Port Adelaide 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Postby GWW » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:21 am

Media hype.

We arent a powerhouse, but our list in good shape to contend over next 5 or so years.

Hawthorn are the only current "powerhouse", thats who we aspire to be.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:18 am

You obviously haven't seen any Fox Footy links on Facebook ;) . The comments on there tell me from Port supporters that they're shaping one of the all time great dynasties.

I know its just banter and I think Port will do well. Some slip ups or injuries however these idiots will cop it :)
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:28 am

Why couldn't Champion Data just STFU?

Champion Data (CD) released their 2015 prospectus and have Port, Hawthorn and Sydney as the only sides with 16 players ranked "above average" for their position. Port have 4 "Elite" ranked, Boak, Gray, Westhoff and Wingard.

CD also noted that in 2014 they felt Port were set to be genuine contenders from 2016 on, they have noted "We need to revise that to 2015 on".

So, whilst CD are noting this of Port, many non-Port people would tend to agree that we are set up to be a genuine contender in the coming years.....BUT ( yes, it is a big but ) anything and everything can change in the blink of an eye.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7521 times
Been liked: 10826 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:43 am

Ports best is great to watch and I think its the best brand of footy in the comp. My questions about them aren't about tallent but about depth in kpp. Last year bar 3 weeks Port had an excellent run with keeping their key players on the park. Hawthorn, Sydney and especially Fremantle often had their sides crippled with injuries and still finished top 4. Freo didn't kick straight and paid the price but they are coming to the end.

Port do play a taxing brand of footy but if they get a similar run than last year with bigger bodies they will be top 2 imho which doesn't mean much...
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:43 am

Booney wrote:Why couldn't Champion Data just STFU?

Champion Data (CD) released their 2015 prospectus and have Port, Hawthorn and Sydney as the only sides with 16 players ranked "above average" for their position. Port have 4 "Elite" ranked, Boak, Gray, Westhoff and Wingard.

CD also noted that in 2014 they felt Port were set to be genuine contenders from 2016 on, they have noted "We need to revise that to 2015 on".

So, whilst CD are noting this of Port, many non-Port people would tend to agree that we are set up to be a genuine contender in the coming years.....BUT ( yes, it is a big but ) anything and everything can change in the blink of an eye.

C'mon Booney, dare to dream - it's like Hollywood itself, "You've got to have a dream"

As Port's biggest fan (Rowey) says - Get that lid off!!!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:48 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Ports best is great to watch and I think its the best brand of footy in the comp. My questions about them aren't about tallent but about depth in kpp. Last year bar 3 weeks Port had an excellent run with keeping their key players on the park. Hawthorn, Sydney and especially Fremantle often had their sides crippled with injuries and still finished top 4. Freo didn't kick straight and paid the price but they are coming to the end.

Port do play a taxing brand of footy but if they get a similar run than last year with bigger bodies they will be top 2 imho which doesn't mean much...

We finished 5th, a game behind 4th, so not much outside top 4.

The issue was clearly KPP depth and there's reason to think this will be different this year. With Ryder on board, Mason Shaw developing nicely with Mitch Harvey and Jarrad Redden back on the park we have more flexibility. The issue with losing Trengove last year was Lobbe was not able to drift back and fill the hole, he was rucking alone, and if we needed to Westhoff went back and left the front half depleted.

With Ryder in the side Lobbe can drift back, Westhoff can too and there'll be less impact on the front half keeping Schulz I50 as opposed to roaming the flanks playing as the link man.

One other who comes to mind is Monfries. His year was stop start and he can play that high-half forward role to link between mid and forward. If he has a solid year, that will help us no end.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:41 am

Interestingly the two players you mention to help you this year are the two that may get suspended.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2637 times
Been liked: 1865 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:06 pm

This is true.

I also think two young lads will make an impression this year, Karl Amon and Mitch Harvey. One fleet footed mid sized half back / half forward and one big lump of a lad.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:10 pm

Booney wrote:One other who comes to mind is Monfries.

Good call, and big addition IMHO. Obviously needs things to go his way with the current supplement drama and health, but think he's a vital cog for your mob and showed late in the season how much he'd been missed. Think Nathan Krakeour has a bit to offer too.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby GWW » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:22 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:You obviously haven't seen any Fox Footy links on Facebook ;) . The comments on there tell me from Port supporters that they're shaping one of the all time great dynasties.

I know its just banter and I think Port will do well. Some slip ups or injuries however these idiots will cop it :)

Facebook comments aren't really a reliable cross-section of supporters.
GWW

Postby valleys07 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:38 pm

Booney wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Ports best is great to watch and I think its the best brand of footy in the comp. My questions about them aren't about tallent but about depth in kpp. Last year bar 3 weeks Port had an excellent run with keeping their key players on the park. Hawthorn, Sydney and especially Fremantle often had their sides crippled with injuries and still finished top 4. Freo didn't kick straight and paid the price but they are coming to the end.

We finished 5th, a game behind 4th, so not much outside top 4.

The issue was clearly KPP depth and there's reason to think this will be different this year. With Ryder on board, Mason Shaw developing nicely with Mitch Harvey and Jarrad Redden back on the park we have more flexibility. The issue with losing Trengove last year was Lobbe was not able to drift back and fill the hole, he was rucking alone, and if we needed to Westhoff went back and left the front half depleted.

With Ryder in the side Lobbe can drift back, Westhoff can too and there'll be less impact on the front half keeping Schulz I50 as opposed to roaming the flanks playing as the link man.

One other who comes to mind is Monfries. His year was stop start and he can play that high-half forward role to link between mid and forward. If he has a solid year, that will help us no end.

Tom Clurey is another that is progressing towards becoming capable of playing that 3rd tall role should we lose either Trengove or Bob, and Hombsch is required to play on the 2nd tall.

Redden fit will also be able replacement should we be faced with Lobbe out injured and Ryder suspended.

Gussy is an important cog Boon, I agree. I strongly believe Karl Amon is now good enough to take over should Gus miss due to suspension.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Fluffbag » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:03 pm

If you can have more 4quarter games and some of the younger kids can have better games when the team needs a lift, the premiership there for the taking. Injuries and luck also play a part but you should be in the running for the next few years
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:43 pm

GWW wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:You obviously haven't seen any Fox Footy links on Facebook ;) . The comments on there tell me from Port supporters that they're shaping one of the all time great dynasties.

Facebook comments aren't really a reliable cross-section of supporters.

True. However many of their comments hold more esteem than some posted on here as they are posted by people who are not hiding their actual name, location and team supporting.

I love you all by the way.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Ah yes, the almighty Prospectus. The 2011 version predicted a massive slide for the Cats, we 'couldn't win it' they cried. Too old. Too old, too slow, too good more like. But Wingard elite...pffft. I reckon he was better in 2013 than 2014.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1704 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby GWW » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:05 am

He was considerably better in 2013.
GWW

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:14 am

Agreed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby carey » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:18 am

woodublieve12 wrote:this is certanily not port bashing but on the back of the advertiser it said something about port being a powerhouse. ZI'm not saying port won't be competitve this year and will certainly be around the mark but have port earned the name 'powerhouse'?

Again i'm certainly not having a crack at port. just interested to hear port supporters thoughts.

Regardless of what was in the article I'm in total disbelief and shock they couldn't get the Crows on the back yet again!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:15 am

carey wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:this is certanily not port bashing but on the back of the advertiser it said something about port being a powerhouse. ZI'm not saying port won't be competitve this year and will certainly be around the mark but have port earned the name 'powerhouse'?

Again i'm certainly not having a crack at port. just interested to hear port supporters thoughts.

Regardless of what was in the article I'm in total disbelief and shock they couldn't get the Crows on the back yet again!

ease up, for the last month its been nothing but a powervertiser, sp fufckin saickening
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2426 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:01 am

daysofourlives wrote:
carey wrote:

ease up, for the last month its been nothing but a powervertiser, sp fufckin saickening

You seem so upset there days you lost the ability to type towards the end [emoji6]
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:55 am

Interesting year for Port, tough draw, key injuries during preseason, more media focus and member expectations.

Im not convinced they will be contenders in 2015.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3580 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL