Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Snaparazzi » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:14 pm

This site runs on unsubstantiated rumour, without it there would be nothing to talk about. :)

What I understand is that Flaggies have built up a bit of a war chest and are trying to bring in the players (including ex-players) this year so that they are already at the club when the caps come in next year. Smart move I would suggest, invest now while there is a kind of open market and already have the players in their system when everyone is priced the same next year.[/quote]

You have a firm belief that will be adhered to?
Snaparazzi
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby BFG » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:07 am

Was informed last night our trial next weekend against Hackham has been scrapped due to lack of numbers on their part. Wasn't going to be a strict A's and B's trial I don't think so im quite surprised in march a month out from the first game that they would struggle to find 25 blokes to fill a side? Might be a long year for the hawks
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby vics01 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:56 am

BFG
Was informed last night our trial next weekend against Hackham has been scrapped due to lack of numbers on their part. Wasn't going to be a strict A's and B's trial I don't think so im quite surprised in march a month out from the first game that they would struggle to find 25 blokes to fill a side? Might be a long year for the hawks

Hawks have good numbers. New coach did not want more than 1 trial game.. Which is locked in for 21st March..
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby BFG » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:06 pm

vics01 wrote:
BFG

Hawks have good numbers. New coach did not want more than 1 trial game.. Which is locked in for 21st March..

Good to hear, message must have been mixed up along the line somewhere. I knew they had a few leave when the coach left so thought there might be some truth to it.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby words of wisdom » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:56 pm

BFG wrote:
vics01 wrote:
BFG

Good to hear, message must have been mixed up along the line somewhere. I knew they had a few leave when the coach left so thought there might be some truth to it.

They pulled the pin on the Myponga trial as well due to a lack of numbers...
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Secondsquare » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Vics 01 that is a piss week excuse ! That is totally disrespectful to everyone involved ,I don't care if hackam have changed coaches the club has made a comittment to another club, who prob has turned down other trials , and then you say they have plenty of numbers which makes it more ridiculous!The new coach must have no idea..And everyone reading should not commit a trial to them next year.If you have any pull down at the Hawks u should stand up and say this is a disgrace ! But then again I would say u have no idea as words of wisdom who is well respected said that mypo have been told the same thing, so someone from hawk land is talking crap..!
Secondsquare

Been liked: 4 times

Postby scottroo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:27 pm

Very dissapointed in hackham to be honest. But not much we can do about it
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times

Postby SJP » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:09 pm

vics01 wrote:
BFG

If they have such good numbers then why is the new A Grade coach calling players from other clubs. Word on the street Vic's 01 is that you are no longer down at Hackham.
SJP
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:32 pm

Any word when the U/18's program will be out?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:27 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Any word when the U/18's program will be out?

Was released today and then withdrawn, so who knows.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Front & Centre » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:36 am

I hear the SFL have brought in a rule allowing clubs to play a couple of overage players in the U18s. Presume this is to help clubs that cant field an 18s side
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Bulldogsculthero25 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:32 pm

Cant believe the SFL has "invented" a new rule like that....
Another move by SFL that is ridiculous.

on another note I'm looking for some u17s to play at my club so if you feel like you want a change msg me and ill give details. I wont poach just looking for young players who want a change of scenery.
Bulldogsculthero25
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Bulldogsculthero25 wrote:Cant believe the SFL has "invented" a new rule like that....
Another move by SFL that is ridiculous.

on another note I'm looking for some u17s to play at my club so if you feel like you want a change msg me and ill give details. I wont poach just looking for young players who want a change of scenery.

Not inventing, copying the SAAFL & SANFL. Stupid tho.

Now stop poaching our kids [emoji2]
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby shoe boy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:12 am

Front & Centre wrote:I hear the SFL have brought in a rule allowing clubs to play a couple of overage players in the U18s. Presume this is to help clubs that cant field an 18s side

But did not the clubs vote for a change to age groups? OH HANG ON!!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:52 am

shoe boy wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:I hear the SFL have brought in a rule allowing clubs to play a couple of overage players in the U18s. Presume this is to help clubs that cant field an 18s side

Some clubs were arguing against changing to U/17s because it would mean that 18 year olds would need to play against adults, the soccer mums brigade got their way.

Same clubs 6 months later vote for 19 year olds to be allowed to play against 16 & 17 year olds :?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Secondsquare » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Sounds like the same sort of crap that ruined association football! You have to have so many players under 21 , oh but if we get beaten we will change the rule the next year, and then if you have a doctors certificate you don't have to play and then no even if you have a certificate u get suspended ! If it's under 18 s it's under 18s if it's association its association how hard is it? Tom Watson was playing vfl at fifteen , dustin fletcher was playing afl while in high school , to parents who are worried about there kids getting hurt you are teaching them to be soft and they will never make it with the big boys !
Secondsquare

Been liked: 4 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Some clubs were arguing against changing to U/17s because it would mean that 18 year olds would need to play against adults, the soccer mums brigade got their way.

Same clubs 6 months later vote for 19 year olds to be allowed to play against 16 & 17 year olds :?

No it isn't for 19 year olds - it's for lads who are turning 18 during this season i.e. born between 01/01/97 and 31/12/97.
And is based on the same rules as SANFL - application needs to be made and approved before they can play
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:31 pm

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

No it isn't for 19 year olds - it's for lads who are turning 18 during this season i.e. born between 01/01/97 and 31/12/97.
And is based on the same rules as SANFL - application needs to be made and approved before they can play

Players turning 18 during the season are already eligible for U/18s. This is for players turning 19 during the year
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:47 pm

Yes you're correct LGIL Should read turning 19 during the year. It's based on SANFL rules.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Yank Man » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:57 pm

The Mitchell Park FC would like to thank Ross and all the club faithful at OSB/Lonsdale for a terrific trial game yesterday that was played in great spirit and a chance to blow out the cobwebs and proceed with both of our season's ahead. The way you guys went about it was great and hopefully the refreshments you cordially supplied after both games was recouped when we all came in to your club rooms afterwards. Good luck in 2015 and May another 'Lions' team climb the ladder. Cheers
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL