14%
Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby Q. » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:40 pm

Such a magnificently curated oval out there too, I wonder what will become of it.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Q. wrote:Such a magnificently curated oval out there too, I wonder what will become of it.

It will have a fence around it and soccer goals in no time - probs going up as we speak
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Arch44 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:23 pm

jo172 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:I wonder if the outcome would have been different if another club was subject to the same voteI have never played against Wingfield and do not know any of their players. I have only heard of their reputation.

Last time I played them a gentleman walked off the field screaming he was going to his car to get his 9mm to shoot our captain.

He returned without a pistol, but waited with several team mates around the other side of the clubroom to assault said captain and his 13 year old son after the game.

I cry no tears for them.

Doesn't mean the whole club is like that and they should fold.

How many chances should they get?

Honest question

By chances you mean number of players that are required? As that is why they are banished.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:29 pm

twobob wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Arch44 wrote:So out of 60 clubs only 32 voted and 20 of those voted them out. Poor form by those that voted Wingies out IMO and why did the rest sit on there hands and not vote?

You might pick up a few players.

You guys could too ;)

I would say that the vote went that way because if Wingfield were allowed exemption then it would of set a precedence for future clubs to be granted the same exemption. While i feel bad for Wingfield i think the correct decision was made.

I reckon if they can come up with 1 side then let them. This 2 team rule is BS. My club went through it and came out the other side we have since had 2 teams every year and 3 teams at one stage and now even a women's side. In this situation clubs should stick together, because one day whether its next year or when ever it could be their turn very easily.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Hefty » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:I wonder if the outcome would have been different if another club was subject to the same voteI have never played against Wingfield and do not know any of their players. I have only heard of their reputation.

They make the Transadelaide Tigers look like a group of angels.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:34 pm

Well Said Arch i also think the rule of 2 teams is stupid, maybe the top 6 - 8 clubs can have 8 teams each and have the same league year after year because there will be no other clubs left. Maybe more players will play soccer in the future because there will be no grounds, teams and player's left playing football if things continue at this rate, a lot of junior's are already playing soccer now instead of football.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:15 pm

Demon Juke wrote:Well Said Arch i also think the rule of 2 teams is stupid, maybe the top 6 - 8 clubs can have 8 teams each and have the same league year after year because there will be no other clubs left. Maybe more players will play soccer in the future because there will be no grounds, teams and player's left playing football if things continue at this rate, a lot of junior's are already playing soccer now instead of football.

Look guys I actually get it, and the work we have done in the last 4 months has a few people exhausted, just to ensure the future of a club that had one bad year. But surely if a club has only one team what's to say with similar toil they can't get it together. Is the C grade division becoming elitist for the top graded clubs? Hope not but they are surely being vocal about the strength of the comp.

I guess the issue is here we are in almost March and only the top 6 divs are finalised. So how are we supposed to set Fundraising nights and even more importantly attract new sponsors when we can't even determine who's in and who's out and where we sit in the scheme of things. I actually wonder if every club in the league had to produce their 55 signatures and regos by Feb 15th, how many would be in deep doggy doo also. Food for thought and maybe a future directive from the league, whom I might add have been very supportive of MP in our efforts to remain viable. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jo172 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Demon Juke wrote:Well Said Arch i also think the rule of 2 teams is stupid, maybe the top 6 - 8 clubs can have 8 teams each and have the same league year after year because there will be no other clubs left. Maybe more players will play soccer in the future because there will be no grounds, teams and player's left playing football if things continue at this rate, a lot of junior's are already playing soccer now instead of football.

1. The Amateur League is on target to increase total player numbers in 2015.

2. How many juniors did Wingfield field?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:56 pm

jo172 wrote:

We have to see if that it true - Blackwood, Wingfield out, Salisbury West down to 1 team or none. Mitchell Park. Kilburn, Flinders back to 2 teams, so we have wait see on make up c/d teams to see it has increased or de-creased. Should not matter if you don't have juniors as long as they can fill a senior side in a senior comp. If they had junior's your club would try and poach them and you could play in you super junior red comp with about 4 or 5 other clubs.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:54 am

Demon Juke wrote:
jo172 wrote:

We have to see if that it true - Blackwood, Wingfield out, Salisbury West down to 1 team or none. Mitchell Park. Kilburn, Flinders back to 2 teams, so we have wait see on make up c/d teams to see it has increased or de-creased. Should not matter if you don't have juniors as long as they can fill a senior side in a senior comp. If they had junior's your club would try and poach them and you could play in you super junior red comp with about 4 or 5 other clubs.

I think Blackwood would feel hard done by. Regardless of whether you agree with the rule or not, they asked to come in and were accepted under the premise of fielding their c-grade. One year later it is thanks but no thanks.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:52 am

Demon Juke wrote:
jo172 wrote:

"poach". Spare me.

I brought up juniors because you did.

There will be more overall registered players. Just like there were last year.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:53 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:
jo172 wrote:

I think Blackwood would feel hard done by. Regardless of whether you agree with the rule or not, they asked to come in and were accepted under the premise of fielding their c-grade. One year later it is thanks but no thanks.

On the other hand fielding a D Grade, but not in the Amateur League was at least a bit cheeky on their part
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:36 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Wrong - their C grade was allowed in on the premise of at least one other team joining them this year. They chose not to bring their other teams over so bye bye....
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Wingfield trying to rustle up enough players for 2 teams by the 28th....
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Arch44 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Wingfield trying to rustle up enough players for 2 teams by the 28th....

Yep could see a few old wingfield heads at the club tomorrow night.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Wingfield trying to rustle up enough players for 2 teams by the 28th....

Yep could see a few old wingfield heads at the club tomorrow night.

Skunk played for you blokes at one point?
Q.
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:22 pm

Yep he did. Haven't seen him for a while though.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:31 pm

He played a handful of games at Wingies last year. I remembered him from the mid-2000s and we had a quick chat about those days.
Q.
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:36 pm

Q. wrote:He played a handful of games at Wingies last year. I remembered him from the mid-2000s and we had a quick chat about those days.

Good fella Skunk. Good luck picking his age though
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Q. wrote:He played a handful of games at Wingies last year. I remembered him from the mid-2000s and we had a quick chat about those days.

Good fella Skunk. Good luck picking his age though

He's got a few grey hairs now, gotta be pushing 40.
Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League