29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby BZB27 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:27 am

I think its time for them to just leave div 6 and 7 how they are now and everyone move on to start talking about the season ahead, instead of a never ending change of gradings for clubs
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:31 am

marbles wrote:2*8 team divs

# first 14 rounds are easy, they play each other twice

# before the season starts each club is given a RANK

# rounds 15-18, the top rank 4 play the top rank 4 from the other div & the bottom rank 4 play the other bottom rank 4 from the other div

# all clubs get 9 home games, no byes

# afl final 8 system, top4 from each div go to finals to win div 6 premiership

Unxtitled-1.jpg

And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:32 am

human_torpedo wrote:I just need to state that I am on the 9 team side of the coin, I think its no issue. However some people kick up stinks about losing 1 home game beause it could 'cripple' clubs if the bye falls at an inopportune time..

Marbles, I get what you are saying mate but its just far too complicated, 9 team comp is just simple, reverse draw

the round 15-18 games are decided now, based on rank now. the fixture is decided preseason

all clubs get their 9 games & and no one gets a Bye

the solution is fine. but now everyone wants to be a stooge and change their mind saying nah wait, we like the byes and one less home game is fine haha

the only set back you'd have is trying to make the sporting pulse online system facilitate the crossing over over divisions in rounds 15-18
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:35 am

marbles wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:I just need to state that I am on the 9 team side of the coin, I think its no issue. However some people kick up stinks about losing 1 home game beause it could 'cripple' clubs if the bye falls at an inopportune time..

Marbles, I get what you are saying mate but its just far too complicated, 9 team comp is just simple, reverse draw

the round 15-18 games are decided now, based on rank now. the fixture is decided preseason

the solution is fine. but now everyone wants to be a stooge and change their mind saying nah wait, we like the byes and one less home game is fine haha

the only set back you'd have is trying to make the sporting pulse online system facilitate the crossing over over divisions in rounds 15-18

How is not wanting to play the teams that aren't rightly in my division being a stooge? :shock:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby jo172 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:44 am

the milky bar kid wrote:
marbles wrote:

How is not wanting to play the teams that aren't rightly in my division being a stooge? :shock:

The whole "rightfully in my division" concept has been a bit lost in the last 12 months.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:47 am

the milky bar kid wrote:
marbles wrote:

Its a 16 team division, split into 2 conferences enabling all clubs to gain maximum revenue with no byes that normally cause interference with momentums or going a month without home games etc etc
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:08 am

the milky bar kid wrote:

# rounds 15-18, the top rank 4 play the top rank 4 from the other div & the bottom rank 4 play the other bottom rank 4 from the other div

Unxtitled-1.jpg

And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

MBK, that's ridiculous - everyone knows the only way to solve these is a good old fashioned rock, paper, scissors duel.

Best of 5 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:14 am

Footy Chick wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:

Unxtitled-1.jpg

MBK, that's ridiculous - everyone knows the only way to solve these is a good old fashioned rock, paper, scissors duel.

Best of 5 8)

True, but I was using a quote from Baseketball
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:41 am

Couldnt agree more MBK
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:57 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Cos their has never been an upset in a game of footy..

Not good enough on the day
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:01 pm

jo172 wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
marbles wrote:

The whole "rightfully in my division" concept has been a bit lost in the last 12 months.

The fact that clubs fight to remain down in "their" division is just pathetic.

Shuffle the club up the grades. No lower division should be filled until the one above it has 10 teams. If a club leaves or withdraws, then the rest get adjusted to fill the gap - it's not that hard!

Problem is there are clubs fighting against going up because they may have to work hard instead of smashing a bunch of weaker teams in division 14 or whatever it is.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:13 pm

True LGIL

I dont like the fact that clubs are fighting to stay down a division, but if they think its best for the club to do so then no one can do much about that. I see exceptions, like Salisbury in div 4 for instance, they have had 3 years of struggling in div 3 only to be spared for various reasons, and now if they got forced to go back up into div 3 this year knowing they arent up to standard, then thats just unfair..

However, having said that, if we filled the vacancy in div 3, and then the corresponding vacancies, then it would leave div 7 with 5 sides? Its a tough call for the SAAFL to fill all voids with bascially not enough sides
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
jo172 wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:

The fact that clubs fight to remain down in "their" division is just pathetic.

Shuffle the club up the grades. No lower division should be filled until the one above it has 10 teams. If a club leaves or withdraws, then the rest get adjusted to fill the gap - it's not that hard!

Problem is there are clubs fighting against going up because they may have to work hard instead of smashing a bunch of weaker teams in division 14 or whatever it is.

My stance is that my club should remain above those in division 7. As the current fixture shows & will remain.

But you do love a good SAAFL spray, so I shouldn't have expected anything less
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:32 pm

human_torpedo wrote:True LGIL

I dont like the fact that clubs are fighting to stay down a division, but if they think its best for the club to do so then no one can do much about that. I see exceptions, like Salisbury in div 4 for instance, they have had 3 years of struggling in div 3 only to be spared for various reasons, and now if they got forced to go back up into div 3 this year knowing they arent up to standard, then thats just unfair..

However, having said that, if we filled the vacancy in div 3, and then the corresponding vacancies, then it would leave div 7 with 5 sides? Its a tough call for the SAAFL to fill all voids with bascially not enough sides

There are teams in Div 8 that can come up like any other year.
The rest of Div 8 can be distributed in the C-Grade divisions
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:35 pm

so going on what some people have posted about filling the gap in div 3

eastern park finished 3rd lost over half of last years side do they get forced into div 3
Pooraka finished 4th topped up for div 4 but cant afford to buy players for div 3
Hope Valley still building up the club to in the near future make a play for div 3 but not ready this year

then we have north haven recruits galore could probably handle the jump into div 3

so one club in div 4 could make the jump the rest couldnt
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Roaring Lion! » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:56 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Arch, I'd understand if you were bitching because you got one less home game to everyone else, or even if you had to play your last 9 games away even but unless you can come up with solution that is going to suit everyone, you need to accept it for what it is.

SOoking about it isn't going to change anything.

So it's called sooking because I Have a different OPINION? Of course I have accepted it doesn't mean I agree with it.
If we were the lowest grade I have no problems at all with having a bye.

No, it's sooking because you're not offering a solution.

Actually it's just sooking (I don't like byes, I don't like this, I don't want 2 away games in a row - these aren't opinions, they're gripes)
I know this, because my manager at work tells me all the time :oops:

and stop trying to make me look like the wicked witch of the west and carrying on about difference of opinion. No point in having a forum if we all had the same one.

I'm just telling you that you sound like a whinging girl. Even if I agreed with you, you'd still sound like a whinger.

Just gives you more incentive to win a flag then, doesn't it ;)

Have you moved clubs to the other side of town F.C as bit harsh calling yourself the wicked witch of the west?
More like the wicked witch from the east ;)
IT'S US AGAINST THEM!!!
Roaring Lion!
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby eric » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:30 am

Lol.. Think some of you guys should get a tissue sponsor or at least stop wiping it on each other's curtains... Grown men & women lol
Never read so much sooking in my life.. And assumptions.. Whoa.. Giddy up boys..
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby human_torpedo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:07 am

Just like grown men over using the term 'lol'

Insightful as ever mate..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:11 am

Diknbones wrote:Lol.. Think some of you guys should get a tissue sponsor or at least stop wiping it on each other's curtains... Grown men & women lol
Never read so much sooking in my life.. And assumptions.. Whoa.. Giddy up boys..

But rich calling others sooks, Considering your club sooked a fair bit when you got smashed in a gf then Cried some more to the league to go down 15 divs. And since you had a couple of people on the executive you got what you wanted...and now you are telling people they should pick on you. "Oh poor lodge".

Happy to sink the boots into other clubs when you're winning but now it's the other way round it's not ok. We get told to find a solution even though your club is the problem...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby eric » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:14 pm

61 pages and the season hasn't even started & still talking about Brahma Lodge and what's happening at Tigerland.. What are we going to talk about when the season starts proper.
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League