HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Know that Gums lost a couple of imports from last year, Levy for one I believe.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:22 pm

cracka wrote:
Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
saintal wrote:
cracka wrote:A lot of Lenswood locals moved to either Lobethal or Onkas back when they merged with Ashton to form Eastern Rangers. Then when ER merged with Uraidla pretty much no locals ended up at Uraidla.

Correct. Always interesting speaking to a few guys who were involved in the formation of ER and getting their perspective on it.

Hey Saintal can you give some more details on the various perspectives, would like to hear more.
Also can any one give their or others perspectives on the Bridgewater/Callington formation?
Even the Pleasant Valley/ Mt Torrens or earlier yet the old Mt Torrens/Sedan Cambrai.
Not trying to stir any shit, just interested in any history regards footy in the Hills.

Have you got copies of Peter Lines' books. Absolutely brilliant.
Encyclopedia Of South Australian Country Football Clubs
South Australian Country Football Digest
The History Of Football In The East Murray District
These inspired me to look into the history of football in the Adelaide Hills with a view to writing similar but the amount of research is almost a full time job & I ran out of time in my holidays. Makes me appreciate his work even more.
http://www.safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16853

Yes got the first two of Peter's books you listed. They are very good but with a few mistakes I picked up and told him plus gave him a lead to expand his work. He was very happy to hear. Bit like yourself have been going thro a lot of the old couriers and trove finding plenty of info. Might have to start a Hills Footy history thread for people to recount any info on clubs and stories from back in the day.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby cossi11 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:A couple of South Gawler lads gone up to Birdwood, both played A grade during last year

Yep and both are fitting in extremely well since their arrival.. Will be very handy additions to the developing side out at Birdwood.. And if injuries stay away I would expect Birdwood to be much more competitive than they were last season, finals is the target..

I don't know what to expect from Bridgewater but I would expect Nairne and Kersbrook to be around the mark again..
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Legs Man » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:52 am

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Thanks Cracka
So if the clubs didn't vote this in how can it be occurring when the clubs make the decision?
Shouldn't another vote be taken with all clubs required to vote due to the anomaly regarding the previous vote taken then made void.
If the clubs weren't aware of the "abstain" ramifications - which we all weren't - doesn't this make the total vote previously null and void.
A new vote seems the most logical solution allowing any grievances to be resolved.

I'm the one that rambles on about the clubs run the league but this has me confused as well.

OK - so if what The Mt Barker Courier has reported in today's edition is correct:
The HFL board will make decisions without a vote from the clubs that directly affects the clubs and makeup of the competition - regardless of how the clubs have previously voted. ( also noting this is in direct opposition to the vote taken previously )
The HFL board and it's Directors now make decisions at their discretion and how THEY see fit.

Am I not getting something here or does this directly fly in the face of everything the President conveyed when speaking about how decisions are made in hills football to both the media and the clubs?
Surely they can't have it both ways and it again reinforces what I have previously posted regarding the farcical and belligerent attitude the HFL and it's Directors take when governing our competition.
And - yes I am going to be critical of the HFL when they continue to act in a manner detrimental to hills footy.

If what I have stated in this post is incorrect please correct me as I am happy to be proven wrong...
Last edited by Legs Man on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Toto » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:32 am

batmanbegins wrote:
Toto wrote:Nairne were quite a young side last year, have some very good local players as well as some good imports this year! I think they are a good chance.
Kersbrook are always there abouts, maccy have some very quality players but lack the depth of the top sides. Will be interesting to see if Bridgewater lose players because of being dropped.

Bridgey were pretty strong last year in central were much stronger than lofty where when they got relegated, although lofty added a few last year in country. Hopefully there good young players have stayed and if barber gets back on the field after a few horrid years with injury they will be even stronger as hes their most important player in my opinion.
Nairne will be good again, is Harrowfield staying or going back to imps?
Kerbrook picked up 3 handy players and will be improved, also hopefully laube is back playing again and has an injury free year.
Maccy have lost big brad smith i believe and belfield but im sure they have picked up a few.
Meadows havent heard of any pick ups or losses but surely they will be better than last year have a bit of talent just seem a bit lazy.
Gums may be in trouble if hanna has left as im sure some other locals may leave but im sure they would of picked up a few recruits just dont know if they will be any good.
Kangys who knows what they have done but they have some good young talent just need to add some class to the group, will be interesting if wakefield and thorpe continue after helping them significantly in the second half of the year with some experience.
Sedan/cambrai would have done some recruiting and hopefully it makes them very competitive and we dont see them drop off like they did last year.

Mount Lofty were a much stronger side last year than what they were when in Central by their own admission! I don't think Bridgewater will dominate like Lofty did, but they will still be around the mark. Bit of a gap between the top 3 sides and the rest.
Harrowfield has gone back to Imps, but i have heard through quite a reliable source they have picked up 2 very good key forwards and quite a few 0 pointers. Plus the two Rupcic boys spend another year at senior level, I think the younger one(can't pronounce his name) is one of the better midfielders in the league!

Kersbrook are always up there, there foot skills are elite. Just struggle a bit for pace come the end of the year.
Meadows could be a lot better if they played as well away as they do at the kennel. Very different side at home!
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby carey » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm hearing Gums have signed 3 from Eastern Park in a package deal....
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:53 pm

Legs Man wrote:
cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Thanks Cracka
So if the clubs didn't vote this in how can it be occurring when the clubs make the decision?
Shouldn't another vote be taken with all clubs required to vote due to the anomaly regarding the previous vote taken then made void.
If the clubs weren't aware of the "abstain" ramifications - which we all weren't - doesn't this make the total vote previously null and void.
A new vote seems the most logical solution allowing any grievances to be resolved.

I'm the one that rambles on about the clubs run the league but this has me confused as well.

OK - so if what The Mt Barker Courier has reported in today's edition is correct:
The HFL board will make decisions without a vote from the clubs that directly affects the clubs and makeup of the competition - regardless of how the clubs have previously voted. ( also noting this is in direct opposition to the vote taken previously )
The HFL board and it's Directors now make decisions at their discretion and how THEY see fit.

Am I not getting something here or does this directly fly in the face of everything the President conveyed when speaking about how decisions are made in hills football to both the media and the clubs?
Surely they can't have it both ways and it again reinforces what I have previously posted regarding the farcical and belligerent attitude the HFL and it's Directors take when governing our competition.
And - yes I am going to be critical of the HFL when they continue to act in a manner detrimental to hills footy.

If what I have stated in this post is incorrect please correct me as I am happy to be proven wrong...

Cant argue with anything you have said here.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby shoe boy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:21 am

My mail Macasfield and Kangarilla paying big bucks for average footballers?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby doubletrouble » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:35 am

carey wrote:I'm hearing Gums have signed 3 from Eastern Park in a package deal....

Gums bringing Back the biff
doubletrouble
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby M-train » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:41 am

Hello all, just after some info on trial games...? Meadows has one on the 28th of March against kangarilla.
M-train
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby ROOBOY18 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:48 pm

carey wrote:I'm hearing Gums have signed 3 from Eastern Park in a package deal....

Im hearing more than 3 on their way up there ;)
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:16 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:

Im hearing more than 3 on their way up there ;)

Hey Rooboy notice your team is BSR. Whats the odds of them reforming for future seasons? Could they put a team in the Hills C grade? Or could they amalgamate with S/C to form a club suitable for the Country Div?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Undercover agent » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:17 pm

Gums have picked up at least 4 from epfc 3 of which were very average b graders in division 4
Undercover agent

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Undercover agent wrote:Gums have picked up at least 4 from epfc 3 of which were very average b graders in division 4

I'll take your word for that, however there's one who is a very good footballer who kicked 70 goals in A grade last year, so cant be a slouch.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby cossi11 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Undercover agent wrote:Gums have picked up at least 4 from epfc 3 of which were very average b graders in division 4

The names I have heard Gums have picked up will go alright and should play A grade I think.
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby cossi11 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:10 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:

I'll take your word for that, however there's one who is a very good footballer who kicked 70 goals in A grade last year, so cant be a slouch.

Yes is a handy pick up for Gum and a very decent footballer... Is very quick and has great skills so you will see him sell plenty of candy this year.
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby Undercover agent » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Agreed .mansell is definitely the best of the 4 I know of . Very clever round goals not a big fan of hand balling or sharing the footy though
Undercover agent

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Toto » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:21 pm

M-train wrote:Hello all, just after some info on trial games...? Meadows has one on the 28th of March against kangarilla.

Why would you play someone from your own league in a trial game??

I think Nairne have a whole club trial against Mount Barker on the 15th of March.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby M-train » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:47 pm

They have the senior football season launch that night, I guess with a majority of locals playing it made sense to go 10km down the hill.

I know it's only a trial but who would you back to win nairne v mt barker?
M-train
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby Toto » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 pm

Mount Barker. Even if Nairne had a full side, which they won't with their cricket club being so successful come finals time.

I did see them play Kersbrook at mount lofty in the first final last year and they were very impressive! Young side too
Toto
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy