Seaton Ramblers
5%
Salisbury West
4%

Total votes : 73

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Postby bandar » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:25 pm

Hardy Hit wrote:another week of preseason :(

Internal trial the most likely result HH?
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Buddys wife wrote:Cross glenunga of the list

Bugger, Glenunga seemed to be the only club willing to better themselves and aim as high as they could rather than what seems to be a race to the bottom to be the biggest fish in the smallest possible pond
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Hardy Hit » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:01 pm

bandar wrote:

yep, especially as it will be our 2nd weekend since our last trial match. More concerned about what this means for our Round 1 party!
Hardy Hit
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby bandar » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Hardy Hit wrote:
bandar wrote:

yep, especially as it will be our 2nd weekend since our last trial match. More concerned about what this means for our Round 1 party!

Probably have to run it over 2 weeks.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby easy TIGA » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:00 pm

jo172 wrote:

I admire how Salisbury West aren't playing the Kilburn/Brahma hypocrisy card and are admitting the true reason players left (being unpaid) rather than blaming "excessive payments elsewhere".

Admire? That's ridiculous. They started off with a side they thought couldn't win a flag and recruited half way through with absolutely no intention to pay full tote odds. Kilburn had paid best part of majority for their year and cut them the next as they knew it wasnt going to be viable. (not enough bar taking, sponsorship as they previously had) I don't see the similarities.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby easy TIGA » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:08 pm

If no amateur league club from 4, 5, or even 6 wants to be promoted all being by default then I think it goes to show where local footy really Stands. IMHO I believe there will be alot more clubs that will follow trends of the few clubs that have struggled recently, even those that don't pay. Having a bye in our amateurs top 3rd division is just that, amateurish.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Postby Q. » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:31 pm

easy TIGA wrote:If no amateur league club from 4, 5, or even 6 wants to be promoted all being by default then I think it goes to show where local footy really Stands. IMHO I believe there will be alot more clubs that will follow trends of the few clubs that have struggled recently, even those that don't pay. Having a bye in our amateurs top 3rd division is just that, amateurish.

Chicken Little much?

Why would a D5 or D6 club throw themselves to the wolves in D3? That smacks of poor decision making.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Buddys wife » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:25 pm

I don't understand why people hate having a bye so much
Buddys wife

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:51 am

Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby easy TIGA » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:54 am

Q. wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:If no amateur league club from 4, 5, or even 6 wants to be promoted all being by default then I think it goes to show where local footy really Stands. IMHO I believe there will be alot more clubs that will follow trends of the few clubs that have struggled recently, even those that don't pay. Having a bye in our amateurs top 3rd division is just that, amateurish.

Chicken Little much?

Why would a D5 or D6 club throw themselves to the wolves in D3? That smacks of poor decision making.

Yeh I'm not saying they should, but I'm guessing that most clubs don't have the stocks or resources to atleast think they might have a crack at it. My point is that below div 3, there are plenty of clubs that are struggling, both financially and finding players, including juniors. salisbury west is not going to be alone. There are plenty of reasons why clubs are struggling so much but imho I think the apps has made big clubs stronger and little battling clubs non existent.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Postby jo172 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:06 am

Presumably they'll get the one year grace period like everyone else has? (Kilburn, Mitchell Park etc.)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:35 am

correct. Wingies are seeking an official exemption from the rule, which needs to be voted on by clubs.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:35 am

Div 4 to div 3 is a fair jump. Seen many clubs stumble back to div 5/6 after snow balling from div 3.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:00 am

Footy Chick wrote:correct. Wingies are seeking an official exemption from the rule, which needs to be voted on by clubs.

Salisbury West shouldn't get a grace period, a grace period is a period after a due deadline during which an obligation may still be fulfilled without penalty, the grace period only applied to existing single team clubs.
Is there no rule that that says that clubs seeking affiliation must have 2 teams?

By the way, I don't agree that single team clubs shouldn't be allowed to affiliate but why have a rule if it isn't applied equally.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:17 am

How does that work, Mitchell Park and the Crabs only had one team each last year - this was their grace year and both will be fielding two this season.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:22 am

My understanding, the rule was introduced, clubs (MP, FU, Kilburn, Wingfield) had a grace period to meet the criteria of the rule. The grace period has expired all clubs must now adhere to the rule, just like any other rule.

Speaking of rules, are clubs no longer allowed to wear white shorts at home games?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Fricky » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:29 am

[quote="Mr Beefy"]My understanding, the rule was introduced, clubs (MP, FU, Kilburn, Wingfield) had a grace period to meet the criteria of the rule. The grace period has expired all clubs must now adhere to the rule, just like any other rule.

Speaking of rules, are clubs no longer allowed to wear white shorts at home games?[/quote]

That's what I've heard Mr B. College sides will have to buy two sets of shorts for the first time in a long time.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Jetters » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:37 am

easy TIGA wrote:
Q. wrote:

Chicken Little much?

Yeh I'm not saying they should, but I'm guessing that most clubs don't have the stocks or resources to atleast think they might have a crack at it. My point is that below div 3, there are plenty of clubs that are struggling, both financially and finding players, including juniors. salisbury west is not going to be alone. There are plenty of reasons why clubs are struggling so much but imho I think the apps has made big clubs stronger and little battling clubs non existent.

How has the apps made big clubs stronger and battling clubs weaker?
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:58 am

Mr Beefy wrote:My understanding, the rule was introduced, clubs (MP, FU, Kilburn, Wingfield) had a grace period to meet the criteria of the rule. The grace period has expired all clubs must now adhere to the rule, just like any other rule.

Speaking of rules, are clubs no longer allowed to wear white shorts at home games?

No, the rule is that any club can revert to one team for a grace period of one year. They then must produce two teams to remain affiliated.

correct. I reckon that's a bit unfair. It's not college clubs fault that the rest of you dumasses can't figure it out...but that's just my $0.02.

Footy Chick

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:59 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:My understanding, the rule was introduced, clubs (MP, FU, Kilburn, Wingfield) had a grace period to meet the criteria of the rule. The grace period has expired all clubs must now adhere to the rule, just like any other rule.

No, the rule is that any club can revert to one team for a grace period of one year. They then must produce two teams to remain affiliated.

correct. I reckon that's a bit unfair. It's not college clubs fault that the rest of you dumasses can't figure it out...but that's just my $0.02.

Why is it that only college clubs got to have only one colour?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League