good young kids lost their + a handy ruckmam.

According the SFL McCentee has gone to Reynella?
Is he any good? What position?
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:41 pm

Panther32 wrote:
running defender wrote:It looks like he's gone to the valley's in SFL.. Cooper gluyas, Alex oddy and Tyson ware all to Kingston. Some good young kids lost their + a handy ruckmam.

According the SFL McCentee has gone to Reynella?
Is he any good? What position?

Ruckman, Was the best ruckman in the comp in my opinion very athletic and great around the ground plus barely ever gets beaten in the ruck. Mind you i only saw him play ironbank and we didnt have a ruckman but he was the best ruck we would of played against (Mind you Down always kills us as well).
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Alaska » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:39 am

lovethefooty wrote:David Liston.....where is he from?

He is a running defender from Echunga
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Sniper » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:53 pm

I read somewhere that somebody said he kicked a long goal in the 2nd half of the GF....
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby redsox » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:04 pm

Echunga trying to poach U/15 players from other clubs with free subs.

What happens round 1 when they turn up with 10 players?
redsox

Postby R. White » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Redsox you have some serious issues mate. You posts are bashing echunga 99% of the time. Get a life, they won the flsg and the court case and now they are trying to address junior number issues and you are having a go at them. Maybe you should get off your a$$ and do something to help your club instead of attacking others having a go!
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby redsox » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:49 pm

R. White wrote:Redsox you have some serious issues mate. You posts are bashing echunga 99% of the time. Get a life, they won the flsg and the court case and now they are trying to address junior number issues and you are having a go at them. Maybe you should get off your a$$ and do something to help your club instead of attacking others having a go!

Ouch. No issues here mate and I do plenty for my club but I like how you use the $ for you letter S.
redsox

Postby running defender » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:12 am

I think its called been pro-active, its a pitty some of you blokes or girls hav''nt got a clue what it means. Well if you keep letting clubs have 30 kids on there books, sooner or later they just walk away or they go to another club and keep playing simple as that. Just have a look what soccer is doing its growing 4 times faster than AFL. The hills football leauge represents 150000 people just have a look at how many junior soccer teams there are. I know for a fact some bigger clubs than us are strugling for junior numbers. We need to get on the front foot and keep the kids in this great game of ours, otherwise it might be to late.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:19 am

New to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. But reading these threads makes me wonder about the Echunga posters vs everyone else. I see some controversy of late and accusations of poaching junior kids by Echunga and my initial inquiries with several clubs indicate that they calling parents to cohearse them to play for Echunga. That certainly doesnt sound like they are trying to attract new players to the great game of AFL but merely take existing players from other clubs.
Anywho, I will continue my searching as living near Mt Barker gives me plenty of choice of clubs to consider and I am sure they (you) are all good (and bad) in different ways.. Certainly seems like a passionate league with no shortage of egos! Its funny how you form an opinion without knowing any of the clubs purely based on their colours and logo! Eg Everyone seems to hate the black and white magpies, the roos promise so much but rarely deliver, the bulldogs struggle, the tigers cant hold it together, the demons are cellar dwellers but try hard..! Im quickly going to have to readjust my perceptions Im sure!
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Panther32 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:24 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Just read on the SFL page that Mcentee has left Torrens valley, thats a big loss as he was hugely important to them last year in giving first use to o'sullivan and hunter.

Clearance for McCentee denied? :shock:
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Legs Man » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:41 am

wazzal77 wrote:New to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. But reading these threads makes me wonder about the Echunga posters vs everyone else. I see some controversy of late and accusations of poaching junior kids by Echunga and my initial inquiries with several clubs indicate that they calling parents to cohearse them to play for Echunga. That certainly doesnt sound like they are trying to attract new players to the great game of AFL but merely take existing players from other clubs.
Anywho, I will continue my searching as living near Mt Barker gives me plenty of choice of clubs to consider and I am sure they (you) are all good (and bad) in different ways.. Certainly seems like a passionate league with no shortage of egos! Its funny how you form an opinion without knowing any of the clubs purely based on their colours and logo! Eg Everyone seems to hate the black and white magpies, the roos promise so much but rarely deliver, the bulldogs struggle, the tigers cant hold it together, the demons are cellar dwellers but try hard..! Im quickly going to have to readjust my perceptions Im sure!

Hey Wazza

Don't believe the sour grapes or banter delivered by anti Echunga posts.

We would welcome you with open arms and if your lad is under 15 we will even pay his first year subs - thanks to a generous sponsor.

Echunga is actively seeking to boost the junior grades - both new players and current - to ensure a good future.

As you will see - echungafc.com.au - the right people are involved and we really value any new families into our club.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy