ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby heater31 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Not sure the lads were that keen to spend a day in the field for no points on offer. I think fulham would've been happy to get the game handed to them on a platter.. In a game it happened last year I didnt notice until after tea on the second day but we had already lost that game on the first day so it wouldnt have mattered. Personally I dont think its a big deal if you play on different decks from week to week, the conditions change that much through the week its basically a fresh deck anyway.. The District Saturday/Sunday games would be the only time it mattered IMO. But those are the rules and we must cop the fall out

I tend to agree with you there. The pitch can vary just as much in a week.

But then again if you have identical conditions for pitch prep you can also have different outcomes on different strips in the square. It's about controlling the controllables. Not preparing a road on the best strip in the square then the next week using the low and slow strip.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:20 am

I agree with ya TC, I persoanlly dont think it would have made a difference, and had Fulham been happy to play on for points then our boys would have. But the rules are rules, and we have to abide by them and accept our error. I have played in many games where the deck is lively one week and flat as a tack the next, obviously it was the same deck used, with such varying conditions, even exact preparation methods can produce differing results, so im of the view that a forfeit is a harsh outcome, but again, its not like its a new rule that we were unaware of..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:29 am

Let not forget Fulham forfeited a final a few years ago because their automatic watering system was not changed.....
heater31

Postby OKC! » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:27 pm

heater31 wrote:Let not forget Fulham forfeited a final a few years ago because their automatic watering system was not changed.....

Must depend on which club you are. I remember Brahma getting away with a similar situation a couple of years ago. :shock: :D
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Trader wrote:Only concern would be that the oval dimensions have changed by 3 or 6m, but unless you are playing on a tiny oval, out our level that sort of difference is immaterial.

Whatever you gain on one side of the ground you'd lose on the other!
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:10 am

human_torpedo wrote:Supporters invaded in the ground? Haha what they couldnt tell the 7 people there to get off the ground so they could play the extra over? Wasnt it a bowl off anyway instead of the super over?

Is it true one player got a 6 match ban for head butting a spectator?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Trader » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Yeah, 6 matches, 2 of them suspended so he can play in the Grand Finals should they make it.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:59 pm

i always thought if you kicked stumps over because you cry over an appeal not going your way isnt that reportable ???? maybe the umpires need to taught how to umpire letting things go will only make it more acceptable
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Trader » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:i always thought if you kicked stumps over because you cry over an appeal not going your way isnt that reportable ???? maybe the umpires need to taught how to umpire letting things go will only make it more acceptable

Yes it is...

1. Level 1 Offences
The Offences set out at 1.1 to 1.5 below are Level 1 Offences. The range of penalties which shall be imposed for a Level 1 Offence is set out in Section 2 of this Code.
Players and, where applicable, officials must not:

1.1 Abuse cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings
Includes actions outside the course of normal cricket actions such as hitting or kicking the wickets and actions which intentionally or negligently result in damage to the advertising boards, boundary fences,

SECTION 2: PENALTIES
1. In the event the Commissioner decides that any person has breached any of Rules 1 – 4 (inclusive) of Section 1 of this Code of Behaviour, he will normally apply a penalty within the range of penalties for each level of offence set out in the table below. However, he may also apply any or all of the penalties set out in Rule 2 of this Section where circumstances require a greater penalty than the guideline (such as in the case of a player having been found guilty of previous offences, whether in this or other Competitions, or where the offence is particularly serious).
Level of Offence - Penalty Range
Level 1 - Official reprimand and/or a fine up to $500 and/or a ban of up to 2 Matches

It might be that the umpire will report the player at the end of the 2-day round???

Then again, wouldn't be the first time the Grange boys got away with it.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Trader wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:i always thought if you kicked stumps over because you cry over an appeal not going your way isnt that reportable ???? maybe the umpires need to taught how to umpire letting things go will only make it more acceptable

Yes it is...

1. Level 1 Offences
The Offences set out at 1.1 to 1.5 below are Level 1 Offences. The range of penalties which shall be imposed for a Level 1 Offence is set out in Section 2 of this Code.

1.1 Abuse cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings
Includes actions outside the course of normal cricket actions such as hitting or kicking the wickets and actions which intentionally or negligently result in damage to the advertising boards, boundary fences,

1. In the event the Commissioner decides that any person has breached any of Rules 1 – 4 (inclusive) of Section 1 of this Code of Behaviour, he will normally apply a penalty within the range of penalties for each level of offence set out in the table below. However, he may also apply any or all of the penalties set out in Rule 2 of this Section where circumstances require a greater penalty than the guideline (such as in the case of a player having been found guilty of previous offences, whether in this or other Competitions, or where the offence is particularly serious).
Level 1 - Official reprimand and/or a fine up to $500 and/or a ban of up to 2 Matches

It might be that the umpire will report the player at the end of the 2-day round???

Seen a former state cricketer smash his stumps with a bat after he was bowled. No report submitted.....
heater31

Postby dragonsphere » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:59 am

Trader wrote:

Yes it is...

1. Level 1 Offences

?????????
dragonsphere
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Border Downs-Tintinara

Postby Stumps » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:50 am

dont kick stumps. its not nice
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 45 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:13 am

Always makes me laugh when Michael Holding lectures on sportsmanship, particularly when this pic shows he was auditioning for a role as a VFL full forward by practising on cricket stumps.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:29 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Image

Always makes me laugh when Michael Holding lectures on sportsmanship, particularly when this pic shows he was auditioning for a role as a VFL full forward by practising on cricket stumps.

Ha ha...what a great photo. Was that the day at the SCG when the Aussie batsman broke his bat on one and was given not out. Michael Holding was crying like a baby. Great bowler to watch.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Freaky Tah » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 pm

I am a captain for my club in the ATCA LO6, by all reports from other clubs i have played in this grade, Modbury CC actually celebrate wins with team meetings in the middle afterwards and pop champagne, they sound like a bunch of wankers and i cant wait till our club gives them a lesson in how to play cricket
When it comes to winning you need the skill and the will
Freaky Tah
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:01 pm

Freaky Tah wrote:I am a captain for my club in the ATCA LO6, by all reports from other clubs i have played in this grade, Modbury CC actually celebrate wins with team meetings in the middle afterwards and pop champagne, they sound like a bunch of wankers and i cant wait till our club gives them a lesson in how to play cricket

Sounds like those Modbury boys have got you worried FT. Look forward to you telling us about how the lesson went.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Trader » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:50 pm

Don't worry, Modbury are 12 and 0 so have already popped the full dozen, no more champagne!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Freaky Tah wrote:I am a captain for my club in the ATCA LO6, by all reports from other clubs i have played in this grade, Modbury CC actually celebrate wins with team meetings in the middle afterwards and pop champagne, they sound like a bunch of wankers and i cant wait till our club gives them a lesson in how to play cricket

My team played them on the weekend and lost. I'll ask the lads if that occurred.

Who do you play for Freaky?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:29 pm

Being LO6, the champers should be commensurate with the level played, so I'm hoping it's Passion Pop.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:37 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Image

Ha ha...what a great photo. Was that the day at the SCG when the Aussie batsman broke his bat on one and was given not out. Michael Holding was crying like a baby. Great bowler to watch.

This was in New Zealand.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps