Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:56 am

Footy Chick wrote:What shits me today is arsehole greyhound trainers who use live animals as bait to train their dishlickers.

They should be strung by a rope and used as live bait to train lions.

I reckon we used to have a few trainers (or owners) on SAFooty at one stage - better not have been any of them.

Sadly it has been going on for decades, when I first saw they were doing a story on greyhounds I thought it was going to be about how many get destroyed everyday cause they don;t run fast enough. TBH I think that would be an even bigger story.

Back when I owned some dogs you would often hear about trainers giving their dog a "live kill" prior to a race to improve performance.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2321 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:00 am

this is only scratching the surface with the live kills unfortunately.

There are other horrifying practices that some trainers/owners/breeders undertake

Most trainers treat their dogs like kings. in fact one runner I part-owned slept inside the house. Unfortunately it never made it to the race track, but made a great pet.

The Industry cant afford to lay blame to the fact that these practices are happening in rural areas, that is irrelevant, they are licensed particpants and the Industry needs to be more proactive
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11837 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:12 am

JK wrote:Ticketek not coping with demand during a pre-sale. Oh well, got there eventually, bring on the Liverpool/AUFC game!! :)

Same, took 15 mins of the code not accepting but got there in the end, got ground level silver tickets right next to the gold section which were $100 more a ticket!

Still $370 for the family, add that to the Foo Fighter tickets and nearly $1k for 2 nights entertainment, better be good!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:15 am

Dutchy wrote:
JK wrote:Ticketek not coping with demand during a pre-sale. Oh well, got there eventually, bring on the Liverpool/AUFC game!! :)

Same, took 15 mins of the code not accepting but got there in the end, got ground level silver tickets right next to the gold section which were $100 more a ticket!

Still $370 for the family, add that to the Foo Fighter tickets and nearly $1k for 2 nights entertainment, better be good!

Did I hear right that Ticketek opened up earlier than they were supposed to? So the people logging on at 9am ( or whenever it was ) to purchase were already 30 minutes back in the queue?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7485 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby JK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:17 am

Dutchy wrote:

Nice get!! I chose Silver too, but the Seating Plan wasn't loading up so I couldn't choose which Silver Seats and am now stuck in the Riverbank stand. Thank God I have a KOP Ticket too!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:20 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Did I hear right that Ticketek opened up earlier than they were supposed to? So the people logging on at 9am ( or whenever it was ) to purchase were already 30 minutes back in the queue?

Think the times were right .. There was a pre-sale at 8:30 (our time) for LFC Australian members. Problem was the code required to access, wasn't actually required so apparently heaps more people got in on it and there were tickets up on eBay apparently whilst a lot of people were busily trying to buy from Ticketek.

I know they would hold tickets back for different stages of sale, but to have an LFC pre-sale, then the Ticketek pre-sale, then AO members pre-sale prior to the public sale would have meant many weren't left for the public.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:25 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Dunno but system was playing up when I got on there at 11am for the SACA presale.

@JK think we got very lucky, ground level but Row P so far enough back for a good view, positioned in 2 silver sections between Gold in the Eastern Stand and the KOP.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby heater31 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:47 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Dunno but system was playing up when I got on there at 11am for the SACA presale.

@JK think we got very lucky, ground level but Row P so far enough back for a good view, positioned in 2 silver sections between Gold in the Eastern Stand and the KOP.

What section Dutch? I'm row Q right next to the visitors AFL race which I think is Section 131.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:53 am

Yep Section 131 Row P, get yours thru the SACA presale? If so sounds like they reserved that whole section for us. Should be good right on the goal line I reckon
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby heater31 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:58 am

Dutchy wrote:Yep Section 131 Row P, get yours thru the SACA presale? If so sounds like they reserved that whole section for us. Should be good right on the goal line I reckon

I was ticketek. Didn't realise SACA had one on. Got timed out twice, 3rd time lucky.
heater31

Postby mickey » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:44 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Most trainers treat their dogs like kings. in fact one runner I part-owned slept inside the house. Unfortunately it never made it to the race track, but made a great pet.

Probably part of the reason it didnt get to the track
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Keefy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:00 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Think the times were right .. There was a pre-sale at 8:30 (our time) for LFC Australian members. Problem was the code required to access, wasn't actually required so apparently heaps more people got in on it and there were tickets up on eBay apparently whilst a lot of people were busily trying to buy from Ticketek.

I know they would hold tickets back for different stages of sale, but to have an LFC pre-sale, then the Ticketek pre-sale, then AO members pre-sale prior to the public sale would have meant many weren't left for the public.

I had no issues with it yesterday for the AUFC members pre-sale at 8:30. Logged on using the laptop and completed the transaction in 4 minutes.

Even today i helped a friend at work get them in the general public sale. Got them to log onto the app in my phone and they logged in on the PC. Got in quicker than they did. Transaction completed in less than 2 minutes
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Glen McGrath
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby southee » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:34 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Glen McGrath

x2

Coward ! :evil:
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:14 am

Against McGrath killing elephants but have no problem with hunting animals such as buffalo, deer or wild boars
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Psyber » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:29 pm

Jim05 wrote:Against McGrath killing elephants but have no problem with hunting animals such as buffalo, deer or wild boars

When I was in Kruger National Park in 2009, the Rangers there were discussing the fact that they may have to start culling elephants because they had more there than the park could handle. One of the problems is that elephants will tear trees out of the ground to eat the soft juicy roots and discard the rest. The result of this, if there are too many elephants, is that other more rare species may finish up starving due to the loss of fruit bearing trees and bushes.

There was some discussion going on, too, of the pros and cons of allowing private hunters to do the culling (under supervision) and thus at least make some money to support the park's other work.

The positive is extra funding, while the negative is the public outcry from people who don't understand the complexity of the situation.
Of course they are aware they'll get the outcry if they do the culling themselves too, unless they can keep it quiet.
All the parks face this dilemma as they just don't have enough land - and never will unless we cull people instead...

It is not as simple as it seems.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:29 am

We appreciate the apology from Glenn McGrath: Elephants’ relatives
Family and friends of the elephant shot by Glenn McGrath said they were ‘overwhelmed’ by the heartfelt apology the former cricketer tweeted.

“Obviously we were pretty upset at the time and it’s not something you ever forget, especially as an elephant,” a spokesman for the herd said.

“But going to the trouble of tweeting something makes up for a lot. It must have taken him a couple of minutes to do that.

“Of course, it would have been nice if the apology had come at the time, not just when Glenn was publicly exposed but what are you going to do?”

A relative of the hyenas also killed by McGrath said they were also saddened to hear Glenn was going through a difficult time when it happened.

“We feel a bit selfish now. Here we were, all upset because our loved ones had been shot for the pure fun of it and it turns out Glenn wasn’t having the best time either,” said a close relative.

“We note that Glenn has shown true remorse the minute it became embarrassing for him and threatened a heap of sponsorships he had.”

A friend of the defenseless buffalo Glenn shot for sport was less forgiving however.

“An apology is fine I guess, but wanting to shoot anything for pure fun in this day and age goes a bit to a person’s character.”

“I’m not sure an apology makes that all go away in an instant.”

Several other rare African species contacted said they hoped Glenn McGrath would stop shooting things.

Titus O'reily
Last edited by woodublieve12 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Bully » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:53 am

if its because they are a pest and destroying crops and nature and the governments agree to this then im ok with it.

When people abuse animals and kill them for fun then i despise this act
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:59 am

Yep context is what is required. If it was a government licenced event as part of a controlled numbers program then why not get people to pay for it instead of a single contractor?
heater31

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Psyber wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Against McGrath killing elephants but have no problem with hunting animals such as buffalo, deer or wild boars

When I was in Kruger National Park in 2009, the Rangers there were discussing the fact that they may have to start culling elephants because they had more there than the park could handle. One of the problems is that elephants will tear trees out of the ground to eat the soft juicy roots and discard the rest. The result of this, if there are too many elephants, is that other more rare species may finish up starving due to the loss of fruit bearing trees and bushes.

There was some discussion going on, too, of the pros and cons of allowing private hunters to do the culling (under supervision) and thus at least make some money to support the park's other work.

The positive is extra funding, while the negative is the public outcry from people who don't understand the complexity of the situation.
Of course they are aware they'll get the outcry if they do the culling themselves too, unless they can keep it quiet.
All the parks face this dilemma as they just don't have enough land - and never will unless we cull people instead...

It is not as simple as it seems.

I was there about this time last year, and I wish I had have bought a book that discussed how the plight of some species were taken up amongst the influential, especially abroad, and the amounts of money raised just for that species, whilst many others were endangered and how this might affect their plight and consequently the whole ecosystem.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion