Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Postby Useless » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:13 am

daysofourlives wrote:It is what it is, Did hear a rumour that the because of all the heat rules across all sorts of sports on Saturdays that the BOM add 2 degrees to their forecast's to cover their ass when its going to be a hottish day. That would explain why it just seems to be saturdays that have the 40's. Maybe we need to outsmart them and raise our cut off temp to 42?

this is one of the silliest things you have ever written days.
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:33 am

Useless wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:It is what it is, Did hear a rumour that the because of all the heat rules across all sorts of sports on Saturdays that the BOM add 2 degrees to their forecast's to cover their ass when its going to be a hottish day. That would explain why it just seems to be saturdays that have the 40's. Maybe we need to outsmart them and raise our cut off temp to 42?

You dont think the BOM covers their own ass? What if they forecast 39, the temp rises to 41 and someone gets seriously injured or worse because of it. Its the world we live in these days.

Anyway a move back to Nuri temps would be a good start for a Barossa and Light based comp
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Useless » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:09 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Useless wrote:

You dont think the BOM covers their own ass? What if they forecast 39, the temp rises to 41 and someone gets seriously injured or worse because of it. Its the world we live in these days.

Anyway a move back to Nuri temps would be a good start for a Barossa and Light based comp

As long we go by one temp for the whole comp then i dont really care. as is said early havnt been to many occasions lately (besides the other week) where it hasnt been 40 across the board. Although i would like it to stay how it is, but cant see it happening.

When you write your amended to the constitution to the AGM days can you put in there BOM website 5pm.

I think the BOM being a government run organisation would report there information accurately no matter what. But i dont think this is the place to be discussing politics to much. I didnt see the weather sat night to see what they said the temp was but i reckon she was pretty close to spot on. It was as hot as balls saturday.
Useless

Postby Extractor » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:05 am

There has been a fair bit of discussion on here and also at the junior meeting last night about reviewing the heat policy in the BLCA and I had noticed that a lot of the discussion has been anecdotal with people saying stuff like "its always hotter here" but not backing it up with facts.

I had a few spare minutes at work and was able to get some information off the BOM website and thought it would be a good idea to compare the Elizabeth and Nuri temps so we can see what we are actually dealing with. The attachment is a comparison of daily recorded maximum temperatures at Nuri and Elizabeth from Jan 2014 to present.

It does look as though Elizabeth tends to be slightly warmer than Nuri, especially when the temperature gets up towards 40 degrees.

If people think this sort of thing is useful maybe we could get this data for Roseworthy as well and may be the forecast information as well to compare?

If we are going to review the rule then we should do it properly and look at the facts!

Temperatures.pdf
(41.15 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Extractor
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Rabish Binney » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:35 am

Extractor wrote:There has been a fair bit of discussion on here and also at the junior meeting last night about reviewing the heat policy in the BLCA and I had noticed that a lot of the discussion has been anecdotal with people saying stuff like "its always hotter here" but not backing it up with facts.

I had a few spare minutes at work and was able to get some information off the BOM website and thought it would be a good idea to compare the Elizabeth and Nuri temps so we can see what we are actually dealing with. The attachment is a comparison of daily recorded maximum temperatures at Nuri and Elizabeth from Jan 2014 to present.

It does look as though Elizabeth tends to be slightly warmer than Nuri, especially when the temperature gets up towards 40 degrees.

If people think this sort of thing is useful maybe we could get this data for Roseworthy as well and may be the forecast information as well to compare?

If we are going to review the rule then we should do it properly and look at the facts!

Temperatures.pdf

As usual, Extractor is on the ball with thorough analysis & research.

Maybe there's a higher calling for him in future life (a Minister in a future federal Government perhaps?).
Rabish Binney
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:54 am

Extractor is already wasting taxpayers money with this 'Research', a step into politics is the only logical option right?
Unless the professional quiz night circuit becomes a lucrative option!
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Red Rocket » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Touch and go this weekend looking at the forecast
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Red Rocket » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Extractor wrote:There has been a fair bit of discussion on here and also at the junior meeting last night about reviewing the heat policy in the BLCA and I had noticed that a lot of the discussion has been anecdotal with people saying stuff like "its always hotter here" but not backing it up with facts.

Temperatures.pdf

Would love to see what the actual temp is at 11am.
Would think starting at 8 and finishing by 11 at colts they would avoid most of the heat.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:51 pm

BOM currently has it at 41 Saturday
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:11 pm

this is our president ladies and gentlemen.

So have you gone back and checked saturday temperatures vs forecasts and compared them?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:56 am

bennymacca wrote:

So have you gone back and checked saturday temperatures vs forecasts and compared them?

Showing your outstanding knowledge again DH.
No havnt checked that, leave that for nerds like yourself.

Temp cut off should be 42 if we are going to persist with Elizabeth forecast or 40 for Nuri. Its a summer sport ffs.
Or current rule for A2 and lower and higher cut off for A1/Res.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby scud » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:40 am

bennymacca wrote:

President??

I think The only thing Days is the president of these days is the "I hate bennymacca club"
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:12 am

My bad, should have known he wasn't capable of something like that.

And lol at calling someone a nerd like we are in high school.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby jakovasaurus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:23 am

Everybody love everybody.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby Useless » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:27 am

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Showing your outstanding knowledge again DH.
No havnt checked that, leave that for nerds like yourself.

Temp cut off should be 42 if we are going to persist with Elizabeth forecast or 40 for Nuri. Its a summer sport ffs.
Or current rule for A2 and lower and higher cut off for A1/Res.

i think surely we can stop whining about it, cause we cant bloody change it this time of year.

I like it how it is cause i dont like it being hot as balls.
Useless

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:34 am

Nobody does.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:20 am

Initially I thought this was absolutely ludicrous and then last night during the news, they did mention how it has affected local sports, it did get the noggin ticking.

I wonder what the Thursday vs Friday predictions have been and then compared to actual temp.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby happyhawk » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:44 pm

i think surely we can stop whining about it, cause we cant bloody change it this time of year.

I like it how it is cause i dont like it being hot as balls.[/quote]

I agree, although it isnt helping our chances of avoiding relegation!!

On a side note it sounds as if the club will be putting a turf deck in at Saddleworth within the next 18 months. With no footy there it is the logical option.
happyhawk
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby The Angry Bull » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:54 pm

I agree, although it isnt helping our chances of avoiding relegation!!

On a side note it sounds as if the club will be putting a turf deck in at Saddleworth within the next 18 months. With no footy there it is the logical option.[/quote]

who will be looking after it? Noursey?... give him something else to whinge about no one helping him with I'm guessing.
I'd be concerned that without the proper maintenance it could quite easily be the worst deck in the comp. it doesn't seem to be an oval that could/would support a turf deck. I love the place but it makes Eudunda look like a decent ground FFS.
In saying this i'd love to be proven wrong and next time i'm back i'm watch Matt Norman bring up the first 100 on the new deck in an innings+ win :)
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby happyhawk » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:56 pm

You could be right AB. Dick Mac is the one pushing the motion which is a concern considering he couldn't be trusted to feed your dog while your on holidays. It's only early stages but a roster system would be set up with your man noursey to oversee the show. Although our cricket club is a shambles it's probably something that will get everyone s act together and hopefully create some interest in the district. could even be the key in luring the great Rocky Hutton back to the bulls. As for runs on the turf wicket we would be happy to make a hundred as team the way we are going, and the form normy is in you might have to watch every game for the season to see him make an aggregate 100 Although I'm having a worse season than he is. We need you back dominating like you were several years ago AB. It was always a pleasure to bat with you!
happyhawk
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps