13%
Woodville South
7%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:46 pm

BFG wrote:
Booney wrote:Bloody hell! When did Rossies win the X-Lotto? :lol:

certainly seems like they've opened up the chequebook. Seeing the gap between div 6 and 5 isnt that high you'd assume that they would finish top 2. gonna be really tight at the top this year though with elizabeth, para hills, rosies and hopefully CLG all battling it out. Not saying that no one else will not be around the mark but at this early stage of the season it looks like these 4 would be early faves.

In saying that, teams like BOS and CBOC are always strong and around the mark, greenacres are a bit of an unknown at this stage as are woody sth and pultney. Good luck to anyone trying to pick where everyone will finish come seasons end.

Given that BOS flogged us in the GF last year, we are starting off a long way behind them.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby BFG » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:58 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
BFG wrote:

certainly seems like they've opened up the chequebook. Seeing the gap between div 6 and 5 isnt that high you'd assume that they would finish top 2. gonna be really tight at the top this year though with elizabeth, para hills, rosies and hopefully CLG all battling it out. Not saying that no one else will not be around the mark but at this early stage of the season it looks like these 4 would be early faves.

In saying that, teams like BOS and CBOC are always strong and around the mark, greenacres are a bit of an unknown at this stage as are woody sth and pultney. Good luck to anyone trying to pick where everyone will finish come seasons end.

Given that BOS flogged us in the GF last year, we are starting off a long way behind them.

grand final results arent always indicative of how close two teams are and with the influx of players you guys have had i can see you challenging for the double chance. BOS will be around the mark but i havent heard much about them and you do need to recruit at least 2-3 to go back to back history has shown.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Boosh » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:21 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
BFG wrote:

The 'Diff' seems very confident with Rosewaters chances this year Beefy.

The rest of the Div 5 owe North Haven a beer or two after one of our new players broke Nick Williams wrist whilst they were wrestling in his back yard.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Q. » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Backyard wresting never ends well. I took the skin of the bridge of my nose after being suplexed into concrete.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Boosh wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
BFG wrote:

The 'Diff' seems very confident with Rosewaters chances this year Beefy.

The rest of the Div 5 owe North Haven a beer or two after one of our new players broke Nick Williams wrist whilst they were wrestling in his back yard.

Lack of confidence is never an issue when it comes to "The (Self described) Diff".
Nick can join the rest of the blokes on the long-term injury list, we are running out of rookie listed blokes to promote.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby twobob » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:51 am

So if there are no Div 4 clubs willing to take the spot left vacant by Salisbury West in Div 3 are there any Div 5 clubs prepared to make the jump straight over 4 into 3.
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby BFG » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:18 am

twobob wrote:So if there are no Div 4 clubs willing to take the spot left vacant by Salisbury West in Div 3 are there any Div 5 clubs prepared to make the jump straight over 4 into 3.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find one. REalistically the jump from 4 to 3 is probably close to the biggest skill level difference in the league. So to go from 5 straight to three would most likely involve relegation. So basically your signing up for a spot in div 4 2016 which if you make a grand final you will have anyways. Just my personal thoughts though
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:39 pm

twobob wrote:So if there are no Div 4 clubs willing to take the spot left vacant by Salisbury West in Div 3 are there any Div 5 clubs prepared to make the jump straight over 4 into 3.

Take Brahma from 6 and put them into 3 where they should have gone, all there players are back and also the great Dutchy is on board. :)
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:59 pm

BFG wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
BFG wrote:

grand final results arent always indicative of how close two teams are and with the influx of players you guys have had i can see you challenging for the double chance. BOS will be around the mark but i havent heard much about them and you do need to recruit at least 2-3 to go back to back history has shown.

Not much happening at BOS. A few ins, a few outs. Good to be back in div 5.
They've jagged a decent B grade coach / runner duo though from what i've heard.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby S Demon » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:52 am

S Demon wrote:
BFG wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
The real talent wrote:Your footy clubs, big outs an the new arrivals. Names?

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=1-114-109877-315144-21095613&a=CLEAR

how many of those would be pushing to play in the A's beefy?

i rekon only three of ours would be classed as genuine A graders, but i spose its always hard to tell just based on training form.

Woody sth only have 7 out and three in (not counting juniors) Not any great mutiny at this stage but i spose time will tell

Clifford to Gaza is a big loss

McNeil and Haniford gone as well. Interesting to see how McNeil goes at Gaza. Good pick up for them
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:02 am

when he's fit.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby BZB27 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:09 am

I reckon McNiel will go alright at that level he was clunking everything against pooraka in the second game.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby South B/Hill Roos » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Good to see my old mate Ty Corey returning to CLG
South B/Hill Roos
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby BFG » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:10 pm

South B/Hill Roos wrote:Good to see my old mate Ty Corey returning to CLG

Been great having the honey badger lookalike out again. Great leader and has that hardness around the footy that always comes in handy around finals time.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Postby Leroy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Rosewater having a vote whether they move up to Div 3.. Would be a massive jump from Div 6 to 3 in one year!
Leroy
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Leroy wrote:Rosewater having a vote whether they move up to Div 3.. Would be a massive jump from Div 6 to 3 in one year!

Really - have we been asked?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby BFG » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Leroy wrote:Rosewater having a vote whether they move up to Div 3.. Would be a massive jump from Div 6 to 3 in one year!

If its legit, i'd be very surprised if too many voted for yes. You'd have to realistically expect to be relegated this year from div 3 if they went up. If they do it though i wish them the best of luck of course and will be upset I dont get to experience their brand new facilities!
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:43 pm

BFG wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

If its legit, i'd be very surprised if too many voted for yes. You'd have to realistically expect to be relegated this year from div 3 if they went up. If they do it though i wish them the best of luck of course and will be upset I dont get to experience their brand new facilities!

If it did happen then you would probably experience them in 2016
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby BFG » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:58 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
BFG wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

If it did happen then you would probably experience them in 2016

Ha! very sharp beefy! Like all clubs at this stage of the year we're confident that we can put a good side on the park but you dont know how good you need to be until the first few rounds. I'm putting it out there now, i think the top 7 sides this year will be within 4 wins of each other come seasons end. Can't really see one complete stand out favorite at this stage.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:58 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

You deserve to be beaten with the stick he's been stirring the shit with ;) :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League