Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby Arch44 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:02 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:But wouldnt you get 2 home games to start the year then? Having looked at the draw, We have the bye with 2 away games either side of it at this stage so we have a month away from home.. Surely the club wouldnt be 'crippled' by not having that 1 home game where the bye is.. Having seen first hand the Profit and Loss of bar takings on events at our club, one missed home game wont be the be all and end all of a club.. Some clubs will probably end up in front saving on paying blokes for an away game in which bar takings would be minimal if any

Rent, oval hire and plenty of bills are monthly, with only 1 Saturday to make revenue can stretch the budget somewhat, especially if it's a week that you lost.

Agree LM 1 game in 4 weeks at home during the season is a ridiculous situation for a club to be in.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Pag » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:30 am

Arch44 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:But wouldnt you get 2 home games to start the year then? Having looked at the draw, We have the bye with 2 away games either side of it at this stage so we have a month away from home.. Surely the club wouldnt be 'crippled' by not having that 1 home game where the bye is.. Having seen first hand the Profit and Loss of bar takings on events at our club, one missed home game wont be the be all and end all of a club.. Some clubs will probably end up in front saving on paying blokes for an away game in which bar takings would be minimal if any

Rent, oval hire and plenty of bills are monthly, with only 1 Saturday to make revenue can stretch the budget somewhat, especially if it's a week that you lost.

Agree LM 1 game in 4 weeks at home during the season is a ridiculous situation for a club to be in.

It happens at times in a quirk of the 10-team draw anyway, one team will usually play Round 6-8 away, then Round 9 home, and another team Round 6-8 home, Round 9 away. You should get the same amount of home games as every other team in your comp regardless.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:31 am

What sort of ship are you running that you go broke after a month?!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:52 am

FFS, you're all getting 8 bloody home games! :roll:

Bitch for the sake of having a bitch why don't ya...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby adr107 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:52 am

Arch44 wrote:How is Tyson Roling's transition to footy going Q?

Tys is gonna be good I think. Going to have to adapt to the physicality of the game a bit after playing that soft sport for ages, but the Jarred Waite look-a-like will be juuuust fine!
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:01 am

Footy Chick wrote:FFS, you're all getting 8 bloody home games! :roll:

Oh no I have an opinion that's different to every one else :shock:
Yep and it should be 9 home games.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:05 am

Arch, I'd understand if you were bitching because you got one less home game to everyone else, or even if you had to play your last 9 games away even but unless you can come up with solution that is going to suit everyone, you need to accept it for what it is.

SOoking about it isn't going to change anything.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:09 am

Arch44 wrote:

I agree with you, at the start of the season you have afilliation fees, new balls, training equipment, medical supplies, stocking the fridges/canteen plus plenty of other miscellaneous expenses.
You just start getting your head above the water after a month or two with some home games and then you get hit with a low intake month and it puts you behind the 8 ball.
I've lived it before, a couple of hefty away losses on the trot can really dent the finances, chuck a bye amongst them and it hurts.
July and August tend to be the most successful moths as far as patronage and it's where you can really re-coup some of the earlier in the season expenses as they aren't repetitive.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:10 am

Pag wrote:
It happens at times in a quirk of the 10-team draw anyway, one team will usually play Round 6-8 away, then Round 9 home, and another team Round 6-8 home, Round 9 away. You should get the same amount of home games as every other team in your comp regardless.

It's more directed at the situation of away game, bye, away game.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:12 am

Footy Chick wrote:Arch, I'd understand if you were bitching because you got one less home game to everyone else, or even if you had to play your last 9 games away even but unless you can come up with solution that is going to suit everyone, you need to accept it for what it is.

So it's called sooking because I Have a different OPINION? Of course I have accepted it doesn't mean I agree with it.
If we were the lowest grade I have no problems at all with having a bye.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Arch44 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

I agree with you, at the start of the season you have afilliation fees, new balls, training equipment, medical supplies, stocking the fridges/canteen plus plenty of other miscellaneous expenses.
You just start getting your head above the water after a month or two with some home games and then you get hit with a low intake month and it puts you behind the 8 ball.
I've lived it before, a couple of hefty away losses on the trot can really dent the finances, chuck a bye amongst them and it hurts.
July and August tend to be the most successful moths as far as patronage and it's where you can really re-coup some of the earlier in the season expenses as they aren't repetitive.

Stop sooking LM ;)
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:24 am

Arch44 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Arch, I'd understand if you were bitching because you got one less home game to everyone else, or even if you had to play your last 9 games away even but unless you can come up with solution that is going to suit everyone, you need to accept it for what it is.

So it's called sooking because I Have a different OPINION? Of course I have accepted it doesn't mean I agree with it.

No, it's sooking because you're not offering a solution.

Actually it's just sooking (I don't like byes, I don't like this, I don't want 2 away games in a row - these aren't opinions, they're gripes)
I know this, because my manager at work tells me all the time :oops:

and stop trying to make me look like the wicked witch of the west and carrying on about difference of opinion. No point in having a forum if we all had the same one.

I'm just telling you that you sound like a whinging girl. Even if I agreed with you, you'd still sound like a whinger.

Just gives you more incentive to win a flag then, doesn't it ;)

Footy Chick

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:33 am

Footy Chick wrote: I'm just telling you that you sound like a whinging girl. Even if I agreed with you, you'd still sound like a whinger.

I can't believe the sexism that these forums generate.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Pag » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

That's interesting isn't it? I would say they are the two months when our patronage is at its lowest due to the cold weather, especially in losing seasons. Wonder how much this differs from club to club.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:45 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

No, it's sooking because you're not offering a solution.

Actually it's just sooking (I don't like byes, I don't like this, I don't want 2 away games in a row - these aren't opinions, they're gripes)
I know this, because my manager at work tells me all the time :oops:

and stop trying to make me look like the wicked witch of the west and carrying on about difference of opinion. No point in having a forum if we all had the same one.

I'm just telling you that you sound like a whinging girl. Even if I agreed with you, you'd still sound like a whinger.

Just gives you more incentive to win a flag then, doesn't it ;)

FC I agreed with what LM said and also said if we were the lowest grade then there is no problem with the bye and I will add because it would be unavoidable. I think you are picking and choosing what you want to read.
And sometimes if the witches hat fits ;)
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:53 am

Pag wrote:
That's interesting isn't it? I would say they are the two months when our patronage is at its lowest due to the cold weather, especially in losing seasons. Wonder how much this differs from club to club.

It is, I was basing it on a moderately successful season when you're middle of the ladder sort of thing. Poor results brings out excuses for not going back to the club on a Saturday night after an away loss, especially if players drive past home on their way back to the club.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:54 am

Arch44 wrote:Stop sooking LM ;)

Sorry, I've had a bug in my grill.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:57 am

Please note, this does not affect my time in the house, it's just an observation I've made from monitoring a clubs finances in the past and combating trends.
I have no affiliation with any club.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:04 am

I know that this is going to pull out some violins but Brahma Lodge get a nice May/June.
Round 5: Away to Fitzroy
Round 6: Bye
Round 7: Away to Mawson Lakes
Round 8: Home vs Trinity
Long Weekend
Round 9: Away to West Croydon
Round 10: Away to Ingle Farm

1 Saturday at home in 8 weeks.
Lightning McQueen
Coach