HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:27 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
200 Killer Wasps wrote:Could be some more legal fees coming up for the Hills Football League.

why ?

If you're referring to the Sedan scenario, how can you be sued for implementing the by-law as written ?

Are you referring to 18.1.2?

"For a Club to play Country Division Football, they must have 4 teams to compete within this Division, these being A and B Grade, Senior and Junior Colts. However a Club upon a written submission to the HFL Board may apply to vary this rule, but only in relation to either a Senior or Junior Colt Team for the upcoming season. This application must be made prior to the HFL Adjourned AGM."

I would assume that the Community Football league will step in and over-rule it. Didn't that happen when the HFL initially refused them entry when the Mid-Murray League folded?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
200 Killer Wasps wrote:Could be some more legal fees coming up for the Hills Football League.

why ?

If you're referring to the Sedan scenario, how can you be sued for implementing the by-law as written ?

"For a Club to play Country Division Football, they must have 4 teams to compete within this Division, these being A and B Grade, Senior and Junior Colts. However a Club upon a written submission to the HFL Board may apply to vary this rule, but only in relation to either a Senior or Junior Colt Team for the upcoming season. This application must be made prior to the HFL Adjourned AGM."

I would assume that the Community Football league will step in and over-rule it. Didn't that happen when the HFL initially refused them entry when the Mid-Murray League folded?

No, Sedan were admitted to the HFL based on a vote by the clubs. Clubs were led to believe that Sedan would be able to comply with the by-law and field at least one junior team (junior or senior colts). This has not happened and 2015 would have been the 4th consecutive year of non compliance with the by-law. I think you'll find the HFL clubs have been very understanding over the years but we have to accept that they are a Division 3 team with no juniors (much like Milang).
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:50 pm

I find it hard to believe the CFL could force a league into accepting a club from another league that has folded. If that was the case the Riverland Independent would have been a better option.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:56 pm

Not sure Paringa would enjoy travelling 170 km to play at Sedan and Sedan is a 195 Km trip to play against Brown's Well. Would be closer for them to play in the amateur league.
Last edited by 200 Killer Wasps on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:59 pm

200 Killer Wasps wrote:Not sure Paringa would enjoy travelling 170 km to play at Sedan.

They go to Blanchetown and/or Swan Reach, not a lot further.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:01 pm

why ?

You just love stirring the HFL pot, eh Leather. :D
cracka
Veteran

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:08 pm

cracka wrote:
200 Killer Wasps wrote:Not sure Paringa would enjoy travelling 170 km to play at Sedan.

They go to Blanchetown and/or Swan Reach, not a lot further.

Yeah you're right Swan Reach 147 km from Paringa and from Paringa to Blanchetown 123 km.
I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Kick'n Back » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Has anyone seen the draw yet if so what is round one looking like
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:21 am

cracka wrote:

why ?

Not stirring the pot, but from memory (now this is going back about 5 years so forgive me), wasn't there a vote held around October 2009 to admit Blanchetown-Swan Reach & Sedan-Cambrai where only one club voted for, 12 against and the rest abstained?

Shortly after the Mid Murray League folded and the SACFL allocated the Hills FL Sedan-Cambrai & the RFL BSR
Or was that just hearsay?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Alaska » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:35 am

I seem to have a vague memory after Mid Murray folding of the SACFL allocating the teams to the leagues involved.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby toot toot » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:33 am

Kick'n Back wrote:Has anyone seen the draw yet if so what is round one looking like

Have heard a rough draw was out, but since the vote to remove Sedan, a completely new draw will be done as they want to still play 18 rounds.
toot toot
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby doubletrouble » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:09 pm

How are clubs looking so far for recruits. Have any clubs lost any players over the break!
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:39 pm

cracka wrote:

Not stirring the pot, but from memory (now this is going back about 5 years so forgive me), wasn't there a vote held around October 2009 to admit Blanchetown-Swan Reach & Sedan-Cambrai where only one club voted for, 12 against and the rest abstained?

Shortly after the Mid Murray League folded and the SACFL allocated the Hills FL Sedan-Cambrai & the RFL BSR
Or was that just hearsay?

Was referring to the CFL overruling the vote. Everyone (I'd hope the CFL as well) knows the biggest issue with country div is clubs not having junior teams which means an alternate program has to be done which means clubs don't have all teams playing at the same venue each week. S/C are the only club who consistently don't have any junior sides, only once have they had an U15 side & only once (different year) have they had an U13 side in the comp. They also struggle to fill their A & B grades with players doubling up most weeks & getting flogged most weeks (Callington FC ring any bells). They are not being kicked out of the HFL, just moved to a more suitable comp IMO. The other option is they continue to struggle in country div (meaning 8 other clubs have to accommodate them with no juniors) & maybe fold in a few years.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:26 pm

What will happen to Hahndorf country junior colts now? Looking at 2014 all sides except S/C fielded sides and Hahndorf fielded a second side in their place. Presumably this wouldn't be allowed this year if all country sides field a team in that grade.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby redsox » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:What will happen to Hahndorf country junior colts now? Looking at 2014 all sides except S/C fielded sides and Hahndorf fielded a second side in their place. Presumably this wouldn't be allowed this year if all country sides field a team in that grade.

Echunga are looking like only having around 10 U/15 players. Maybe the left over Hahndorf players can play for Echunga.
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:05 pm

redsox wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:What will happen to Hahndorf country junior colts now? Looking at 2014 all sides except S/C fielded sides and Hahndorf fielded a second side in their place. Presumably this wouldn't be allowed this year if all country sides field a team in that grade.

Echunga are looking like only having around 10 U/15 players. Maybe the left over Hahndorf players can play for Echunga.

You're sh**ing me, if that's right then they don't meet the requirements for div 1.
cracka
Veteran

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:30 am

New poster and jumpring between the country and central threads as new to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. As I said in the central forum theres a lot going on in this league and I see with some dismay and interest being from a small town that Sedan Cambrai are struggling and were voted out..what affect does that have to a small town and community with a netball club that follows the footy. Is the towns and league so cruel to chop an entire town out because they cant fill a junior team. I see that there are rules but rules do need to reflect what is happening in small communities and be able to adjust. Do central clubs or country only clubs vote on such important decisions like this?
I feel for Sedan Cambrai as a community as in winter what other choice of sport do they have? Certainly doesnt sound like the people who voted them out where thinking about being inclusive and giving as many players as possible a go at playing football for their local town.
But hey what do I know, I am sure I will learn more about the ins and outs of this league as I get to 'shop' around..!
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:34 am

wazzal77 wrote:New poster and jumpring between the country and central threads as new to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. As I said in the central forum theres a lot going on in this league and I see with some dismay and interest being from a small town that Sedan Cambrai are struggling and were voted out..what affect does that have to a small town and community with a netball club that follows the footy. Is the towns and league so cruel to chop an entire town out because they cant fill a junior team. I see that there are rules but rules do need to reflect what is happening in small communities and be able to adjust. Do central clubs or country only clubs vote on such important decisions like this?
I feel for Sedan Cambrai as a community as in winter what other choice of sport do they have? Certainly doesnt sound like the people who voted them out where thinking about being inclusive and giving as many players as possible a go at playing football for their local town.
But hey what do I know, I am sure I will learn more about the ins and outs of this league as I get to 'shop' around..!

Just to be clear, they haven't been 'voted out', they have been put into Division 3. They remain a member club of the HFL.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby On The Pine » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 am

Spot on Wazza. Lots of hard working and community minded people having the rug pulled from under them. Posters obviously having the luxury of living in a community where they have options for their kids and families, then not giving a rats about anyone else. Then making a decision that will destroy someone else's community without a hint of guilt. Missing the point of why town sport exists.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby On The Pine » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:44 am

Elmer, good as. No coming back from Div 3. You loose half of the senior players, netballers have no options so no future.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy