HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Legs Man » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:02 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:Injuries undeniably play a huge part and tests depth. My Tiges have already suffered a season ender to one of our key players, needless to say Skinsy and the entire Club's shattered, he's a great fella. What makes our game so good though is the void presents an opportunity for a youngster to step up which is exciting.

Chopper - Sounds like you're treating round 1 as win at all costs, I don't see it that way mate, although it would be nice to knock off the reigning premiers, I think we need to work out how to salute come the pointy end. Previous seasons we've been 7-0 and 8-0 (or thereabouts) and dropped away. Don't win flags in April my friend...

Always bad to hear of injuries at this time of year and my thoughts go out to any player who suffers this type of situation.

We were extremely lucky last year with injuries as our depth wasn't great - and a clubs luck only runs for so long.

Mt Barker copped it most IMO - then Lobey in the finals.

Every year is different but this year is shaping up to be one of the most even and anticipated in recent HFL history.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:06 pm

Legs Man wrote:
Yellow & Black wrote:Injuries undeniably play a huge part and tests depth. My Tiges have already suffered a season ender to one of our key players, needless to say Skinsy and the entire Club's shattered, he's a great fella. What makes our game so good though is the void presents an opportunity for a youngster to step up which is exciting.

Chopper - Sounds like you're treating round 1 as win at all costs, I don't see it that way mate, although it would be nice to knock off the reigning premiers, I think we need to work out how to salute come the pointy end. Previous seasons we've been 7-0 and 8-0 (or thereabouts) and dropped away. Don't win flags in April my friend...

Always bad to hear of injuries at this time of year and my thoughts go out to any player who suffers this type of situation.

We were extremely lucky last year with injuries as our depth wasn't great - and a clubs luck only runs for so long.

Every year is different but this year is shaping up to be one of the most even and anticipated in recent HFL history.

I reckon we copped it more than anyone. Had 19 out injured (plus 2 overseas) at one stage, 10 who played A's in the 1st round I think.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Legs Man » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:09 pm

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

I reckon we copped it more than anyone. Had 19 out injured (plus 2 overseas) at one stage, 10 who played A's in the 1st round I think.

Wow Cracka - didn't realise!
How are you shaping up this season?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Legs Man wrote:
cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Wow Cracka - didn't realise!
How are you shaping up this season?

I don't have a lot to do with the senior side of things but I think we've lost a couple of very handy big men (French & Smith) & some fringe A graders. Ins are what's been talked about on here so will be around the same as last year when not affected by injuries I'd imagine. We were quite competitive towards the end of the year when we had the majority of players back.
cracka
Veteran

Postby chopper7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:19 pm

I would have thought every game is win at all cost Y & B? Don't go out there at 2:30 every Saturday to come second do you, whether it be April or September.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:26 pm

Does anyone have a trial game this weekend at a hills venue.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Yellow & Black » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:07 am

Obviously winning's very important Chop, but you're cocky post concerns me, perhaps you're a B grader where we've "smashed" Echunga in the past. Their A's had the edge over us last year, and don't think they'll be going backwards this season, expecting significant improvement across ALL their grades thanks to to their bottomless pit of money to fund junior subs etc etc. Worried the mighty Tigers could be sitting bottom of the Club Shield after round 1. Hope I'm wrong!

If I'm not mistaken Lobey heads to Yankalilla this weekend then Barossa the next. 2 away trials cracka.

Legs - Round 1 should be a beauty, looking forward to it. Make sure the canteen and bar are well stocked.
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Alaska » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:52 am

Sorry cracka we are playing Broadview at Woodville South on Sunday.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby cracka » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Alaska wrote:Sorry cracka we are playing Broadview at Woodville South on Sunday.

Yeah, we are at Jervois this weekend A's & B's only then playing Imps at Balhannah the following week, full club day.
cracka
Veteran

Postby chopper7 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:54 pm

[quote="Yellow & Black"]Obviously winning's very important Chop, but you're cocky post concerns me, perhaps you're a B grader where we've "smashed" Echunga in the past. Their A's had the edge over us last year, and don't think they'll be going backwards this season, expecting significant improvement across ALL their grades thanks to to their bottomless pit of money to fund junior subs etc etc. Worried the mighty Tigers could be sitting bottom of the Club Shield after round 1. Hope I'm wrong!

If I'm not mistaken Lobey heads to Yankalilla this weekend then Barossa the next. 2 away trials cracka.

Legs - Round 1 should be a beauty, looking forward to it. Make sure the canteen and bar are well stocked.[/
Last edited by chopper7 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby flanker » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:59 pm

cracka wrote:Does anyone have a trial game this weekend at a hills venue.

Lofty playing Morphett Vale on Sunday arvo at Heathfield
flanker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby running defender » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:43 pm

I think its called sponsorship and fundraising. Any truth bridgy been given 13pts, when there only ment to have 9 sounds like another backdoor decision.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Panther32 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Sorry to go back to the points allocation but I haven't been on here for a while.
I can see why Echunga would be asking questions in regards to points allocation.
Say a club has 8 points and wins the Hills Country League and comes up to Central, they technically should be allocated the most points possible as the Country league is deemed inferior.
If Echunga were not allocated those max points then technically it is going to effect their average.
But if they were for example given 15 points and then go on to win the Premiership as they did, is this years allocation based on average of their last 3 years so they would probably go down to 10 points?
I can also see why it should be that every team should have the same points because of the promotion/relegation system but then there is an argument based on the size of the town the club is based in. Mt Barker would have a population of around 31,000 whereas Echunga has a population of just over 1,000 people. Surely the clubs like Mt Barker would have a lot more kids coming through their club and a higher chance of getting better players just based on the law of averages???
I can see why the Hills League is in a pickle when it comes to allocation.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby qwerty » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:27 am

Agree Panther32, this is why they should just can the system or simply allocate every club x points (I Think the Mid West Coast League has adopted this). There is always going to be movement between clubs and leagues for various reasons. Imagine you wanted to play with some mates in the twilight of your career only to be told sorry we can only take/play two of you and someone has to miss out, just another example of how rules and over regulation is creeping into our society. Why should people be denied this?

I know of some clubs in various leagues have had blokes move to the local area and walk in off the street with no active recruiting and had to say sorry mate unless you want to play B-grade you wont be able to play for us, maybe try the next club or the next town.
qwerty
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Legs Man » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:25 am

Surely Bridgey only get 9 points if going down to the lower league - and Mt Lofty get maximum points coming up (even though this didn't occur last year with Echunga coming up)

If the HFL are now implementing Div 1 & Div 2 then this must be the way the formula is derived with Div 2 counted as the lower division and of lesser value when wins are counted.

This is another example that the system is broken regarding relegation within the HFL.

When will common sense prevail and all clubs be allocated the same apps points allowing for an equitable and fair playing field?

The same applies to the relegation points where the 2 main sides - being S/Colts & A grade - aren't weighted as the most valuable when these 2 sides are the pinnacle of junior and senior footy.

Decision making and league makeup continues to amaze me with this competition - and without a full "clean sweep" (as the SACA also requires) - it seems we will be constantly hamstrung in moving our league forward.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby shake'n'bake » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:22 am

Legs Man please STFU

EVERYONE is sick to death of the HFL bashing.

The points system is working IMO, i honestly believe it has evened things out. It still plays into the hands of the clubs like your own with DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP pockets, but no system will ever change that.

I was a massive Echunga fan for what they were able to do last year until you got on here and started ranting. You had every right to challenge as the rule was poorly written and the correct judgement was handed down. So move on, and like others have said, spend your energy making the competition stronger. Not taking every opportunity to tarnish the best country football league in SA.
shake'n'bake
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Legs Man » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:04 am

shake'n'bake wrote:Legs Man please STFU

The points system is working IMO, i honestly believe it has evened things out. It still plays into the hands of the clubs like your own with DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP pockets, but no system will ever change that.

I was a massive Echunga fan for what they were able to do last year until you got on here and started ranting. You had every right to challenge as the rule was poorly written and the correct judgement was handed down. So move on, and like others have said, spend your energy making the competition stronger. Not taking every opportunity to tarnish the best country football league in SA.

I am entitled to an opinion - as everyone here is!

It seems that the system is still flawed with respect to points allocation - particularly between Div 1 & Div 2.

Certainly not trying to tarnish the competition but trying to convey the things that need attention for us to be better.

Apologies extended if it is seen as HFL bashing as that is not my intention - but it is hard not to sometimes after past decisions.( I do get slightly carried away as you know)

Remuneration by EFC is certainly in line with most other clubs in Div 1 - and below some also - so that is a moot point.

Fully realise some of my comments can draw negative reaction and sometimes positive reaction - and as a forum for topical discussion this is the place to voice them.

You need to see my comments for what they are and stop seeing them as totally Echunga biased - as the majority are league overall based.
E.g. points for Bridgey and Mt Lofty, all clubs having even points allocated, making the pinnacle sides worth more club points, creating an even playing field, rewarding clubs with best facilities with finals matches etc etc.

Ultimately I only want the comp to be stronger and better as I am a passionate supporter and actually have some good mates at other Hills clubs - believe it or not!

I also look forward to seeing you at the footy - so please seek me out when visiting Echunga - as I would be pleased to buy you a beer (even you Chopper)

Obviously my comments wont change the HFL or clubs views - so moving on and hoping this season is a great one.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby lovethefooty » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:45 am

can anyone confirm that skinner from Lobethal has done his knee.
no good when a long term injury happens. he looked like a very good player from what I saw!!
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Legs Man wrote:

It seems that the system is still flawed with respect to points allocation - particularly between Div 1 & Div 2.

Certainly not trying to tarnish the competition but trying to convey the things that need attention for us to be better.

Apologies extended if it is seen as HFL bashing as that is not my intention - but it is hard not to sometimes after past decisions.( I do get slightly carried away as you know)

Remuneration by EFC is certainly in line with most other clubs in Div 1 - and below some also - so that is a moot point.

Fully realise some of my comments can draw negative reaction and sometimes positive reaction - and as a forum for topical discussion this is the place to voice them.

You need to see my comments for what they are and stop seeing them as totally Echunga biased - as the majority are league overall based.
E.g. points for Bridgey and Mt Lofty, all clubs having even points allocated, making the pinnacle sides worth more club points, creating an even playing field, rewarding clubs with best facilities with finals matches etc etc.

Ultimately I only want the comp to be stronger and better as I am a passionate supporter and actually have some good mates at other Hills clubs - believe it or not!

I also look forward to seeing you at the footy - so please seek me out when visiting Echunga - as I would be pleased to buy you a beer (even you Chopper)

Obviously my comments wont change the HFL or clubs views - so moving on and hoping this season is a great one.

It's not so much against what you say, it's how many times you've posted the same comments. Almost as if you copy & paste once a week. We know your opinion on the points issue, don't have to bring it up every second post you make.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Legs Man » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:17 pm

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

It's not so much against what you say, it's how many times you've posted the same comments. Almost as if you copy & paste once a week. We know your opinion on the points issue, don't have to bring it up every second post you make.

Cheers Cracka - understand - and look forward to a beer with you too!
Legs Man
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy