Seaton Ramblers
5%
Salisbury West
4%

Total votes : 73

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Postby bandar » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:03 pm

bandar wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:C'mon, don't tell me you lot wouldn't put a sneaky redback on him ;)

Scuddsy is now dealing (in theory) with better defenders, If Drew can constantly lead the div 1 goalkickers against the best defenders in the comp, I don't think the D3 full backs will trouble him that much, albeit him not getting any younger.

Handed us our arse a few times. If I was a betting man I'd be looking for value and subject to whats happened at the bays Tom Evans wouldn't be a bad bet.

Ok scratch that it looks like he's gone ok at the Bay since there's a clearance/permit in for him.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Jetters » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:37 am

Pag wrote:
beef wrote:
Pag wrote:I'll have a go.

Pembroke, PHOS, Old Ignatians, Golden Grove, Flinders Park.

Pembroke, PHOS, Athelstone, Flinders Park, Plympton
I'd be very surprised if Golden Grove played finals

I think Div 3 might not be as strong as it was last year on the whole. Seaton will drop away and miss the five (Loechel, Rochester, Leahy, Hynes were probably close to their four best, gone) Pembroke to win it for me, they were as good as any we saw last year.

I think Golden Grove will make finals for sure.

Pembroke are very talented, but flakey, they have also lost Starke for most of the year who is as good as anyone in the comp.

Agree with the esteemed Burras re the top 5, GG, PHOS, Flinders Park, Athelstone and Pembroke in no order. PHOS to win it.

More depth in the comp this year.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby BFG » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:32 am

Jetters wrote:
Pag wrote:
beef wrote:
Pag wrote:I'll have a go.

Pembroke, PHOS, Old Ignatians, Golden Grove, Flinders Park.

Pembroke, PHOS, Athelstone, Flinders Park, Plympton
I'd be very surprised if Golden Grove played finals

I think Div 3 might not be as strong as it was last year on the whole. Seaton will drop away and miss the five (Loechel, Rochester, Leahy, Hynes were probably close to their four best, gone) Pembroke to win it for me, they were as good as any we saw last year.

Pembroke are very talented, but flakey, they have also lost Starke for most of the year who is as good as anyone in the comp.

Agree with the esteemed Burras re the top 5, GG, PHOS, Flinders Park, Athelstone and Pembroke in no order. PHOS to win it.

More depth in the comp this year.

Hamish Gordon from Millicent will be a decent in for PHOS. Has been playing at the bay for the last two years and was very close to cracking reserves. Solidly built inside mid with good skills and still only 19. Was easily Millicent's best player last year when he travelled down to play when not playing for Glenelg.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby hollywood7477 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:59 pm

I think Div 3 might not be as strong as it was last year on the whole. Seaton will drop away and miss the five (Loechel, Rochester, Leahy, Hynes were probably close to their four best, gone) Pembroke to win it for me, they were as good as any we saw last year.[/quote]

More depth in the comp this year.[/quote]

Hamish Gordon from Millicent will be a decent in for PHOS. Has been playing at the bay for the last two years and was very close to cracking reserves. Solidly built inside mid with good skills and still only 19. Was easily Millicent's best player last year when he travelled down to play when not playing for Glenelg.[/quote]

wouldn't say that bout Gordon. was an overager at Glenelg and was no chance to make the reserves even with all the injuries. he wouldn't have played 18s if it wasn't for all the injuries that the seniors had. decision making lets him down. I would rate Soper a better player than Gordon
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Hefty » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:32 pm

Congrats to Matt Stent and Brock Castree making the final Crows Development Squad.....

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-03-12/d ... -finalised
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby BFG » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:15 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:I think Div 3 might not be as strong as it was last year on the whole. Seaton will drop away and miss the five (Loechel, Rochester, Leahy, Hynes were probably close to their four best, gone) Pembroke to win it for me, they were as good as any we saw last year.

More depth in the comp this year.[/quote]

Hamish Gordon from Millicent will be a decent in for PHOS. Has been playing at the bay for the last two years and was very close to cracking reserves. Solidly built inside mid with good skills and still only 19. Was easily Millicent's best player last year when he travelled down to play when not playing for Glenelg.[/quote]

Was told/saw different on the Glenelg front but that aside played very well in the western border and I'd imagine that would be a similar standard to division 3?

wouldn't say that bout Gordon. was an overager at Glenelg and was no chance to make the reserves even with all the injuries. he wouldn't have played 18s if it wasn't for all the injuries that the seniors had. decision making lets him down. I would rate Soper a better player than Gordon[/quote]
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 25 times

Postby BurraBoys » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:16 am

How did trials go over the weekend? Results?

Not much to report from us. We had an internal. Generally happy with how things looked for a first hit out. Boys look fit. Who doesn't at this time of year though.

We have Modbury under lights at Harpers on Saturday. Should be a good test. Cliche to so say the results doesn't matter at this time of year. Confident our best will knock them off.
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:31 am

I think Old Iggies knocked off Modbury on Satdy.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby laser » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:24 pm

Basket Weaver wrote:I think you will find Mitcham in the mix in the top 5...ruckman D.Hardy is running 4km worth of sprints every night and doing the odd bicep curl...word on the street is, he has a large vein popping out of the right bicep which he has named!!! Never seen the bloke looking so fit and robust! On another note his brother (competing in some sort of 12 week challenge) is under triple digits and also really fit! Wouldn't want to be playing on either of them!

My prediction for top 5 are in no order...Mitcham, golden grove, phos, flinders park and Pembroke.....the rest doesn't matter as Seaton and Plympton will be relegated!

Hey BW, how will the brother go sharing goals with DLister?
Good news on D Hardy, with all that action could be racking up a fair food bill!
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby BurraBoys » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:40 am

GG over Modbury by a few points.

Very fast paced game. Both sides a little under strength but a good hit out
Last edited by BurraBoys on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Magnum Force » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:49 pm

Plympton by about 10 goals against Hectorville today in the A grade trial about 25 goals in the ressies. Bloody hot today, fitness was tested out!
I'm kind of a big deal, people know me
Magnum Force
Rookie

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Fools Gold » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Anyone want to have a guess on how the D3 ressies will fare this season?
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Boosh » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Magnum Force wrote:Plympton by about 10 goals against Hectorville today in the A grade trial about 25 goals in the ressies. Bloody hot today, fitness was tested out!

How did Heccies look?
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Magnum Force » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:54 am

Boosh wrote:
Magnum Force wrote:Plympton by about 10 goals against Hectorville today in the A grade trial about 25 goals in the ressies. Bloody hot today, fitness was tested out!

How did Heccies look?

They moved the ball well at stages and there forwards made the most of the oppurtunities they had, the bottom half of there playing list in the a grade game didnt look great, but like everyone else they probably had a heap out.

Doesnt bode well for there depth if they are getting smashed by almost 30 goals in the ressies though.
I'm kind of a big deal, people know me
Magnum Force
Rookie

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:35 pm

Fools Gold wrote:Anyone want to have a guess on how the D3 ressies will fare this season?

You would think the teams around the mark would be Old Iggies, Golden Grove, Plympton, Pembroke then a chook raffle for the rest.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby afc9798 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Did Scott McKenzie play? Wish him well, was a magnificent servant for the Vikings.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Mr Onions » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:22 pm

afc9798 wrote:

Did Scott McKenzie play? Wish him well, was a magnificent servant for the Vikings.

Had a look at the Vikings last Saturday, a lot of big bodies have left that team and by the looks of it haven't been replaced
Mr Onions
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby DTH43 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:27 pm

afc9798 wrote:

Yes Macca played, started slow but was one of our best by the end of the game.
DTH43
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Sensational player ..... Better bloke. Will be a big asset for Plympton
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby S Demon » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:07 pm

Just got a text from someone at the GG v Kilbunt trial. Scudds just slotted through his 10th goal in the 2nd quarter :shock:
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League