Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Postby The Angry Bull » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:09 pm

happyhawk wrote:You could be right AB. Dick Mac is the one pushing the motion which is a concern considering he couldn't be trusted to feed your dog while your on holidays. It's only early stages but a roster system would be set up with your man noursey to oversee the show. Although our cricket club is a shambles it's probably something that will get everyone s act together and hopefully create some interest in the district. could even be the key in luring the great Rocky Hutton back to the bulls. As for runs on the turf wicket we would be happy to make a hundred as team the way we are going, and the form normy is in you might have to watch every game for the season to see him make an aggregate 100 Although I'm having a worse season than he is. We need you back dominating like you were several years ago AB. It was always a pleasure to bat with you!

The only thing I offered the might that is the GVCC, along with the great man rocky, was increased bar and bbq takings. Still display my BLCA premiership medal proudly though!!! Dick Mac and Noursey have never seen eye to eye this will become a bloodbath, its the only disappointing part of the merger is that the old heads of M/S and R/T still cant agree on anything. I feel sorry for Normy, im guessing you're not pushing for too many quick singles these days anyway. all those singles add up at the end of the day :lol:
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:09 pm

happyhawk wrote:You could be right AB. Dick Mac is the one pushing the motion which is a concern considering he couldn't be trusted to feed your dog while your on holidays. It's only early stages but a roster system would be set up with your man noursey to oversee the show. Although our cricket club is a shambles it's probably something that will get everyone s act together and hopefully create some interest in the district. could even be the key in luring the great Rocky Hutton back to the bulls. As for runs on the turf wicket we would be happy to make a hundred as team the way we are going, and the form normy is in you might have to watch every game for the season to see him make an aggregate 100 Although I'm having a worse season than he is. We need you back dominating like you were several years ago AB. It was always a pleasure to bat with you!

Just get it in lads and worry about the other stuff later
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:10 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:

The only thing I offered the might that is the GVCC, along with the great man rocky, was increased bar and bbq takings. Still display my BLCA premiership medal proudly though!!! Dick Mac and Noursey have never seen eye to eye this will become a bloodbath, its the only disappointing part of the merger is that the old heads of M/S and R/T still cant agree on anything. I feel sorry for Normy, im guessing you're not pushing for too many quick singles these days anyway. all those singles add up at the end of the day :lol:

The positive must be that they seemed to have settled on the best location regardless of where it is and who comes from where
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby The Angry Bull » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:24 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:

The positive must be that they seemed to have settled on the best location regardless of where it is and who comes from where

Saddleworth was only ever going to be the reasonable option because god forbid they'd upset the honorable hierarchy of the RSMU footy club :roll:
I remember attending a committee meeting early on in the merger where after numerous requests to the recs ground committee and the footy club (whose committee members are practically identical, and some even sat on the committee of the cricket club) flat out refused any possibility that GV could use the clubrooms at riverton.
Turn saddleworth into a mecca I reckon haha
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby happyhawk » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:29 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:

At my age angry running is harder than you think. I reckon your right days, saddleworth is the sensible option. We have a meeting in the next few weeks to get the ball rolling.
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Useless wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:It is what it is, Did hear a rumour that the because of all the heat rules across all sorts of sports on Saturdays that the BOM add 2 degrees to their forecast's to cover their ass when its going to be a hottish day. That would explain why it just seems to be saturdays that have the 40's. Maybe we need to outsmart them and raise our cut off temp to 42?

this is our president ladies and gentlemen.

So have you gone back and checked saturday temperatures vs forecasts and compared them?

Showing your outstanding knowledge again DH.
No havnt checked that, leave that for nerds like yourself.

Temp cut off should be 42 if we are going to persist with Elizabeth forecast or 40 for Nuri. Its a summer sport ffs.
Or current rule for A2 and lower and higher cut off for A1/Res.

i think surely we can stop whining about it, cause we cant bloody change it this time of year.

I like it how it is cause i dont like it being hot as balls.

Just round it off to 50c and be done with it, same as the rain rule, all wear raincoats and be done with it, if teams want to play each other regardless of conditions just do it or just don't have a heat/wet rule at all and just play,adjust your game to the conditions, sure your good enough to do that
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:56 pm

happyhawk wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:

At my age angry running is harder than you think. I reckon your right days, saddleworth is the sensible option. We have a meeting in the next few weeks to get the ball rolling.

27 years old, former league footballer (2 of the best games i've ever seen :lol: ) you should be in the prime of your life!!!
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:31 pm

this is our president ladies and gentlemen.

So have you gone back and checked saturday temperatures vs forecasts and compared them?[/quote]

Showing your outstanding knowledge again DH.
No havnt checked that, leave that for nerds like yourself.

Temp cut off should be 42 if we are going to persist with Elizabeth forecast or 40 for Nuri. Its a summer sport ffs.
Or current rule for A2 and lower and higher cut off for A1/Res.[/quote]

i think surely we can stop whining about it, cause we cant bloody change it this time of year.

Just round it off to 50c and be done with it, same as the rain rule, all wear raincoats and be done with it, if teams want to play each other regardless of conditions just do it or just don't have a heat/wet rule at all and just play,adjust your game to the conditions, sure your all good enough to do that, if some teams play when it rains why cant teams that agree play when its hotter than hell [/quote]
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby all rounder » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:12 pm

pretty sure last time I checked you cant change anything on the footy forum, if there is a problem with the heat rule put it in writing at the agm let the clubs vote on it end of story.
sick of reading blokes complaining the rule is the rule get on with it
all rounder
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby james07 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:06 pm

There has been talk about changing the number of teams in the A1 comp to 10 but when you again look at how this season is finishing it seems 8 is about right. This round is an absolute beauty with 4 team all battling for top spot and the bottom 4 teams all fighting off relegation. any thoughts on relegation?
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Extractor » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:59 pm

james07 wrote:There has been talk about changing the number of teams in the A1 comp to 10 but when you again look at how this season is finishing it seems 8 is about right. This round is an absolute beauty with 4 team all battling for top spot and the bottom 4 teams all fighting off relegation. any thoughts on relegation?

Weren't Truro looking to drop out of A1 reserves into A2s? If that happens then they would be left with 8 and 6 in the grades respectively which is not much room to move. We would either have to have a 14 team comp or abolish A1 Reserves and allow A grade sides to play against B Grade sides. That happened on the byes last season and some of the A2s were winning matches so it probably isn't that bad of an idea if clubs want to go that way.

At least this year there will be a different A1 Reserves side coming up. I reckon it is the first time that the previously relegated A1 side hasn't come straight back into A1s which I thought was becoming a bit of a waste of time.

It certainly is an important round this week, especially given the last round we lost to heat could have had a big bearing on relegation.
Extractor
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Arry Gablett » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:45 pm

please, please A1 teams do not let south gawler get relegated, thanking you all A1 reserves teams
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby jakovasaurus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:25 pm

just a great club and a pleasure to play against, would absolutely hate to see them get relegated. #prayforSG
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:00 am

jakovasaurus wrote:just a great club and a pleasure to play against, would absolutely hate to see them get relegated. #prayforSG

Pray worked. Sg smash gv. Vandy and the boys all but relegated now :-(
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:54 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
jakovasaurus wrote:just a great club and a pleasure to play against, would absolutely hate to see them get relegated. #prayforSG

Pray worked. Sg smash gv. Vandy and the boys all but relegated now :-(

Still some hope of staying up.
A win over Nuri in the last game will probably see Centrals go down.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby UNDERthePACK » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:06 pm

So last round and some interest games ahead. Some wrestling still to be had one would think......
Freeling v Ango, winner takes out top spot for the year which is always handy with the inclement weather we are having. Loser should still finish 2nd
Relegation is still not sown up, GV gets over the line against Nuri and GC go down to Kapunda which both are more than possible then GC are heading to Truro next year.
4th spot also not guaranteed, if the above is reversed then Nuri will jump Kapunda for 4th.
Interesting and exciting finish to the 2014/15 minor round, my view... Nuri v GV might gone down to the 4th innings as both sides need the 10 points
UNDERthePACK
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:14 pm

UNDERthePACK wrote:So last round and some interest games ahead. Some wrestling still to be had one would think......
Freeling v Ango, winner takes out top spot for the year which is always handy with the inclement weather we are having. Loser should still finish 2nd
Relegation is still not sown up, GV gets over the line against Nuri and GC go down to Kapunda which both are more than possible then GC are heading to Truro next year.
4th spot also not guaranteed, if the above is reversed then Nuri will jump Kapunda for 4th.
Interesting and exciting finish to the 2014/15 minor round, my view... Nuri v GV might gone down to the 4th innings as both sides need the 10 points

Still possible for South to go down aswell. A GV and GC win combined with a South loss could see that happen.
Might be a few "gentlemans agreements" this game.
Or has the weather got another hand to deal?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:38 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
UNDERthePACK wrote:So last round and some interest games ahead. Some wrestling still to be had one would think......

Still possible for South to go down aswell. A GV and GC win combined with a South loss could see that happen.
Might be a few "gentlemans agreements" this game.
Or has the weather got another hand to deal?

South Gawler are zero chance to go down they are over 14 points in front of GV
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby all rounder » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:45 am

ah we have ourselves another comedian, like us or hate us we are in the A1comp might not have the best players but at least we have a crack
all rounder
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby scud » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:54 am

all rounder wrote:

ah we have ourselves another comedian, like us or hate us we are in the A1comp might not have the best players but at least we have a crack

Not sure clubs are praying for South to go down because they don't have a crack.
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps