HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby running defender » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:51 pm

To all footy forum users, i would like to inform you that my name is not David Liston as i"am aware he is copping quite a bit of ,s##t over this with some clubs even ringing him over these posts, yes we are from the same great club and yes i played in the same position but i was a right footer and also retired 25yrs ago. So i will leave it at that. Any more signings, whats happening at Uraidla. Mt Barker, Onkas, pretty quite.
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:06 am

running defender wrote:To all footy forum users, i would like to inform you that my name is not David Liston as i"am aware he is copping quite a bit of ,s##t over this with some clubs even ringing him over these posts, yes we are from the same great club and yes i played in the same position but i was a right footer and also retired 25yrs ago. So i will leave it at that. Any more signings, whats happening at Uraidla. Mt Barker, Onkas, pretty quite.

ouch...always embarrassing when you get caught out as you have been. It was only a couple of weeks ago you were posting/bragging about playing in last years GF and kicking goals, now you're saying you've been retired for 25 years.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:34 am

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
running defender wrote:To all footy forum users, i would like to inform you that my name is not David Liston as i"am aware he is copping quite a bit of ,s##t over this with some clubs even ringing him over these posts, yes we are from the same great club and yes i played in the same position but i was a right footer and also retired 25yrs ago. So i will leave it at that. Any more signings, whats happening at Uraidla. Mt Barker, Onkas, pretty quite.

ouch...always embarrassing when you get caught out as you have been. It was only a couple of weeks ago you were posting/bragging about playing in last years GF and kicking goals, now you're saying you've been retired for 25 years.

whoops!
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby chopper7 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Hahaha oh you poor lost soul, please excuse me as I clean up my coffee I just spat out after reading this garbage!! Keep digging yourself further and further into that hole RD cause it is very entertaining.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Legs Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:42 am

Does anyone know when the draw comes out?

Understand the turmoil that has and is occurring (Sedan Cambrai) - but it's getting pretty late.

What is the hold up ?

Wasn't this and apps points allocation settled at the recent HFL meeting - and if not - why?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Legs Man wrote:Does anyone know when the draw comes out?

Understand the turmoil that has and is occurring (Sedan Cambrai) - but it's getting pretty late.

What is the hold up ?

Wasn't this and apps points allocation settled at the recent HFL meeting - and if not - why?

Draw is already out. Check with your president.
The hold up was because of your clubs court appeal, then Bridgewater wanting an 11 team comp had to be voted on.
APPS were done in December. Again check with your president.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:41 pm

cracka wrote:

What is the hold up ?

The hold up was because of your clubs court appeal, then Bridgewater wanting an 11 team comp had to be voted on.

Surely it would be beneficial to promote the draw to the public?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Legs Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:19 pm

cracka wrote:

What is the hold up ?

Thanks Cracka - just received it!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby running defender » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:24 am

I"m very sorry you spat out your gold and black coffee aunty chopper its a pitty you never choked just like your footy team.
APPS POINTS were done but we are still to get a decsion on ours because our points should not be taken over the 3 years with 2 been in country and 1 in central, 1 year in central 11 wins = 11 pts its pretty simple but the board have to think about it, once again a loosley worded law, if it is a law, who made up this 3 year average i can"t see it in the APPS RULES? Hope your coffee tastes better in the morning you should try cookie man in Mt Barker or the coffee on the run van they are usally spotted outside the HFL office most mornings you could catch up with all latest goss at footy central
running defender
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby The Sorce » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:03 am

No Update on the HFL page since 31st of Jan ... would be interesting to see the list of In's and Out's for each club or will we see an influx of clearances late in March/early April like last year.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... -0&a=CLEAR

I know this is legs Mans favourite topic, but has there been any significant improvements to clubs facilities over the summer break, and will we be more night games this year now with several clubs having lights that are up to standard for Night Games?
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Legs Man » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:48 am

The Sorce wrote:No Update on the HFL page since 31st of Jan ... would be interesting to see the list of In's and Out's for each club or will we see an influx of clearances late in March/early April like last year.

I know this is legs Mans favourite topic, but has there been any significant improvements to clubs facilities over the summer break, and will we be more night games this year now with several clubs having lights that are up to standard for Night Games?

Night matches are something that should be a highlight for Hills Footy.

Surely these will be programmed when the draw is printed (only seen a proposed draw)

We have invested in lights so lets maximise this!

TV would have spent on their facilities in the break as they obviously have substantial funds if the player spends I have heard are correct, (joke BTW e.g. tongue in cheek)
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Dutchy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Went past TV's ground about a month back and it actually is looking magnificent, July is another matter though I guess.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Dutchy wrote:Went past TV's ground about a month back and it actually is looking magnificent, July is another matter though I guess.

Wait til it snows there, some great slopes off the boundary by the change rooms or the grassy mound on the far side. :lol:

In case you are wondering it did happen back about 1978 I think, its great for turning your legs red sliding on the stuff :lol:
Last edited by Ye Olde Place Kick on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Legs Man » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:Went past TV's ground about a month back and it actually is looking magnificent, July is another matter though I guess.

Wow - have they got the grader out!
You should come up for a shower in July too.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (42.02 KiB) Viewed 4202 times
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Q. » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Pretty common problem with ovals in the Hills zone due to the high clay content of soils.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Kick'n Back » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Legs Man wrote:
The Sorce wrote:No Update on the HFL page since 31st of Jan ... would be interesting to see the list of In's and Out's for each club or will we see an influx of clearances late in March/early April like last year.

Surely these will be programmed when the draw is printed (only seen a proposed draw)

TV would have spent on their facilities in the break as they obviously have substantial funds if the player spends I have heard are correct, (joke BTW e.g. tongue in cheek)

You always sledge how bad ovals are legsman I play a final at your oval only 2 years ago and it was a total disgrace and don't blame how wet it was that week because other ovals in the hills were in not bad condition
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Postby R. White » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:52 am

Kick'n Back wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

You always sledge how bad ovals are legsman I play a final at your oval only 2 years ago and it was a total disgrace and don't blame how wet it was that week because other ovals in the hills were in not bad condition

Agreed. The last final at Echunga the oval was not in great condition. The reason for that there were some other grounds in better conditions is that they had a couple of weeks with no one running around on them.
In this particular case it was pouring all week and Echunga had 3 teams ripping up the track. Echungas ground is one of the best in the comp, was just an unlucky week. But who's fault is that? The hfl decides where the finals will be played and as shown from this years debacle, they don't give a rats ass about ground quality!
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby Legs Man » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:39 am

Kick'n Back wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Not sledging all the ovals - but certainly am making the point that facilities are as important when it comes to financial outlay as remuneration of players.
Hills ovals can get damn wet so drainage is essential - which we have had to invest in to address .( it took a couple of years to complete)
Continually upgrading your clubs infrastructure means you stay in front of the curve and give your own supporters and visiting teams the best experience.
It can be something you value as a club or a component you ignore and some clubs seem to take the latter approach.
Clubs run on very tight budgets so improving your facilities can be tough - but if you keep chipping away at it and keep it top of mind - you don't end up in a situation where the investment required is too much to handle.
There are some very good ovals in our competition which should be utilised to their maximum potential when it comes to staging "premium/blockbuster" games and finals - particularly scheduling night games and stand alone fixtures to showcase our competition.
Mt Barker v Hahndorf or Echunga v Uraidla on a Friday night under lights would be fantastic and something that should be implemented.
Attracting more people to Hills footy is the objective which in turn increases club revenue and hopefully introduces more participants to our great game.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby The Panther » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:14 am

Why are clubs ringing people from what is said on here. We all know that unfortunately some people get on here just to stir and entertain themselves.
Personally I don't like all the diatribe and would like people to just stick to the footy , but that isn't always the nature of this beast.

"Vaughan" springs to mind. That passionate Bridgewater Raider , who may very well have been a closet Mount Lofty Devil ?????
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:13 pm

R. White wrote:
Kick'n Back wrote:

Agreed. The last final at Echunga the oval was not in great condition. The reason for that there were some other grounds in better conditions is that they had a couple of weeks with no one running around on them.
In this particular case it was pouring all week and Echunga had 3 teams ripping up the track. Echungas ground is one of the best in the comp, was just an unlucky week. But who's fault is that? The hfl decides where the finals will be played and as shown from this years debacle, they don't give a rats ass about ground quality![/quote]

It's hard not to admire the hatred that you Echunga guys have towards the HFL board.

When they don't allocate you a final it's a HFL Board conspiracy against the EFC, and when they do give you a final and the Oval's not up to scratch, it's still the fault of the HFL. Good stuff.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy