9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby cracka » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:
marbles wrote:only speculation..

"salisbury" to not meet affiliation requirements (not Salisbury west)

therefore a bye for div 5 or a team goes up? then a bye for div 6 or houghton goes up?

-------------------------------------------------

then ya have 4 more clubs also may not not meet affiliation requirements (55 players)...

# mitchell park, flinders uni, north pines & wingfield

# and who knows how angle vale are doing? would they instead go to the gawler league

all doomsday possibilities but how unrealistic is it really?

Cant see AV ever being accepted into the BL&G, wouldnt be able to field anywhere near the minimal ammount of sides required

Yep. Takes a lot for BL&G to accept a club. Birdwood FC applied a few years ago & had the correct amount of Football & netball teams but got rejected.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:19 pm

cracka wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

therefore a bye for div 5 or a team goes up? then a bye for div 6 or houghton goes up?

then ya have 4 more clubs also may not not meet affiliation requirements (55 players)...

# and who knows how angle vale are doing? would they instead go to the gawler league

Cant see AV ever being accepted into the BL&G, wouldnt be able to field anywhere near the minimal ammount of sides required

Yep. Takes a lot for BL&G to accept a club. Birdwood FC applied a few years ago & had the correct amount of Football & netball teams but got rejected.

My understanding was they didnt have enough netball teams, they wanted to join the comp and promised to get the numbers up within a year but were still knocked back
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby norm11 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Jim05 wrote:
cracka wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

My understanding was they didnt have enough netball teams, they wanted to join the comp and promised to get the numbers up within a year but were still knocked back

Jim u would be pleasantly surprised what angle have football wise. What would they need to enter the comp teams wise?? They would struggle big time being competitive that would be all.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:42 pm

Reading the posts it's interesting to get your head around 55 players needed to be a part of Div 7. Most teams in this Div could only dream of it in Feb. I'm at 45 genuine and signed but when cricket is over, and we have 4 teams all playing finals, then we are over the line. Oh hang on a minute, it's then March and we are out on our bum. :D :D :D
Only joking you league watchers. All's good.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:51 pm

norm11 wrote:Jim u would be pleasantly surprised what angle have football wise. What would they need to enter the comp teams wise?? They would struggle big time being competitive that would be all.

2 senior sides and 2 junior sides football wise. Not sure of netball numbers but think its 6 senior and 6 junior minimum requirement.
As you said being competitive would also be an issue, would think they would need a fair few incoming players to get them to a high enough standard to compete, at the moment probably about the standard of the lower reserves sides
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby norm11 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:04 pm

Jim05 wrote:
norm11 wrote:Jim u would be pleasantly surprised what angle have football wise. What would they need to enter the comp teams wise?? They would struggle big time being competitive that would be all.

2 senior sides and 2 junior sides football wise. Not sure of netball numbers but think its 6 senior and 6 junior minimum requirement.
As you said being competitive would also be an issue, would think they would need a fair few incoming players to get them to a high enough standard to compete, at the moment probably about the standard of the lower reserves sides

Football wise not an issue. Currently have 2 senior sides and are looking to have an under 18s and an under 16s. Also an under 9 s 11s, 13s I think. Kids numbers not an issue. Netball I'm not so sure about. But they seem to have plenty of kids teams currently playing on Friday nights.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby twobob » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:40 am

Yank Man wrote:Reading the posts it's interesting to get your head around 55 players needed to be a part of Div 7. Most teams in this Div could only dream of it in Feb. I'm at 45 genuine and signed but when cricket is over, and we have 4 teams all playing finals, then we are over the line. Oh hang on a minute, it's then March and we are out on our bum. :D :D :D
Only joking you league watchers. All's good.

Where did all your cricketers go last year Yank Man?
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby morell » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:07 am

I'd say a few were B-C Graders who didn't want to play D6 A grade. And rightly so. So they went nowhere and sat idle for year. A couple played A Grade last year but haven't shown their face yet this year.

It wouldn't be too many - maybe 5-10 - but its enough for us to meet our obligations.

I am sure the infinite wisdom and operations intellect of Yank Man will work it out in time.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

We'd only just have 55 financial players on the books... By June.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:37 pm

I don't think they have to financial, Q, just registered.

Otherwise it would take us a decade to get 55 players all paid up.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby jake the snake » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:47 am

Are blackwood allowed to play with only one side? I heard a rumour today blackwoods a and b grade will play hills central, c grade saafl and have now introduced a d grade playing hills c grade comp? Surely they can't have the best of both worlds
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:00 pm

I'll have to confirm the answrer but I think they're D grade would be playing with us too.

There would be some sort of assumption that the others will eventually follow suit.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby jake the snake » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:12 pm

According to fb, a and b on hfl, c in saafl, d in hfl
jake the snake
Under 16s

Postby jake the snake » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Doesn't seem to be fair...especially while there's teams less then 5km mitchell park and flinders uni struggling
jake the snake
Under 16s

Postby jo172 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Does Hills C Grade still play on Sundays? Maybe it's something to do with that.

I'm not overly fussed where Blackwood puts its teams, I do however think that if they're only fielding one side in the SAAFL that side should be put in a C Grade with Div 7/8 reserved for two (or four) side clubs.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:42 pm

one team only breaks the 55 player rule. and why split ya Ds from ya Cs, it mean more trainers umpires volunteers required
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:06 pm

jo172 wrote:Does Hills C Grade still play on Sundays? Maybe it's something to do with that.

I'm not overly fussed where Blackwood puts its teams, I do however think that if they're only fielding one side in the SAAFL that side should be put in a C Grade with Div 7/8 reserved for two (or four) side clubs.

Yeah Hills C grade is usually a Friday night or Sunday game which doesn't suit Blackwood. If they have 4 teams I would of thought their C & D grade would play together in SAAFL. Previously when they've had 4 senior teams they have had 2 junior teams in each age group & fill a spot in HFL div 2, I don't think this is the case this year (or last year) hence why they play C & D in SAAFL. IMO they should have the whole club in SFL. Don't think they will join SAAFL as they like juniors playing on the same day as seniors.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby marbles » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:54 pm

hmmm so...

angle vale
houghton
blackwood
flinders uni
north pines
wingfield?
mitchell park
adelaide uni
salisbury west?
bye

and then best of all.... Div 8 C-Grade Super League!!!!!!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:49 pm

If blackwood don't bring in another team, they're out.

I don't think Wingies are going to get their two teams either, so that's possibly another 2 gone.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby finn » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Happy Endings wrote:Can sum1 explain why the Div 8 grand finalist are not in this division or are they gonna be when it's finalised

Because div 8 was setup as a nominal grade for those clubs that had c and d grades so that these sides could play at the same grounds hence reducing volunteer pressure. It was never planned as a feeder grade for div 7 which is aimed at becoming a majority a grade competition. This doesn't stop clubs nominating their c grade into div 7 should they wish to but preference should be given to those clubs wishing to field a and b grade sides.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League