ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:05 pm

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brumbies wrote:Anyone know what happened in the LO6 match between ICC and Brahma Lodge ?
MyCricket has ICC making 4/198, Brahma Lodge 1/41 off 6 in reply with ICC winning on forfeit.
I

Word on the street was that ICC appealed for a caught behind, it wasn't given so they uprooted the stumps and walked off.

I also heard that they bring their own set of rules too.

Most self supplied umpire games are generally ok.

But certainly someone has some serious explanations to give and most other clubs would surely sort it out after the game with the ATCA.

I filled in for a low grade game on the weekend against a team very well noted for their umpiring. There was no surprises that LBW's were taken out of the book and a clear stumping was overlooked, one dude made 50 odd but was out 3 times so nobody said a thing on his way off, his counterpart who made 30 odd and walked after he edged it behind got the "well batted".
They were deplorable when they had to field, one bloke even appealed for a handled ball when the batsman picked it up and tossed it to him to save him a bit of a walk, he was serious too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Brumbies » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brumbies wrote:Anyone know what happened in the LO6 match between ICC and Brahma Lodge ?
MyCricket has ICC making 4/198, Brahma Lodge 1/41 off 6 in reply with ICC winning on forfeit.
I

Word on the street was that ICC appealed for a caught behind, it wasn't given so they uprooted the stumps and walked off.

I also heard that they bring their own set of rules too.

We played this team about 6 weeks ago and it was the least enjoyable game of cricket I have ever played in.
Any ball that hit the pads or went near an outside edge, they would appeal full on, then carry on like we were massive cheats if we gave it not out.

A few very heated arguments between our batsmen / umpires and some of their players. Probably lucky it didn't get physical a couple times.
Brumbies

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:21 pm

On the flip side, I thought the Trinity v Pooraka game on the weekend was played in great spirits.
Same as last time when we lost.

Only problem is that postage stamp oval. I don't enjoy playing there - although the afternoon teas are pretty good. ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bloods08 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:29 pm

The same thing happens most times we play ICC in any grade (and other teams comment the same). Poor umpiring and scorebook errors, etc. When you complain they play the racist card despite it not being about race
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby bloods08 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:On the flip side, I thought the Trinity v Pooraka game on the weekend was played in great spirits.

Only problem is that postage stamp oval. I don't enjoy playing there - although the afternoon teas are pretty good. ;)

Yeah agree our oval ain't great unfortunately but our afternoon teas are definitely one of the better ones.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Brumbies » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:On the flip side, I thought the Trinity v Pooraka game on the weekend was played in great spirits.

Yeah, it was one of the more enjoyable 9 wickets belting a I've been involved in ;)
Those do or die type matches can get too serious at times but Saturdays was good.
Most of our games in that grade this year have been played in good spirits.

I agree on the oval, if we have a fifth side next season, hopefully we can find a bigger oval to use.
As for the afternoon teas, Gepps cross did them for us, so well done to them.
Brumbies

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:47 pm

Brumbies wrote:

Yeah, it was one of the more enjoyable 9 wickets belting a I've been involved in ;)
Those do or die type matches can get too serious at times but Saturdays was good.
Most of our games in that grade this year have been played in good spirits.

I agree on the oval, if we have a fifth side next season, hopefully we can find a bigger oval to use.
As for the afternoon teas, Gepps cross did them for us, so well done to them.

A nine-wicket win was not how I envisaged that game going. Particularly early on when your opener was making hay.
It was funny, it never felt like a do or die game. A good thing at that level.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:54 pm

I spotted a few footy names around the place as well, on Saturday.

Obviously there was the Magarey medallist playing in the LO6 game, but also an original Crow was watching on. While another Magarey medallist was floating around the footy club.

And...SAAFL supporters would have been delighted to see Gino Capogreco hanging around the Gepps Cross players as they warmed up for their match.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:09 pm

bloods08 wrote:The same thing happens most times we play ICC in any grade (and other teams comment the same). Poor umpiring and scorebook errors, etc. When you complain they play the racist card despite it not being about race

Pretty much the general consensus from the conversation I overheard about them.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:10 pm

I had to enter the mycricket scores for our LO6 game vs ICC earlier this season, and I kid you not, I simply could not decifer what the score was, I had to get one of the players to try and re-hash what happened because it was that messy..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Brumbies » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I spotted a few footy names around the place as well, on Saturday.

Obviously there was the Magarey medallist playing in the LO6 game, but also an original Crow was watching on. While another Magarey medallist was floating around the footy club.

And...SAAFL supporters would have been delighted to see Gino Capogreco hanging around the Gepps Cross players as they warmed up for their match.

I did like the comment one of your openers made when our gully fieldsman told him The keeper had won a Magarey medal - something like "That's no big deal, my dad came second in one of those "

We figured his dad may of been Scott Lee, who could of also been the original crow watching on ??
Brumbies

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:20 pm

Brumbies wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I spotted a few footy names around the place as well, on Saturday.

I did like the comment one of your openers made when our gully fieldsman told him The keeper had won a Magarey medal - something like "That's no big deal, my dad came second in one of those "

We figured his dad may of been Scott Lee, who could of also been the original crow watching on ??

That's a pretty good reply if it so.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Brumbies wrote:

Spot on ;)

Funnily, enough we had the son of another former Centrals player out there for us and a current Bulldog watching from the sidelines.
The other Magarey Medal winner I saw on the day was Gilbert McAdam.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Can't believe the ATCA continue to persist with ICCSA. They are terrible. Kick them out and ban the players.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Trader wrote:Can't believe the ATCA continue to persist with ICCSA. They are terrible. Kick them out and ban the players.

Do other clubs complain to the ATCA or just amongst themselves?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Some do, others don't.

Often ICC are so bad players from the other team start to misbehave as well, then they stay quiet at the end of the day cause they don't want to get in trouble themselves.
ICC aren't afraid to play the race card, and when it's one persons word against the other, the Turf have been known to suspend the player accused of racism due to CA's zero tolerance policy.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Brumbies » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:46 pm

Trader wrote:Some do, others don't.

Often ICC are so bad players from the other team start to misbehave as well, then they stay quiet at the end of the day cause they don't want to get in trouble themselves.
ICC aren't afraid to play the race card, and when it's one persons word against the other, the Turf have been known to suspend the player accused of racism due to CA's zero tolerance policy.

A couple people at our club suggested we put in an official complaint after our match, but I didn't because I didn't think anything would come from it.
I think I gave them a 1 out on 10 on the captains report for behaviour. Never heard anything from ATCA enquiring about it, but I guess when you have over 100 captains reports each match to check, you probably don't get to them all.
Brumbies

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:54 pm

Brumbies wrote:
Trader wrote:Some do, others don't.

A couple people at our club suggested we put in an official complaint after our match, but I didn't because I didn't think anything would come from it.
I think I gave them a 1 out on 10 on the captains report for behaviour. Never heard anything from ATCA enquiring about it, but I guess when you have over 100 captains reports each match to check, you probably don't get to them all.

If it's that bad. Put in a scathing report and follow up with a phone call....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby dukes of hazard » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:06 pm

5 or 6 years ago we played iccsa at glenunga arvo tea consisted of a bag of apples and plain rice crackers. On the first week we dismissed them for about 100 and passed them on the first day. The next week they had 3 or 4 different players roll up they tried to
Open the bowlin with a guy with long black hair who bowled left arm we questioned who he was and they said the opener from last week funnily enough the opener from the previous week was short bald and right handed!! We declared about 200 infront at tea at which time 4 or 5 of the team left!! It's not a new problem a law under them selfs!
dukes of hazard
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Brumbies » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:50 pm

Brumbies

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps