Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:17 pm

BigV wrote:Any Twowellians know if Lee has been training? Wouldnt mind coming out to see what's coming into fashion this season, any little throwovers that i should have my eye on.

Retro knits as well. :lol: #styleking
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Pine Warmer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:26 pm

footy trawler wrote:Steven Pollock to virginia - seriously over rated player, hope they didn't pay too much

60 sausage rolls in divvy 1 last year is a fair effort for a so called "overrated" player. A full forward line of nicklaus, pollock and andrew ross from wallaroo could get a bit crowded tho.
Pine Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Western Districts

Postby OnSong » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Few familiar faces in this ripper ad filmed at Mallala :lol:

OnSong
Coach

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Dr. Pink wrote:
Ace of Spades wrote:HWE high humidity training camp is going well swamp. Found a couple of new trainers for the club too, cant wait to tell Mouldsy

good news my friend. cant wait to meet them. maybe the boys will all run on the field with big smiles on there faces. :D

They might not leave the rooms
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Red Rocket » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:12 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Don’t quote this or hold this to myself, but talking to a certain Hamley person this morning at work in Hamley, Quote (I think we may be holding a special meeting soon to decide our future due too only 5/6 players attending training, coach not being happy) surely every club struggles for players at training this time of year, find this hard to believe but after recent events (no money from concert and hearing big money still to be paid) the league couldn’t afford Hamley leaving. Maybe someone from Hamley can enlighten the situation

Have noticed some more clearances from them today, another couple to the Barossa. Anyone know which club Appleton heading to?
Strangely I noticed Schahingers clearance has been cancelled, change of heart or just wanting to go to a differant club?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Johnny Bowla » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Don’t quote this or hold this to myself, but talking to a certain Hamley person this morning at work in Hamley, Quote (I think we may be holding a special meeting soon to decide our future due too only 5/6 players attending training, coach not being happy) surely every club struggles for players at training this time of year, find this hard to believe but after recent events (no money from concert and hearing big money still to be paid) the league couldn’t afford Hamley leaving. Maybe someone from Hamley can enlighten the situation

Have noticed some more clearances from them today, another couple to the Barossa. Anyone know which club Appleton heading to?
Strangely I noticed Schahingers clearance has been cancelled, change of heart or just wanting to go to a differant club?

He has signed with Barmera, in answer to the second question
Johnny Bowla
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Red Rocket wrote:

His photo was in the Riverland paper with his coach, former West Adelaide player, Dean Schumann in the past week as a confirmed Barmera-Monash signing.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Red Rocket » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks guys, just strange that yesterday his clearance was pending, today its listed as cancelled
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:43 pm

Red Rocket wrote:

Appleton coming back to South
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:

All jumping ship when things look tough. The ticker of these local Hamley lads is a shame. Hopefully the club doesn't also take the easy option.
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:34 pm

OnSong wrote:Few familiar faces in this ripper ad filmed at Mallala :lol:

Very good. Cutie pie.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Snags » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:16 am

BigV wrote:Any Twowellians know if Lee has been training? Wouldnt mind coming out to see what's coming into fashion this season, any little throwovers that i should have my eye on.

Overseas traveling at the moment. Heard he is gonna be sporting the old bowl cut and double denim!
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Woofa » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Snags wrote:
OnSong wrote:One big question is how United go with getting Jake Birchmore from Mallala.

Lodged the clearance for Matt, wondering if they've gone after the younger sibling or not.

I assume Ware, Thompson x2 and Holm are all 3pts, Birchmore would be the final link in the chain?

They want him, he wants to play with his brother, if mallala have to clear him (unsure of that rule) then he will be gone!

Clubs generally end up having to clear a player if he wants to play in another association (at last resort via tribunal), but there is no obligation to clear a player when shifting between clubs in the same league.

I think you will find that is not the case. Ive been told enquiries were made to the SANFL & the SACFL with regards to a Hamley premiership local heading to Balak. As long as the player has not signed a contract or owes the club any money, then a club cannot hold them. Its not ideal if a player wants to leave but what do you gain from holding someone that doesnt want to be there?
Woofa
Rookie

Been liked: 9 times

Postby Woofa » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:11 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:

All jumping ship when things look tough. The ticker of these local Hamley lads is a shame. Hopefully the club doesn't also take the easy option.

It is a bit concerning what may be happening at the Bridge. Not that we couldnt all see it coming. If you wanna blow all your money on a 3 yr premiership window, then you really need to hang around when things are tough. Otherwise they shouldve invested all that money on ensuring the club is around long term. They have a responsibility to the league they are playing in. This league cannot afford to lose a club!! To hear they may be having a meeting to decide their future is very disappointing....WTF Agree with Ace, where is the ticker???
Woofa
Rookie

Been liked: 9 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:24 am

Woofa wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Snags wrote:
They want him, he wants to play with his brother, if mallala have to clear him (unsure of that rule) then he will be gone!

