HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Re entering a D grade.

so they keeping their C grade in ammos and a D grade in the Hills?

Think their C's will be evicted

they can't keep them in one of the ammo's C grade comps?

Thought their rules were concrete that you must field 2 teams. They had their 1 year grace period
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:19 pm

Blackwoods FB page suggests they have their C's in the SAAFL as per yesterday and their D's in Hills. Not a good look for div 3.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby cracka » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Re entering a D grade.

so they keeping their C grade in ammos and a D grade in the Hills?

Think their C's will be evicted

they can't keep them in one of the ammo's C grade comps?

Jim05 wrote:Thought their rules were concrete that you must field 2 teams. They had their 1 year grace period

There will be an outrage if they are forced out of a league. :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby batmanbegins » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:00 am

I feel sorry for S/C, Country footy is about giving towns and local communities the right and enjoyment to play footy for their local towns, I know id be mighty pissed off if i was them. I can understand that they struggled with numbers in their B's last year but let them show you a list of 50 players which shows they can meet the requirements of two teams and yes their B grade most likely wont be very good but i dont think thats the point of b grade country footy. Also you guys suggesting this is like the cally situation is wrong, Cally was losing by 300 POINTS A WEEK, S/C only lost around 6 games by 100 points last year while that is not good, I remember Bridgewater and Lobethal a few years ago in central div losing around the same amount of games by 100 as well and werent competitive. I get that the lack of juniors hurts S/C but 8 weeks before a season to kick them out is ridiculous and will just ruin them, I say give them one more chance as its arrogance to get rid of them after im sure they had done some recruiting for the current year which is now screwed. Also if you wanted juniors to still play at the same ground as your seniors just let hahndorf or blackwood come in as the 9th side in the junior grades and play as the S/C junior team (Obviously they wont play at sedan which means one week out of the year the juniors will play elsewhere) so when sedan play away hahndorf can just play as their junior side allowing the home team to still have all grades at the same ground.
I just believe country footy is about giving the town the utmost opportunity to survive and you will say C grade gives it that chance but they are going to lose a lot of players from this hurting more revenue for a small town. If the situation got be like cally then do this but not yet give them one more shot especially 8 weeks before the season is about to start.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:08 am

batmanbegins wrote:I feel sorry for S/C, Country footy is about giving towns and local communities the right and enjoyment to play footy for their local towns, I know id be mighty pissed off if i was them. I can understand that they struggled with numbers in their B's last year but let them show you a list of 50 players which shows they can meet the requirements of two teams and yes their B grade most likely wont be very good but i dont think thats the point of b grade country footy. Also you guys suggesting this is like the cally situation is wrong, Cally was losing by 300 POINTS A WEEK, S/C only lost around 6 games by 100 points last year while that is not good, I remember Bridgewater and Lobethal a few years ago in central div losing around the same amount of games by 100 as well and werent competitive. I get that the lack of juniors hurts S/C but 8 weeks before a season to kick them out is ridiculous and will just ruin them, I say give them one more chance as its arrogance to get rid of them after im sure they had done some recruiting for the current year which is now screwed. Also if you wanted juniors to still play at the same ground as your seniors just let hahndorf or blackwood come in as the 9th side in the junior grades and play as the S/C junior team (Obviously they wont play at sedan which means one week out of the year the juniors will play elsewhere) so when sedan play away hahndorf can just play as their junior side allowing the home team to still have all grades at the same ground.
I just believe country footy is about giving the town the utmost opportunity to survive and you will say C grade gives it that chance but they are going to lose a lot of players from this hurting more revenue for a small town. If the situation got be like cally then do this but not yet give them one more shot especially 8 weeks before the season is about to start.

I had wondered this myself, but thought it was so obvious i had assumed thats what was happening and that the other clubs wernt happy with that.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:19 am

batmanbegins wrote:Country footy is about giving towns and local communities the right and enjoyment to play footy for their local towns

No-one's arguing with your comment above, and we have a perfect example in the young men of the township of Milang who play in the HFL Div 3 and enjoy their footy, which is what the young men of Sedan can also do if they choose.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby cracka » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:21 am

daysofourlives wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:I feel sorry for S/C, Country footy is about giving towns and local communities the right and enjoyment to play footy for their local towns, I know id be mighty pissed off if i was them. I can understand that they struggled with numbers in their B's last year but let them show you a list of 50 players which shows they can meet the requirements of two teams and yes their B grade most likely wont be very good but i dont think thats the point of b grade country footy. Also you guys suggesting this is like the cally situation is wrong, Cally was losing by 300 POINTS A WEEK, S/C only lost around 6 games by 100 points last year while that is not good, I remember Bridgewater and Lobethal a few years ago in central div losing around the same amount of games by 100 as well and werent competitive. I get that the lack of juniors hurts S/C but 8 weeks before a season to kick them out is ridiculous and will just ruin them, I say give them one more chance as its arrogance to get rid of them after im sure they had done some recruiting for the current year which is now screwed. Also if you wanted juniors to still play at the same ground as your seniors just let hahndorf or blackwood come in as the 9th side in the junior grades and play as the S/C junior team (Obviously they wont play at sedan which means one week out of the year the juniors will play elsewhere) so when sedan play away hahndorf can just play as their junior side allowing the home team to still have all grades at the same ground.

I had wondered this myself, but thought it was so obvious i had assumed thats what was happening and that the other clubs wernt happy with that.

Most Div 2 clubs (and some div 1 clubs) don't want Hahndorf or Blackwood propping up the div 2 junior comp, they would prefer them just having one side so any excess players go to another club.
cracka
Veteran

Postby wazzal77 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:46 pm

is this really others view that clubs with more than one team should reduce? Is this a reason to remove sedan? I really hope not, freedom to choose for players and parents vital so we get more kids playing footy. And cudos to Nairne who have messaged me to invite me and my lad to come out with them, thanks!
Last edited by wazzal77 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby marbles » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:48 am

if blackwood are set to have a dgrade, why not field them in the ammos too? that way they stay with their cgrade and by having 2 teams the saafl allow them to affiliate and play in div 7

why would they wanna seperate their Ds from their Cs in the way its been mentioned?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:13 am

marbles wrote:if blackwood are set to have a dgrade, why not field them in the ammos too? that way they stay with their cgrade and by having 2 teams the saafl allow them to affiliate and play in div 7

why would they wanna seperate their Ds from their Cs in the way its been mentioned?

That's easy to explain. It's because the Blackwood Football Club are a member club of the HFL and should be supporting the HFL competitions.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby cracka » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:25 am

wazzal77 wrote:is this really others view that clubs with more than one team should reduce? Is this a reason to remove sedan? I really hope not, freedom to choose for players and parents vital so we get more kids playing footy. And cudos to Nairne who have messaged me to invite me and my lad to come out with them, thanks!

Yes, a lot of people want the bigger HFL clubs (Hahndorf, Mt barker, Mt lofty & Blackwood) to reduce the amount of junior sides they have. No this isn't the reason Sedan are being put in div 3. Nairne have a good junior program & good numbers (while not excessive) so should be a good fit for you, I hope you enjoy Hills footy as I do.
cracka
Veteran

Postby marbles » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:40 am

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
marbles wrote:if blackwood are set to have a dgrade, why not field them in the ammos too? that way they stay with their cgrade and by having 2 teams the saafl allow them to affiliate and play in div 7

That's easy to explain. It's because the Blackwood Football Club are a member club of the HFL and should be supporting the HFL competitions.

yes obvious answer but doesnt assist my ignorance

Blackwood field an AGrade in HFL div 1?
Blackwood field an BGrade in HFL div 2?

Blackwood are meant to field a Cgrade in HFL div 3, but the comp is flawed due to zero awards stats etc etc?

So blackwood instead put their CGrade into SAAFL to facilitate their boys properly in a comp that attends to player needs right?

Now blackwood want a DGrade?

So now blackwood want to still keep their Cgrade in SAAFL but put the Dgrade into the HFL crap Div 3? it doesnt make sense

where as the SAAFL are saying if any team doesnt field 2 sides, it will be denied affiliation
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:52 am

Sounds like Blackwood want the best of both worlds, surely they need to decide what comp they play in. FWIW they should be in the ammos, have been saying for many years they shouldnt be in the Hills league
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby cracka » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Jim05 wrote:Sounds like Blackwood want the best of both worlds, surely they need to decide what comp they play in. FWIW they should be in the ammos, have been saying for many years they shouldnt be in the Hills league

A lot of hills people have been saying that for years also. In Blackwoods defence I think they prefer the country football culture of having junior teams playing immediately before the senior teams at the same ground each week.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Dutchy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:03 pm

cracka wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Sounds like Blackwood want the best of both worlds, surely they need to decide what comp they play in. FWIW they should be in the ammos, have been saying for many years they shouldnt be in the Hills league

A lot of hills people have been saying that for years also. In Blackwoods defence I think they prefer the country football culture of having junior teams playing immediately before the senior teams at the same ground each week.

SFL would be the logical option then
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:
cracka wrote:

SFL would be the logical option then

SFL only caters for 3 senior teams
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:19 am

Interesting that Blackwood are turning away juniors cause they are full, neighbouring clubs are seeing an influx of kids cause of this.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:31 am

I hear things are not all Rosey at gumeracha with hardly any numbers on the track and it's only been the Imports there. Will they be sent to the c grade aswell
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby Alaska » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:29 am

Kick'n Back wrote:I hear things are not all Rosey at gumeracha with hardly any numbers on the track and it's only been the Imports there. Will they be sent to the c grade aswell

Based on the numbers I have seen there in 2012 and 2013 both on and off the field I would not be surprised.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:53 pm

Breaking news it sounds as though cambrai will be back in country div because the constitution states that all clubs must vote and a few didn't at the meeting. Also don't book any trial games the week before Easter because it sounds as though that is going to be the starting date for season now.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy