SANFL Club Finances

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Why not combine the 2 ala Glenelg last season. .. Lokan did such a good job he's doing the League gig this year ...
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Wedgie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:28 pm

Not sure if its been mentioned but a few things out of North's AGM last night:
New AO deal shouldn't reduce the SANFL's income, just empower the AFL clubs to get off their arses and do a bit more to earn money.
SANFL clubs to receive lump sums over the next 5 years from the Footy Pk redevelopment.
Home match staff (gate keepers, security, scoreboard, etc) are now going to be employed by the clubs not the SANFL.
The SANFL to spend more time actually worrying about the SANFL instead of the AFL.
10 mill paid back to the AFL which the AFL didn't like as it meant they lost quite a bit of power over the SANFL.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:11 pm

Wedgie wrote:Not sure if its been mentioned but a few things out of North's AGM last night:
New AO deal shouldn't reduce the SANFL's income, just empower the AFL clubs to get off their arses and do a bit more to earn money.
SANFL clubs to receive lump sums over the next 5 years from the Footy Pk redevelopment.
Home match staff (gate keepers, security, scoreboard, etc) are now going to be employed by the clubs not the SANFL.
The SANFL to spend more time actually worrying about the SANFL instead of the AFL.
10 mill paid back to the AFL which the AFL didn't like as it meant they lost quite a bit of power over the SANFL.

Firstly in what way are they going to spend more time on the SANFL ?

And gatekeepers , security etc is just adding to SANFL clubs costs surely ? How will that work anyway. Clubs will reduce security as it's costly and creativity will be used if they are employing or using volunteer gate staff .
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Not sure if its been mentioned but a few things out of North's AGM last night:

And gatekeepers , security etc is just adding to SANFL clubs costs surely ? How will that work anyway. Clubs will reduce security as it's costly and creativity will be used if they are employing or using volunteer gate staff .

Dunno but the clubs will get more from the gate, so more incentive to get non ticket holders in.
No Weslo would do a better job than Weslo for a cost of $0. ;)
Clubs just have more control and probably won't be worse off, unknown at this stage though.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby stan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Dunno but the clubs will get more from the gate, so more incentive to get non ticket holders in.
No Weslo would do a better job than Weslo for a cost of $0. ;)
Clubs just have more control and probably won't be worse off, unknown at this stage though.

If the clubs get more of the gate then that sure would make clubs work to get people in.

Interesting times ahead but hopefully it works out well.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:32 pm

Clubs need members ??? Need to know more information but it smells a bit.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby RB » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:55 pm

Wedgie wrote:The SANFL to spend more time actually worrying about the SANFL instead of the AFL.

Anything would be an improvement on nothing.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby stan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Clubs need members ??? Need to know more information but it smells a bit.

Yep and people through the gates on game day.
stan
Coach

Postby TimmiesChin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:10 am

Wedgie wrote:New AO deal shouldn't reduce the SANFL's income, just empower the AFL clubs to get off their arses and do a bit more to earn money.

Possibly the funniest thing I've read on the interweb this year.
Grow the pie hey.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:12 am

TimmiesChin wrote:
Wedgie wrote:New AO deal shouldn't reduce the SANFL's income, just empower the AFL clubs to get off their arses and do a bit more to earn money.

Grow the pie hey.

I was just passing on the info, but I agree its hilarious thinking Port might get off their arse and stop being a charity case, I think we all know that would never happen from past experience.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby stan » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:22 pm

Wedgie wrote:
TimmiesChin wrote:

Grow the pie hey.

I was just passing on the info, but I agree its hilarious thinking Port might get off their arse and stop being a charity case, I think we all know that would never happen from past experience.

They'll probably just break into some places and sell goods at cashies to increase revenue [emoji6]
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:54 pm

stan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
TimmiesChin wrote:

Grow the pie hey.

They'll probably just break into some places and sell goods at cashies to increase revenue [emoji6]

It's as good a plan as any.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL