14%
Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby morell » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Mitchell Park up by a cutla against OSB Lonsdale over 6 quarters.

Was a good hit out played in good spirits.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby cracka » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:04 pm

marbles wrote:Yeah so in div 3 the bye goes to golden grove, phos, Pembroke & athelstone first four rounds for example

If Salisbury west get put back in who gets the home game and then where does gg phos athelstones cgrade play on the same day and will it mean changes to the div 8 div c1 fixtures hav to be made to accommodate sals back in div 3

Butterfly effect

If you've ever done programming before you'd know how easy that is to work out, bit hard to explain from my phone however. Simple answer is there's a template where rd 1 the team with the bye is actually an away game then in rd 10 their bye is a home game (or maybe the other way around) & so on for the team who have the byes in rds 2 & 11, 3 & 12 etc. Actually don't think it would be too hard to work out but would need to see the templates used for a definitive answer.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Q. » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:43 pm

marbles wrote:too little too late for me...

# if North pines are calling for other players from other clubs to be fill ins, they might have looked impressive with J Lane up front but maybe its just pulled the wool over peoples eyes

# wingfield from my last visit to clearances havent had a single clearance listed, and theyre claiming to have 2 teams?

# making a 7 team Div 7r with 12 games now possibly 3 byes a week, is not what players who pay money to play really want from their money, and the likes of magoo morell would be seething at the idea of possibly a month off at a time throughout the season

# shifting salisbury west back up, IF they have 2 sides is only gonna mess with other div fixtures and then destroy social event plans already made by higher clubs

Jamie Lane played at full back. North Pines played with a lot of 2014 a-graders.

I spoke to a couple of our b-graders today and they said they'd rather play in an in evenly matched comp with a few byes, than have a-grade team in there belting everyone.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:53 pm

cracka wrote:
marbles wrote:Yeah so in div 3 the bye goes to golden grove, phos, Pembroke & athelstone first four rounds for example

If Salisbury west get put back in who gets the home game and then where does gg phos athelstones cgrade play on the same day and will it mean changes to the div 8 div c1 fixtures hav to be made to accommodate sals back in div 3

Butterfly effect

If you've ever done programming before you'd know how easy that is to work out, bit hard to explain from my phone however. Simple answer is there's a template where rd 1 the team with the bye is actually an away game then in rd 10 their bye is a home game (or maybe the other way around) & so on for the team who have the byes in rds 2 & 11, 3 & 12 etc. Actually don't think it would be too hard to work out but would need to see the templates used for a definitive answer.

dude i might be a simpleton & dumb as dog shit, i know how easy you can swap a bye for a team etc etc as before the bye there were ten 10 teams.

BUT there are other parties involved such as C-Grade matches whos home games would now be have to be moved, social event bookings that will be f##ked up because now what is a bye or a home game or an away game now isnt.

theres also now prearranged 3-match days that may need to be cancelled. all kinds of bullshit get arranged based on new fixtures, and you go changing shit around half the saafl will be affected :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby cracka » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:12 pm

marbles wrote:
cracka wrote:

Butterfly effect

dude i might be a simpleton & dumb as dog shit, i know how easy you can swap a bye for a team etc etc as before the bye there were ten 10 teams.

BUT there are other parties involved such as C-Grade matches whos home games would now be have to be moved, social event bookings that will be f##ked up because now what is a bye or a home game or an away game now isnt.

theres also now prearranged 3-match days that may need to be cancelled. all kinds of bullshit get arranged based on new fixtures, and you go changing shit around half the saafl will be affected :)

I seem to have upset you.
C grade games would not necessarily have to be moved (if a clubs C grade is playing away for e.g.). Like I said not sure how many clubs have functions on the weekend of a bye so that also not necessarily would effect any programming. As I said would need to look at it in more detail but sh!t don't think it's worth getting upset over, just making suggestions.
cracka
Veteran

Postby marbles » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:49 pm

cracka wrote:I seem to have upset you.
C grade games would not necessarily have to be moved (if a clubs C grade is playing away for e.g.). Like I said not sure how many clubs have functions on the weekend of a bye so that also not necessarily would effect any programming. As I said would need to look at it in more detail but sh!t don't think it's worth getting upset over, just making suggestions.

:) i might be wrong but to me as if it could just be so simple, bullshit will take over and then more bullshit will a have to suited to suit more bullshit :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:19 pm

and you're talking about C grade in the D7 thread when you were clearly instructed not to.

See ya pal.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby cracka » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:and you're talking about C grade in the D7 thread when you were clearly instructed not to.

See ya pal.

Discussion was more about programming coz of someone's suggestion that Salisbury West should be put back in div 3 if they could fill a 2nd side.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Yank Man » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Footy Chick wrote:and you're talking about C grade in the D7 thread when you were clearly instructed not to.

See ya pal.

:supz: :supz:

On the precedent thing, Brahma Lodge went from Div 4 to Div 5 and that decision was justified as they failed to win a game and went back to Div 6. They didn't go from 3 to 7 just 6 months after playing in a GF.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby panthers » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:03 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:too little too late for me...

# if North pines are calling for other players from other clubs to be fill ins, they might have looked impressive with J Lane up front but maybe its just pulled the wool over peoples eyes

# wingfield from my last visit to clearances havent had a single clearance listed, and theyre claiming to have 2 teams?

# making a 7 team Div 7r with 12 games now possibly 3 byes a week, is not what players who pay money to play really want from their money, and the likes of magoo morell would be seething at the idea of possibly a month off at a time throughout the season

# shifting salisbury west back up, IF they have 2 sides is only gonna mess with other div fixtures and then destroy social event plans already made by higher clubs

Jamie Lane played at full back. North Pines played with a lot of 2014 a-graders.

I spoke to a couple of our b-graders today and they said they'd rather play in an in evenly matched comp with a few byes, than have a-grade team in there belting everyone.

How did he go at full back Q ?
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Pag » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:50 am

Yank Man wrote:

See ya pal.

On the precedent thing, Brahma Lodge went from Div 4 to Div 5 and that decision was justified as they failed to win a game and went back to Div 6. They didn't go from 3 to 7 just 6 months after playing in a GF.

Or were they bailed out for not being able to manage their club in a sustainable manner?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby S Demon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:00 am

Yank Man wrote:

See ya pal.

Brahma Lodge went from Div 3 to Div 5 after making a GF
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:25 am

morell wrote:Mitchell Park up by a cutla against OSB Lonsdale over 6 quarters.

It will be another tough year for OSB i suspect based on that result
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby marbles » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:45 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:

it would be a tough year for any club whos oval is at the back of a high school and its clubrooms is a 20 metre long tin shed.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby adr107 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:18 am

marbles wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

it would be a tough year for any club whos oval is at the back of a high school and its clubrooms is a 20 metre long tin shed.

You can do great things with a tin shed...
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Just a bit different than playing in the lower divisions of the SAAFL. When you have a tin shed and play against some of the strongest footy clubs in the state and others who fork out around 100k per year for their senior side then it can get a little tough...
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby marbles » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:45 pm

Its an sfl topic but surely a relocation to a proper football oval of would do Lonsdale a world of good.

but well done Mighty Mitchell Park Lions! smashed em

Go Lions! MP Lions! Will kick the winning score!!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:14 pm

They'll be ok I think. We had some very handy ring ins who all played well. Also fielded a bit of a mixed A/B grade whereas they fielded a very young side for the first 3 quarters.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:52 pm

panthers wrote:How did he go at full back Q ?

He did pretty well down there apparently.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:41 pm

morell wrote:They'll be ok I think. We had some very handy ring ins who all played well. Also fielded a bit of a mixed A/B grade whereas they fielded a very young side for the first 3 quarters.

Two of the four country lads that played went ok, the rest were ours. Quite a few out playing cricket finals but the lads that filled in are high on our radar for recruitment if not this year then next. OSB had some good players and their ruckman is a big unit. Their downfall was the chip chip possession game they are trying to play. If they had taken the game on a bit the result would have been different.

Well done to them though, they had good support and have very loyal supporters and I must say its the first time in my many years of being involved in our great game that the host club in a trial game gave us a free slab and soft drinks after the game. For BOTH grades. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League