14%
Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:16 pm

norm11 wrote:We also have houghton 3 times. 2 road trips leaving Friday night. We also play flinders uni twice in 3 weeks and sals west twice in 3 weeks.

Ummmm the Angle Vale/Houghton road trip isn't that far
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby jo172 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:00 pm

Yank Man wrote:
norm11 wrote:Strange set up I think. Not sure how other teams sit but angle vale have a bye in round 4 and 7

Mitchell Park get a block of 9 games from rounds 7 to 15 and get a bye, but have to play the premiership favourites Houghton Districts 3 times with 2 of them bus trips. Q you must have more influence than I thought, or you know our boys will come in to your club and have a few frothies. :D

I'm gob smacked, what a farcical situation. Looks like the purveyors of C grade super league have destroyed another Division to polish their own boots. Just my view. It's only the last few seasons stand out A grade clubs have been dominant and let's face it, without being detrimental to some hard working clubs I reckon a good C grade team would be right in this comp up to their ears. Hats off to the people at Adelaide Uni, put the nads on the line, unlike others. ;)

You say that, but let's assume next year Div 3 and 6 go back to 10 teams.

If Salisbury West and North Pines can't get a second side up the League will have 63 clubs. Has the potential to make a difficult position for Div 7 (or peevishly, 7 x 9 team leagues)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby norm11 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Q. wrote:
norm11 wrote:We also have houghton 3 times. 2 road trips leaving Friday night. We also play flinders uni twice in 3 weeks and sals west twice in 3 weeks.

40 mins is long enough.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:09 pm

norm11 wrote:
Q. wrote:

40 mins is long enough.

Would you prefer travelling to Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni or Adelaide Uni twice? 40 mins is nothing.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:39 pm

Yank Man wrote:
norm11 wrote:Strange set up I think. Not sure how other teams sit but angle vale have a bye in round 4 and 7

Mitchell Park get a block of 9 games from rounds 7 to 15 and get a bye, but have to play the premiership favourites Houghton Districts 3 times with 2 of them bus trips. Q you must have more influence than I thought, or you know our boys will come in to your club and have a few frothies. :D

I'm gob smacked, what a farcical situation. Looks like the purveyors of C grade super league have destroyed another Division to polish their own boots. Just my view. It's only the last few seasons stand out A grade clubs have been dominant and let's face it, without being detrimental to some hard working clubs I reckon a good C grade team would be right in this comp up to their ears. Hats off to the people at Adelaide Uni, put the nads on the line, unlike others. ;)

U just don't get it yank baby boy

It might be wonderful for agraders having to play a bunch of slack cbf cgraders every second week, and when your boys hav a wonderful night back at the club walkin around with ya chests puffed out like your the greatest footballers on earth... Hello!!! U played cgraders!!

Become a cgrade coach and picture your boys desire wanting to play semi professional paid players every week. And then wonder why every 4 team club who has been in div 7 hav now all officially lost their dgrade in the past 2 years

The marriage is over buddy, it might work well for your establishments, but it doesn't for the bigger empires who cannot allow themselves to shrink for your survival

Find a new way to survive... Evolution
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby morell » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:02 pm

Yank Man wrote:I'm gob smacked, what a farcical situation. Looks like the purveyors of C grade super league have destroyed another Division to polish their own boots. Just my view. It's only the last few seasons stand out A grade clubs have been dominant and let's face it, without being detrimental to some hard working clubs I reckon a good C grade team would be right in this comp up to their ears. Hats off to the people at Adelaide Uni, put the nads on the line, unlike others. ;)
Agreed. It is staggering.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:05 pm

norm11 wrote:
Q. wrote:

40 mins is long enough.

Seriously? 40 minutes..... Try being someone like CLG, Flinders, Kenilworth, Mitchell Park who play in lower divisions who are flooded with teams in the vicinity and north of Grand Junction Road. I used to laugh @ opponents from North Haven or North Pines to name a couple who complained about the 40 minute travel.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:08 pm

marbles wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

U just don't get it yank baby boy

It might be wonderful for agraders having to play a bunch of slack cbf cgraders every second week, and when your boys hav a wonderful night back at the club walkin around with ya chests puffed out like your the greatest footballers on earth... Hello!!! U played cgraders!!

Become a cgrade coach and picture your boys desire wanting to play semi professional paid players every week. And then wonder why every 4 team club who has been in div 7 hav now all officially lost their dgrade in the past 2 years

The marriage is over buddy, it might work well for your establishments, but it doesn't for the bigger empires who cannot allow themselves to shrink for your survival

Find a new way to survive... Evolution

If I recall marbles back in the dark ages, 2012 I believe, Tea Trea Gully, C's played Henley C''s in a prelim final with the winner to play Mitchell Park in the Grand Final. The 'invincible' MP won the GF by 4 goals. WTF has detonated in your back yards in 2 years. Except for sandbagging. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:17 pm

You have been good for a long time Yank. Don't start bringing up your premiership coaching stories again. Especially the one that involved the ANZACS that your "mates" hijacked your account.... ;)
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:25 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:You have been good for a long time Yank. Don't start bringing up your premiership coaching stories again. Especially the one that involved the ANZACS that your "mates" hijacked your account.... ;)

My previous feats and prior poor posts mean jak. The facts are the clubs we fear the most are the C grade teams. Back in your box LK. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby norm11 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Q. wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Q. wrote:

40 mins is long enough.

Would you prefer travelling to Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni or Adelaide Uni twice? 40 mins is nothing.

Adelaide uni would be fine.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby X Runna » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Q. wrote:

Tis if you travel via Mitchell Park ;)
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Yank Man » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:40 pm

:D I would suspect that every club has some enomilies with the fixture. We can chat all day long but 'Bring on the season' can't wait. For me personally, I've never ever been to Houghton, so I can't wait to visit the place Is it anything like Yankalilla Q as in like a rural type community.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Pag » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:12 am

Yank Man wrote::D I would suspect that every club has some enomilies with the fixture. We can chat all day long but 'Bring on the season' can't wait. For me personally, I've never ever been to Houghton, so I can't wait to visit the place Is it anything like Yankalilla Q as in like a rural type community.

It definitely has the country footy ground feel to it.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby BFG » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:23 am

Yank Man wrote::D I would suspect that every club has some enomilies with the fixture. We can chat all day long but 'Bring on the season' can't wait. For me personally, I've never ever been to Houghton, so I can't wait to visit the place Is it anything like Yankalilla Q as in like a rural type community.

Just don't do anything that would draw the attention of the professional hecklers on top of the hill. I was dubbed "two sock twat" for wearing two pairs of socks so that my shinguard didn't rub on my ankle. The visitors showers are also quite "cosy". In saying that Q and the boys are all very accommodating and its good fun to go get a couple under the belt with them in the clubrooms before jumping on the bus back home, stopping off at the closest pub to fill up the eskys and getting home completely puzzled. Ahh the memories
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:50 am

and if you're lucky, you may have to shoo some wildlife and the odd sheep off the oval at half time...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby morell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:01 am

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:
morell wrote:North Pines will smash D7R surely???
give em a solution.
Sure. Play North Pines as an A Grade team.

Had to really scratch my head for that one.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:28 am

Yank Man wrote:If I recall marbles back in the dark ages, 2012 I believe, Tea Trea Gully, C's played Henley C''s in a prelim final with the winner to play Mitchell Park in the Grand Final. The 'invincible' MP won the GF by 4 goals. WTF has detonated in your back yards in 2 years. Except for sandbagging. :D
We all know C Grade sides have a long, successful and storied history in D7 (as well as D6 for that matter) and it's worked exceedingly well during that time. Why the league has decided to destroy the integrity of an entire division of football, to pander to a vocal very small minority, is absolutely baffling.

One of the most vivid memories of senior football that I have is Henley playing a cunning trick on us in a cut throat prelim at Edwardstown. The teams were reasonably evenly matched, we won the previous encounter with a kick after the siren - onya Lecky! We're all in the changerooms getting ready when one of our slightly gullible coaches storms in and declares that "HENLEY WANT TO POSTPONE THE GAME - THEY THINK THE GROUND IS TOO DRY AND WE WILL BE CUT TO PIECES!!!". Much discontent was bandied around our changeroom, arguments flared up about what to do and our preparation was massively distracted.

The ground was fine. Henley knew the ground was fine. They came out and kicked I think 7 goals in a row in the first quarter whilst we were staring at the grass. We ended up going down by 4 or 5 after the legendary Damien Bates kicked his 100th goal. Henley went on to push a powerful Paralowie side in the Grand Final and only lost by a kick or two I think.

There are countless great stories I could recall between A Grade and C Grade sides in D7. Our elimination final win against Athelstone in the mud with the last kick of the day. Some great SHOC battles - mostly losses. Our TTG rivalry a couple of year back. Henley stacking their side and rolling us in our only loss for the year. It's awesome fun and most of the time, very evenly matched. We love it because although we play "A" Grade we probably have a - much criticised - C Grade demographic and attitude in regards to professionalism and training, so we tend to get along alright and get some good games with C Graders.

The worst thing about this complete farce is the eventual premiers of this division are always going to have an asterix next to their flag. It will be a faux-flag really. That is a terrible thing to rob from a group of blokes that in all likelihood have been part of many a struggling season.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:55 am

Phht small minority?

For someone who claims to be a an engineer of statistics and a leader of data interpretation your backyard self endearing opinion is a delusional farce. No offence mate

You guys are the minority! About 6 clubs with less than 300 players between them, continually bringing the league more disarray each & every week, cos the "tail" of saafl's population cant keep their shit together and maintain 60 blokes in their list with or with cgrade bunnies supporting their survival

Meanwhile div 8 clubs and c1 clubs continue to lead the way providing nothing but excellence 1st for league staff as well as massive participation rates of at least 100 players per club, and you hav the ignorance to wonder why blue chip clubs come first in any business

Div 8 clubs bring certainty for the next 10 years, they get what they request

You MINORITY clubs cant even be certain of having 2 teams by round 10 and you want the league the to dent the prosperity of its driving engine clubs so 300 minorities can hav handicapped football matches every second week? Ain't going to happen anymore

Start working on a league wide template that's going to facilitate 7 pure agrade divisions that going to keep your club alive for next 10 years
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:00 am

Speaking from personal experience as to whether a C Grade should go up to Div 7 what we found to be a very real consideration was the drop in players eligible for selection from 25 to 21.

Having 8 less blokes getting a game of football each week was determined not to be in our best interests.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League