HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby chopper7 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:22 pm

lovethefooty wrote:can anyone confirm that skinner from Lobethal has done his knee.
no good when a long term injury happens. he looked like a very good player from what I saw!!

Yes, can confirm the poor lad has done his ACL meaning full reco. Sad news and everyone is devasted for him.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby running defender » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:17 am

Last sunday Mt barker had some big boys running around showing a bit of aggression. I reckon blocky might have them fired up, after the disappointment of going out in straight sets. Have heard skinner went down with the ACL not good, he gave us a bit of trouble with his pace and agility. Scrap the points system it reaards mediocrity. If its meant to even out then why have Uraidla played in the last six grand finals, why haven't T/V, Ironbank or bridgy finished in the top 3 in the last 6 or 7 years. ?
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby batmanbegins » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:39 am

running defender wrote:Last sunday Mt barker had some big boys running around showing a bit of aggression. I reckon blocky might have them fired up, after the disappointment of going out in straight sets. Have heard skinner went down with the ACL not good, he gave us a bit of trouble with his pace and agility. Scrap the points system it reaards mediocrity. If its meant to even out then why have Uraidla played in the last six grand finals, why haven't T/V, Ironbank or bridgy finished in the top 3 in the last 6 or 7 years. ?

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if he does, I think we forget just how good they were for the previous three years when they barely lost any games (unfortunately just two GF's) and with no injuries this year they will be very hard to beat especially with Obushak returning and some handy pick ups.

Horrid news regarding Skinner, top footballer and wish him all the best in his recovery.

I agree the points should be scrapped but I think what Uraidla have done so well is keep their recruits for many years which has given them the ability to add players over the years as their older imports become one pointers. Compare that to Ironbank for example, we have recruited a lot of players for a year or two which really doesnt help the club in the long term and your basically just getting 3 or 4 new players each year which replace the ones you have lost from the previous year. Tv are similar having had a lot of one and done players but they have been a little smarter getting young players like Giadresco to hang around for a while. Bridgy after years of wasting money had finally recruited some good people that had been hanging around for a few years in Curkpatrick, barber and fosdike and they appear to moving in the right direction. Basically the key is holding onto your recruits for a long period, although im sure the success at Uraidla has made it easier for them to stay.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby magpiemaster » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:54 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
running defender wrote:Last sunday Mt barker had some big boys running around showing a bit of aggression. I reckon blocky might have them fired up, after the disappointment of going out in straight sets. Have heard skinner went down with the ACL not good, he gave us a bit of trouble with his pace and agility. Scrap the points system it reaards mediocrity. If its meant to even out then why have Uraidla played in the last six grand finals, why haven't T/V, Ironbank or bridgy finished in the top 3 in the last 6 or 7 years. ?

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if he does, I think we forget just how good they were for the previous three years when they barely lost any games (unfortunately just two GF's) and with no injuries this year they will be very hard to beat especially with Obushak returning and some handy pick ups.

Horrid news regarding Skinner, top footballer and wish him all the best in his recovery.

I agree the points should be scrapped but I think what Uraidla have done so well is keep their recruits for many years which has given them the ability to add players over the years as their older imports become one pointers. Compare that to Ironbank for example, we have recruited a lot of players for a year or two which really doesnt help the club in the long term and your basically just getting 3 or 4 new players each year which replace the ones you have lost from the previous year. Tv are similar having had a lot of one and done players but they have been a little smarter getting young players like Giadresco to hang around for a while. Bridgy after years of wasting money had finally recruited some good people that had been hanging around for a few years in Curkpatrick, barber and fosdike and they appear to moving in the right direction. Basically the key is holding onto your recruits for a long period, although im sure the success at Uraidla has made it easier for them to stay.

Clubs that have stable squads are always going to have more success, clubs like Uraidla and Mt Barker don't have mass exodus like some of the other clubs in this league. You have a side that's a gelled unit vs sides that swap and change 6 to 7 players a year it makes a big difference. I think many clubs are starting to see this and being much smarter with their recruiting. For me the point system works if clubs are smart in the way they use it.
magpiemaster
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:40 am

Heard that Lobey got touched up by Yank on the weekend. Were you there Chopper7?
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:21 pm

flanker wrote:
cracka wrote:Does anyone have a trial game this weekend at a hills venue.

Lofty playing Morphett Vale on Sunday arvo at Heathfield

How did both teams go?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby flanker » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:
flanker wrote:
cracka wrote:Does anyone have a trial game this weekend at a hills venue.

Lofty playing Morphett Vale on Sunday arvo at Heathfield

How did both teams go?

Got there at 1/4 time of the A's, Morphett Vale would have won comfortably (no score board) and looked fast and well drilled which Lofty struggled to compete with. Hard to read into Lofty as they had a large number of regulars not playing but they look badly be lacking height and a key forward. Also copped some nasty injuries including Miles taken off on a stretcher with what looked like an ankle injury. Lofty host Meningie this Sat so will be interesting to see if the side is much different.
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby always there » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:Heard that Lobey got touched up by Yank on the weekend. Were you there Chopper7?

Yes they got touched up but played a good number of youngsters up from 17's and at least 8-9 a graders not playing on Saturday. Not a good test of their level. You seem quite negative for a tiger supporter yellow and black. Where is you positivity towards YOUR tigers. Were you there mate?
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:35 pm

always there wrote:
Yellow & Black wrote:Heard that Lobey got touched up by Yank on the weekend. Were you there Chopper7?

Yes they got touched up but played a good number of youngsters up from 17's and at least 8-9 a graders not playing on Saturday. Not a good test of their level. You seem quite negative for a tiger supporter yellow and black. Where is you positivity towards YOUR tigers. Were you there mate?

Hehe 8 or 9 players [emoji2]
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby always there » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:42 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
always there wrote:

Yes correct, lgil don't understand your he he.. Not that I care about your comments but for example.. Baust, t Jenkin, wills, pappageorgiou, aufderheide, a couple of new recruits, plus a few A graders playing B grade as they are returning from injury.
always there
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:02 pm

always there wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
always there wrote:

Yes correct, lgil don't understand your he he.. Not that I care about your comments but for example.. Baust, t Jenkin, wills, pappageorgiou, aufderheide, a couple of new recruits, plus a few A graders playing B grade as they are returning from injury.

Longstanding joke that every team that loses a trial game has 8 players out. Face it every team has 8 or more players out during a trial game, not just the losers. In that way the results are more a guide to depth than anything else
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Windbag » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:37 pm

I wasn't sure who won, no scoreboard operating, unless 99.99 to 0.0 was the score down at Yank. Yellow and Black you're obviously a troll, nick off
Windbag
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby words of wisdom » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:03 pm

Watched the game between Yank & Lobey - Lobey got touched up in the first half but it looked fairly even after that. Yank probably had 4-5 good A graders missing that I could see. Number 60 for Lobey looked fairly handy.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby running defender » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Looks like Jarman has had a clean out Kruse and Daniels gone. Whats the HFL going to do with Kangarilla, i know just let Hahndorf, Mt barker, blackwood and mt lofty fix it, they seem to be able to do what ever they want. Maybe they could amalgamate all there left over players and play as one and send another draw in to suit themselves.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Spiderman » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Tim Jenkin not present at loby v yank. Rumour is he is heading to meadows to help out his dad!!
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby always there » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:57 pm

Spiderman wrote:Tim Jenkin not present at loby v yank. Rumour is he is heading to meadows to help out his dad!!

Same rumor every year Spider-Man. Think you will find he was there but not playing on the day. Good try at stirring the pot.
always there
Rookie

Postby always there » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:58 pm

running defender wrote:Looks like Jarman has had a clean out Kruse and Daniels gone. Whats the HFL going to do with Kangarilla, i know just let Hahndorf, Mt barker, blackwood and mt lofty fix it, they seem to be able to do what ever they want. Maybe they could amalgamate all there left over players and play as one and send another draw in to suit themselves.

Kruse was a handy player. Signed elsewhere?
Last edited by always there on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
always there
Rookie

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:20 pm

running defender wrote:Looks like Jarman has had a clean out Kruse and Daniels gone. Whats the HFL going to do with Kangarilla, i know just let Hahndorf, Mt barker, blackwood and mt lofty fix it, they seem to be able to do what ever they want. Maybe they could amalgamate all there left over players and play as one and send another draw in to suit themselves.

F***** what.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Spiderman » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Noticed kruse had a clearance to loby...
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby chopper7 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Spiderman wrote:Noticed kruse had a clearance to loby...

Krause is on his way to tigerland.
As mentioned yank got up by maybe 7 goal in the end, think it was 14-2 to 6-10. Could tell it was the first trail of the year as was quite scrappy for most part of the game. Nitschke also only played a half a game. Tigers got 7 to come in for rd 1 with T Jenkin, Baust, Papageorgiou, Krause, Aufderheide, Wills, D Higgins (played half in Bs) . Young M Weeks (son of Randell) looked a handy sort for a first year senior player of the back flank, Huxter looked very promising and the tap work of Luccon was impressive to watch. Very difficult to watch as well with both clubs being tigers, hate to think what it would have been like to play out there.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy