HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby R. White » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
R. White wrote:
Kick'n Back wrote:
TV would have spent on their facilities in the break as they obviously have substantial funds if the player spends I have heard are correct, (joke BTW e.g. tongue in cheek)

You always sledge how bad ovals are legsman I play a final at your oval only 2 years ago and it was a total disgrace and don't blame how wet it was that week because other ovals in the hills were in not bad condition

Agreed. The last final at Echunga the oval was not in great condition. The reason for that there were some other grounds in better conditions is that they had a couple of weeks with no one running around on them.
In this particular case it was pouring all week and Echunga had 3 teams ripping up the track. Echungas ground is one of the best in the comp, was just an unlucky week. But who's fault is that? The hfl decides where the finals will be played and as shown from this years debacle, they don't give a rats ass about ground quality!

It's hard not to admire the hatred that you Echunga guys have towards the HFL board.

When they don't allocate you a final it's a HFL Board conspiracy against the EFC, and when they do give you a final and the Oval's not up to scratch, it's still the fault of the HFL. Good stuff.[/quote]

No hatred from me, just a bit of frustration. The problem last year was that they allocated Echunga a final and took it away without replacing it. I believe there were still two finals being played that weekend so the fact that Echunga played that weekend shouldn't have mattered.
R. White
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Legs Man » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:11 pm

R. White wrote:
Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
R. White wrote:
Kick'n Back wrote:
TV would have spent on their facilities in the break as they obviously have substantial funds if the player spends I have heard are correct, (joke BTW e.g. tongue in cheek)

You always sledge how bad ovals are legsman I play a final at your oval only 2 years ago and it was a total disgrace and don't blame how wet it was that week because other ovals in the hills were in not bad condition

Agreed. The last final at Echunga the oval was not in great condition. The reason for that there were some other grounds in better conditions is that they had a couple of weeks with no one running around on them.
In this particular case it was pouring all week and Echunga had 3 teams ripping up the track. Echungas ground is one of the best in the comp, was just an unlucky week. But who's fault is that? The hfl decides where the finals will be played and as shown from this years debacle, they don't give a rats ass about ground quality!

It's hard not to admire the hatred that you Echunga guys have towards the HFL board.

When they don't allocate you a final it's a HFL Board conspiracy against the EFC, and when they do give you a final and the Oval's not up to scratch, it's still the fault of the HFL. Good stuff.

No hatred from me, just a bit of frustration. The problem last year was that they allocated Echunga a final and took it away without replacing it. I believe there were still two finals being played that weekend so the fact that Echunga played that weekend shouldn't have mattered.[/quote]

Where was Echunga's final re allocated to - and for what reason? - that should give you an insight.
And yes I am questioning the reasoning by the HFL and the way they implemented this decision.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:52 pm

FFS learn how to quote guys.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby always there » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:30 pm

I don't think the change of finals venue was directly aimed at echunga. The hfl panicked when Lobethal unexpectetly beat mt barker on the Saturday and hence had to play the on the next Saturday not on the Sunday as expected. So they swapped the Saturday and Sunday venues which then caused a chain reaction they couldn't fix.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Legs Man » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:30 pm

always there wrote:I don't think the change of finals venue was directly aimed at echunga. The hfl panicked when Lobethal unexpectetly beat mt barker on the Saturday and hence had to play the on the next Saturday not on the Sunday as expected. So they swapped the Saturday and Sunday venues which then caused a chain reaction they couldn't fix.

What - Loby beat Mt Barker - heaven forbid !!!
Quick check that our league is still intact.
Danger - Danger - Danger Will Robinson!
:roll:
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Justquietly » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:20 am

batmanbegins wrote:Should be a ripping competition this year with most teams improving, thought id do a review of each team to see how there lining up for the year, (bare in mind I dont know all ins and outs).

Echunga- My tip for the flag and to go back to back, highly talented and quick side plus the additions of guy, montgomery, wilson and as RD mentioned another midfielder they will be even better then last year. Going to be hard to beat and hopefully with those additions there B grade will improve, plus their juniors will continue to improve so hard to see a relegation battle this year.

Uraidla- Lost daniel ebert to kersbrook and vidic retired plus kluvanek to sturt but they still have a lot of class with ivens and delvins staying around so you can never rule them out. Also they have a lot of depth in their B grade which helps but i dont think their quick enough to keep up with the likes of echunga and lobethal now and will struggle to beat them but you never know what that grand final loss will do to a proud and highly competitive group. Cant wait for their first game against echunga this year will be a ripper!

Lobethal- Losing johnson hurts as he was a big key for them last year, Luccon will offset that loss if he decides to quit norwood and play for them. Either way though with baust returning they are my tip to play echunga in the GF as they are highly talented led by nitchske and the jenkin brothers. Im excited to see them play echunga also as there is plenty of bad blood between the two sides.

Mt Barker- Havent heard much out of the barker camp but its hard to imagine they havent been recruiting, to cover the loss of pope (out for most of the year with an ACL). Had a horrid run with injury last year with block, hughes and pope missing big chunks of the year, but with a fully fit side they are still one of the better sides in the comp and there is no doubt they will be up there again this year as they have a a lot of talented players.

Blackwood- Lost eagle, Karkouer and Ahmat-Watkins but have two big ins with Bricknell and Thompson. I can see them improving as there recruits are upgrades over last years especially bricknell who will be one of the best players in the comp, they also have so much depth with their b grade being miles better than any other B grade which helps offset injuries. I reckon another middle of the table finish for them though as they lack the class of the upper echelon of teams.

Ironbank- Kept Motlop and added Hitchcock and De Visser but lost Mcgahey who is an underated loss even though his football ability isnt what it once was, he added a lot of experience and composure to the midfield. In saying that though Hitchcock is a big pick up and will kick a lot of goals, giving more support to motlop which was lacked last year. Its about time they moved up from the constant 6-8 position and made a splash in the finals as they continuously under perform.

Torrens Valley- Gained Hanna from Gums and Boras from Broadview (I'd hate to see how much they paid Boras as that bloke asks for a lot of cash) but i believe they lost dale ellis and the Jordan Brothers. Keeping O'sullivan was key as once he arrived they improved significantly and were one of the better sides in the second half of the year. Boras will just take over Dale's spot and kick a lot of goals meaning they wont miss dale to much. Will be interesting to see if they play on the shit hole of an oval all year round also as that gave them a big advantage.

Onka Valley- Gained Grocke for the second half of the year and obviously Mcgahey will play as well as coach, not sure if they have lost any players but i reckon they will improve on last year as Mcgahey will get them super fit and even last year once they got all their players back from injury they improved significantly. Will be much better than last year but still middle of the road for mine.

Hahndorf- Gained hourigan and Wittwer whilst losing big Dan roberts with some older guys retiring. Will be better than last year as im assuming most of their players wont be travelling overseas again but hard to see them improving so much as to make the finals. They will just keep geting games into all their talented youngsters and will get better in the years to come. Hankin being back also helps and they will have a highly talented forward line but their lack of depth will hurt.

Mt Lofty- Lost Gordan and peterson-gray ( Hardly played last year tho) and have gained no one to my knowledge. If they havent gained anyone they will struggle as it will repeat of 2013 in central div where they just relied on miles, nielsen and burch. They have high class top end talent but there bottom few are weak and thats why they will struggle, also lack talls even though Oheril was really good last year and will be very important for them this year but need a few more Nielsens to be a genuine threat. I know people will say look at what echunga did last year but they had some high class talls in Carey, Edmonds and Cranna whilst added two guns in Lindsay and Aish, whereas lofty this year have lost players not gained any, so i find it hard to see them doing an Echunga of this year.

One of the best posts in a long time, great stuff, Batmanbegins!
As far as Lofty goes I think you're right on the money. I haven't heard anything re recruits & that is a concern. PG hardly played at all, that won't affect much but not adding depth will hurt.
Forgive my unwillingness to read back too far - Bridgey are to go down to Country?
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Alaska » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:25 pm

I do not blame you JQ, yes Bridgewater to Country 10 team comp
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Windbag » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:40 pm

From the outside it looks like Bridgwater/Callington have handled this relegation matter with some grace, just getting on with the business and rebuilding, internally they must be gutted. There are some genuine good blokes on their board and they have had quality junior players the last few years, I think they won a few mail medals there. I wonder what Vaughn would say, and I miss the Devils Advocate too.
Meanwhile I understand the HFL Board are being charged with us losing the submarine deal.
Windbag
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby running defender » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:55 pm

They should be charged with chaos cause thats all there doimg. I hope the aren't going to let them get away with this. Or they make it equal for everyteam and that means the whole club travels , not half here half there. What else is going on has Macntee being cleared, has Hahndorf picked up any Bridgewater players. Echunga v Mypo tigers on 28th of March @ Echunga.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby jumbo20 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:26 am

With respect apart from your club who really cares about an Echunga trial game?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby The Sorce » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:43 am

jumbo20 wrote:With respect apart from your club who really cares about an Echunga trial game?

With Respect do you actually know anything about football???? What club in central division would not want to know how the reigning premiers are traveling (E.g. New Recruits, Game Play etc.) wouldn't all clubs be jumping at the opportunity to see how the best play!!!!
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:03 am

The Sorce wrote:
jumbo20 wrote:With respect apart from your club who really cares about an Echunga trial game?

With Respect do you actually know anything about football???? What club in central division would not want to know how the reigning premiers are traveling (E.g. New Recruits, Game Play etc.) wouldn't all clubs be jumping at the opportunity to see how the best play!!!!

Jeez Sorce no need to attack jumbo, im pretty sure most teams would have trials on the 28th so nobody is going to be able to go watch the great echunga team play (not that anybody would apart from some coaches). It's great to see RD has stayed modest after his grand final win last year also, in saying that there are plenty of good people around echunga pity just a certain few give it a bad reputation.
Hows blackwood looking on the training track Jumbo?
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:47 pm

Went for a squizz at Tigers training on Wed, they look as fit and as hungry as I've seen. The year off from Darwin has allowed Tractor Jenkin to put in a proper pre-season and lose the dumpy arse he carried last year, could be an early MM tip?? Braydn Fisher was setting the pace, looks a handy addition along with Luccon and Papageorgiou who'll hopefully cover for a few losses.

Should be a hotly contested season again, no easy games.
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:10 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:Went for a squizz at Tigers training on Wed, they look as fit and as hungry as I've seen. The year off from Darwin has allowed Tractor Jenkin to put in a proper pre-season and lose the dumpy arse he carried last year, could be an early MM tip?? Braydn Fisher was setting the pace, looks a handy addition along with Luccon and Papageorgiou who'll hopefully cover for a few losses.

Should be a hotly contested season again, no easy games.

Good to hear Y & B, some nice additions there fisher will help skinner up forward, papageorgiou will shore up that defence and luccon will be a top line ruckman to help that already quality midfield. Tim would be a big chance for the MM top player and umps love him as well which always helps but i cant see Chad O'sullivan not being close to winning it playing a whole year, surely lindsay from echunga will get more votes this year as he was robbed of votes last year, bricknell from blackwood will also be a good chance as he was a high quality Sanfl player and hitchcock for us looks really strong and can imagine he would poll well. Also you cant forget miles from lofty hes a jet and apart from nielsen cant see anybody stealing votes from him.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby running defender » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:12 pm

You have all missed the MM all will be revealed in the next couple of weeks.
running defender
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby overthehill » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:00 am

Let me guess...... Derick Wanganeen
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby chopper7 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:27 pm

My tip for the MM is David Liston......
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:20 pm

running defender wrote:You have all missed the MM all will be revealed in the next couple of weeks.

Liam jurrah?
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Postby overthehill » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:54 am

So looking at the fixture i see its now Div 3 instead of C grade.
Also the other thing i notice is only 1 week of Sat/Sun finals for Div 1? This makes the finals series stretch over 5 weeks instead of 4. I guess this is the only way the HFL could stagger it to ensure Div 1 and Div 2 GF's don't fall on the same day as the Country Football League wouldn't allow Div 1 to have the bye on the weekend of the State Country Carnival. Pretty stupid if you ask me as it means the GF's are the 19th and 26th instead of the 12th and 19th
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Agree its a joke that the CFL is making it compulsory for leagues to have the Country champs weekend off. That means country div clubs have 4 weekends off this year.
They also need to change the country champs weekend to the middle weekend of the July school holidays as that's when most clubs juniors go away.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy