14%
Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby Yank Man » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:The players need to get out to training and show the club they have the numbers required. I would assume they are fixtured where they are due to this. With the current situation its probably easier to add another side then have them in and pull them out at the last minute.

So if Ricky is still there and they have a similar squad to last year they will destroy Div 7 Reserves given they played in the Div 7 finals last year.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Bigshow82 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:20 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:The players need to get out to training and show the club they have the numbers required. I would assume they are fixtured where they are due to this. With the current situation its probably easier to add another side then have them in and pull them out at the last minute.

So if Ricky is still there and they have a similar squad to last year they will destroy Div 7 Reserves given they played in the Div 7 finals last year.

I'm not in the know down there but my understanding is that they are where they are at the moment because they are unsure of what the players they had last year are doing. If Ricky and the other players stick around I'm sure you will find them with two teams.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Q. » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:03 pm

Yank Man wrote:I guess the latest fixture on Fox Sports Pulse is not for real. Has us all playing on the June long weekend and most teams playing each other twice in 3 weeks. So Q if there is 19 rounds I figure the last game will be the first week of finals for the rest of comp yeah? Must be difficult to get the fixture as fair as it can be. I also heard on the rumour mill that North Pines reckon they will have 2 teams. Anyone got info on that possibility, would make life easier you would expect and the reserves would get an extra bye when you play Salibury West.

My understanding is the 19th round was slotted into the June long weekend to avoid a fourth bye.
I've been away all weekend and haven't seen the latest fixture though.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:59 am

Wish we could just settle on something and be done with it. The confusion is making it very difficult to get staff, volunteers, players, holidays, events and everything else sorted. Even more so for sporting clubs with other affiliates as we need to fit in with their schedule as well. It's our plan to have the Rugby Club play under lights on Saturday nights when the football club is playing away - it's now the 10th of March and we cannot cement anything in.

It's no ones fault and I guess its the price we pay for being in the lowest division, but I don't understand why we can't have a schedule locked in, with a gap or bye in case we need to bring in another team...

/rant
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:32 am

Q. wrote:
Yank Man wrote:I guess the latest fixture on Fox Sports Pulse is not for real. Has us all playing on the June long weekend and most teams playing each other twice in 3 weeks. So Q if there is 19 rounds I figure the last game will be the first week of finals for the rest of comp yeah? Must be difficult to get the fixture as fair as it can be. I also heard on the rumour mill that North Pines reckon they will have 2 teams. Anyone got info on that possibility, would make life easier you would expect and the reserves would get an extra bye when you play Salibury West.

My understanding is the 19th round was slotted into the June long weekend to avoid a fourth bye.

Is SAAFL under the CFL control. We were told definitely not allowed to play footy on June long weekend or weekend of country champs, no exceptions.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 468 times
Been liked: 584 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby jo172 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:45 am

cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:

Is SAAFL under the CFL control. We were told definitely not allowed to play footy on June long weekend or weekend of country champs, no exceptions.

Can't see why the Country Championships would affect the SAAFL?
jo172
Veteran

Has liked: 1219 times
Been liked: 732 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:32 pm

cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:

No, neither are the HFL....
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2171 times

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:11 pm

jo172 wrote:
cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:

Can't see why the Country Championships would affect the SAAFL?

Country championship weekend won't effect SAAFL, only country leagues, probably worded that wrong. HFL asked for our div 2 to be able to play on that weekend & was told no by CFL.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:

No, neither are the HFL....

Yeah I think we are. If they say we can't play on those weekends then we can't play on those weekends, according to HFL board.
cracka
Veteran

Postby marbles » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:21 pm

fixtures out go u mighty crabs

new logo too
https://www.facebook.com/FlindersUniFC?fref=ts

11058537_10153096171247674_5451056291297608901_n.jpg
11058537_10153096171247674_5451056291297608901_n.jpg (64.74 KiB) Viewed 640 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 262 times

Postby morell » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:05 pm

North Pines will smash D7R surely???
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:14 pm

morell wrote:North Pines will smash D7R surely???
give em a solution.
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby The Informer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:29 pm

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:
give em a solution.

Um Play against A grade teams as they are a A grade team?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby The Informer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Have Wingfield got a start anywhere or they officially gone?
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:38 pm

The_Informer wrote:
give em a solution.

lol good call. What i meant was what do they do with the b grade because that'd be only 6 in b grade meaning extra byes because there'd be 8 in a grade with two of those without b grades
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby The Informer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:52 pm

The_Informer wrote:
give em a solution.

lol good call. What i meant was what do they do with the b grade because that'd be only 6 in b grade meaning extra byes because there'd be 8 in a grade with two of those without b grades

Yea I know it is hard but doesn't seem right to have 7 teams in 7 and then have 10 teams in 8. About time the league told clubs where they are playing and not other way around. Surely some of the bigger clubs in 8 could step up to 7.
This is based upon 7 not being about A grade clubs playing each other as highlighted by Pines in 7r.
The Informer
Reserves

Postby norm11 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Strange set up I think. Not sure how other teams sit but angle vale have a bye in round 4 and 7
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:22 pm

norm11 wrote:Strange set up I think. Not sure how other teams sit but angle vale have a bye in round 4 and 7

Mitchell Park get a block of 9 games from rounds 7 to 15 and get a bye, but have to play the premiership favourites Houghton Districts 3 times with 2 of them bus trips. Q you must have more influence than I thought, or you know our boys will come in to your club and have a few frothies. :D

I'm gob smacked, what a farcical situation. Looks like the purveyors of C grade super league have destroyed another Division to polish their own boots. Just my view. It's only the last few seasons stand out A grade clubs have been dominant and let's face it, without being detrimental to some hard working clubs I reckon a good C grade team would be right in this comp up to their ears. Hats off to the people at Adelaide Uni, put the nads on the line, unlike others. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:58 pm

Premiership favourites in your eyes Yank. I'd say it's shaping up to be a pretty competitive division.

We drew last year's grand finalists 3 times, with two of the games being at their ground. There's going to be some unevenness for everyone, which really makes it a pretty even comp don't you think ;)
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times

Postby norm11 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:13 pm

Yank Man wrote:
norm11 wrote:Strange set up I think. Not sure how other teams sit but angle vale have a bye in round 4 and 7

Mitchell Park get a block of 9 games from rounds 7 to 15 and get a bye, but have to play the premiership favourites Houghton Districts 3 times with 2 of them bus trips. Q you must have more influence than I thought, or you know our boys will come in to your club and have a few frothies. :D

I'm gob smacked, what a farcical situation. Looks like the purveyors of C grade super league have destroyed another Division to polish their own boots. Just my view. It's only the last few seasons stand out A grade clubs have been dominant and let's face it, without being detrimental to some hard working clubs I reckon a good C grade team would be right in this comp up to their ears. Hats off to the people at Adelaide Uni, put the nads on the line, unlike others. ;)

We also have houghton 3 times. 2 road trips leaving Friday night. We also play flinders uni twice in 3 weeks and sals west twice in 3 weeks.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League