Clubs generally end up having to clear a player if he wants to play in another association (at last resort via tribunal), but there is no obligation to clear a player when shifting between clubs in the same league.

I think you will find that is not the case. Ive been told enquiries were made to the SANFL & the SACFL with regards to a Hamley premiership local heading to Balak. As long as the player has not signed a contract or owes the club any money, then a club cannot hold them. Its not ideal if a player wants to leave but what do you gain from holding someone that doesnt want to be there?

Just to clarify, Tom Would played in Hamley's flag, was a Hamley junior, but has lived in Balaklava for three years and has married a Balaklava girl, who plays netball here.
He lives in Balaklava with his young family and wants to play in the town he lives in, rather than leave his missus and kid every Saturday.
I can understand Hamley would be reluctant to let him go, he's a good player but also a great club man. But his reasons are pretty understandable IMO.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:35 am

Ace of Spades wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:

A very similar scenario played out with their cricket club.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby RooShootOhh » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:08 am

Woofa wrote:It is a bit concerning what may be happening at the Bridge. Not that we couldnt all see it coming. If you wanna blow all your money on a 3 yr premiership window, then you really need to hang around when things are tough. Otherwise they shouldve invested all that money on ensuring the club is around long term. They have a responsibility to the league they are playing in. This league cannot afford to lose a club!! To hear they may be having a meeting to decide their future is very disappointing....WTF Agree with Ace, where is the ticker???

Interesting point you make, so what would be your suggestions (and please take this as a genuine question, Im not trying to take the piss)???

From what I understand they actually subsidized a lot of the fees for their juniors (from Auskick to Colts level). So what other ideas do you suggest the club do for long term sustainability.

Lets not forget their JC made the GF this year, so they have been putting work into their junior program. I heard they were strongly pushing for Joint Registration for juniors with the BLG but the BLG were not forthcoming.

The ground has come along in leaps and bounds over the last 5 years. They are in the process of trying to upgrade the Community Centre, but waiting on grants from the Gov can be tiresome.

The problem for Hamley is there is a huge gap in local players at the senior age bracket. You just can't make numbers appear from nowhere. Everyone had a crack at Hamley when the won how many wooden spoons on the trot, the club didn something about it, won a flag and still everyone wants to criticise. Everyone was happy to bag the president who tipped in money then seem awfully surprised when he leaves they wont have as much money around the club.

It seems they are an easy target for everyone to sit back and have a go at, but noone seems to offer any suggestions of how they improve.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Nighthawk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:35 am

RooShootOhh wrote:The problem for Hamley is there is a huge gap in local players at the senior age bracket. You just can't make numbers appear from nowhere. Everyone had a crack at Hamley when the won how many wooden spoons on the trot, the club didn something about it, won a flag and still everyone wants to criticise. Everyone was happy to bag the president who tipped in money then seem awfully surprised when he leaves they wont have as much money around the club.

It seems they are an easy target for everyone to sit back and have a go at, but noone seems to offer any suggestions of how they improve.

They were on the right path getting guys who hung around for a few yrs. It's ultimately the premiershp year's recruiting that could prove to be the downfall.
3 mercenaries in, get the choccies, 3 mercenaries out. Then as others move on through more natural movement, thats when it hurts.
I feel for blokes like Natty and Slok, lads who hang in their thru thick and thin. Wonder if they wld trade the flag from last year to be out of the predicament their beloved club is now in.
Nighthawk
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:36 am

You're saying you wouldn't have blokes like Stribling, Dowdell and Duncan if they were willing to play for your club?
OnSong
Coach

Postby RooShootOhh » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:45 am

Nighthawk wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:The problem for Hamley is there is a huge gap in local players at the senior age bracket. You just can't make numbers appear from nowhere. Everyone had a crack at Hamley when the won how many wooden spoons on the trot, the club didn something about it, won a flag and still everyone wants to criticise. Everyone was happy to bag the president who tipped in money then seem awfully surprised when he leaves they wont have as much money around the club.

They were on the right path getting guys who hung around for a few yrs. It's ultimately the premiershp year's recruiting that could prove to be the downfall.
3 mercenaries in, get the choccies, 3 mercenaries out. Then as others move on through more natural movement, thats when it hurts.
I feel for blokes like Natty and Slok, lads who hang in their thru thick and thin. Wonder if they wld trade the flag from last year to be out of the predicament their beloved club is now in.

They had 3 players in Taylor Greenwood and Haseldine as imports that left and replaced them with 3 more. I dont think it has effected them in one way shape of form to be truthful. Ive been told the club spent less in its premiership year than it did the year before...

And I don't think you will find too many how could argue that 3 players you mention were well worth it.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy