Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Postby Paid cricketer » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:25 pm

Results from today?

Dropped into the Nuri v GV game and looks as if GV might get up here, GV knocked nuri over for 140ish and are 3/80 odd in reply.

Heard a rumour kapunda are flogging centrals?? This might mean Centrals will go down next year.
Paid cricketer
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Nuriootpa

Postby norm11 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:54 am

Paid cricketer wrote:Results from today?

Dropped into the Nuri v GV game and looks as if GV might get up here, GV knocked nuri over for 140ish and are 3/80 odd in reply.

Heard a rumour kapunda are flogging centrals?? This might mean Centrals will go down next year.

Sandy 144 south 2 for 6.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby scud » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:10 am

Paid cricketer wrote:Results from today?

Ango 6/257 on a slowish Freeling oval.
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby jakovasaurus » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:40 pm

"Slowish" is as quick as it gets.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby all rounder » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:31 pm

all the best lads on the final day of the minor round
all rounder
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:06 am

Congrats to GV on staying up, bet most of the comp is more than happy to see GC relegated.
Ango really flexing their muscles at the business end of the season, will go in as favourites and very hard to stop. They should account for Sandy easily who are in a real bad patch of form currently, just dont make enough runs to cause them any trouble IMO. McLean will need a big 100 to get them anywhere near Ango.
Sensing there could be an upset in the other semi, Kapunda playing some good cricket at the minute and Freeling dont look to be at the best but we all know if everything clicks they are unstopable. Will be a cracking semi, any ideas of venues yet?
Good luck to all sides in all grades, lets hope we get some great weather over the next few weeks and see some good cricket.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:58 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Congrats to GV on staying up, bet most of the comp is more than happy to see GC relegated.
Ango really flexing their muscles at the business end of the season, will go in as favourites and very hard to stop. They should account for Sandy easily who are in a real bad patch of form currently, just dont make enough runs to cause them any trouble IMO. McLean will need a big 100 to get them anywhere near Ango.
Sensing there could be an upset in the other semi, Kapunda playing some good cricket at the minute and Freeling dont look to be at the best but we all know if everything clicks they are unstopable. Will be a cracking semi, any ideas of venues yet?
Good luck to all sides in all grades, lets hope we get some great weather over the next few weeks and see some good cricket.

Looks like Ango v SC @ Kap and Freeling v Kap @ SC
Reckon your summary could be spot on RR, Kapunda can be a bit dodgy with the bat but if they can make enough they can knock over Freeling.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby scud » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:28 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Congrats to GV on staying up, bet most of the comp is more than happy to see GC relegated.

Looks like Ango v SC @ Kap and Freeling v Kap @ SC
Reckon your summary could be spot on RR, Kapunda can be a bit dodgy with the bat but if they can make enough they can knock over Freeling.

Yep, two cracking Semi's this weekend,

Interesting I had heard that Ango v SC game was going to be at stockwell but Sandy weren't happy with this. Everyone says we get a good run with having a "connection" on Assoc. Committee but I guess it works both ways with having connections on the execs comes in handy too.

We are happy to play anywhere.
scud
Under 16s

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:50 pm

Baiting hooks already Scud?
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby happyhawk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:15 am

Yep, two cracking Semi's this weekend,

Interesting I had heard that Ango v SC game was going to be at stockwell but Sandy weren't happy with this. Everyone says we get a good run with having a "connection" on Assoc. Committee but I guess it works both ways with having connections on the execs comes in handy too.

We are happy to play anywhere.[/quote]

Theres only one thing wrong with Stockwell and thats nothing! although after playing at Nuri the last few weeks id say that it should be considered for the GF. Glad we snuck over the line Saturday, its been a pretty ordinary year for us. I do feel for doof though as hes had a bloody good year with the bat and for them to get relegated is tough on him. I cant go past Ango and freeling this week, Kapunda in good form but hearing joey brown and a couple of others may be unavailable which will hurt. Sandy will need a big score from Mclean but their bowling is strong and if Hill grabs a few early ones its game on. Should be a couple of great games of cricket.
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby Slowey » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:06 am

Stockwell - Great Deck, Anyone not keen on playing there must have rocks in their head. Value for shots and has always had something for the bowlers early.
If Scud is trying to play mind games and there is any truth to this – Sandy get over it.
Finals Cricket can produce strange results. I like the underdogs this week.
Kapunda to beat Freeling – Freeling not as dominant as previous years – Still have enough fire power with the bat – It’s the bowling side of things that worries me with them – Kapunda bat just about the entire way down the order – The smokey to win the Grand Final.
Kapunda would need all players available – Joey Brown would be a massive out if he cannot play.
Sandy Creek to beat Angaston – Seem to have matched up well against them this year – Looking at the results for both times they have meet Sandy have won well – Means very little come Saturday but it’s amazing what some confidence can do.
Both teams have good bowling options – I don’t see this being won with massive scores. Good luck to all involved.
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby james07 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:32 am

let me put this to bed now at no stage does Sandy give a damm where we play! and please scud explain more to your accusation.
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:03 am

Yeah Scud we're happy to lose anywhere
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Postby scud » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:03 am

sorry lads, was just stirring Mr fuller from a few Texts on Sat Night but never got a bite.

No Fun. ;)

Really respect sandy and actually all teams in this years final race so i think its anyones, but hopefully ours!!!!
scud
Under 16s

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Mr Fuller would've turned his phone off after dropping Trez on 7, went on to make a 100. The rule is 24hrs of sledging and after me and Hilly hit him with 20 odd texts in less than a minute he may have turned it off
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Postby all rounder » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:08 pm

a new segment billy's bake
all rounder
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby Paid cricketer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:31 am

Looking Forward to this weeks matches. If i can get out of Umpiring a lower grade then ill be heading to Kapunda for sure.
Think this is by far the match of the finals, both sides very evenally matched and both have some of the comps best sledges, ie. Fuller for Sandy, and well you cant go past the Burgess brothers for Ango.

Ill go Sandy in a close one but will back the Burgess's in the "sledge off"
Paid cricketer
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Nuriootpa

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:06 pm

I understand a Lyndoch player has been suspended in the A1R comp, just wondered what would warrant a suspension in cricket?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby james07 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:06 pm

just a guess but i think they didnt abide by the new rule that was created this season. i.e. playing a players in a lower grade when the high team has a bye without prior approval from the BLCA.(the lyndoch Rule).
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:24 pm

james07 wrote:just a guess but i think they didnt abide by the new rule that was created this season. i.e. playing a players in a lower grade when the high team has a bye without prior approval from the BLCA.(the lyndoch Rule).

And the same player has already done it once earlier in the year and been warned
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3535 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps