Fawad Ahmed

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Fawad Ahmed

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:36 am

What does this bloke have to do, to be given a chance in the test side?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Fawad Ahmed

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:50 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:What does this bloke have to do, to be given a chance in the test side?

Not refusing to wear sponsorship would be a good start.
Dont care what his beliefs are you wear a VB logo or you dont play, pretty simple
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:56 am

Jim05 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:What does this bloke have to do, to be given a chance in the test side?

Dont care what his beliefs are you wear a VB logo or you dont play, pretty simple

You have got to be ******* kidding?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:06 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

No im not.
Sponsors spend stacks of money and if it wasnt for them the players wouldnt earn half the ammount they do.
Not asking him to drink the crap just wear a logo
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:18 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

No im not.
Sponsors spend stacks of money and if it wasnt for them the players wouldnt earn half the ammount they do.

I simply can't believe anyone would suggest this is reason to not pick a bloke. **** me, South Africa have Amla and they spent decades mistreating people of colour worse than any other nation!

Fancy segregation and apartheid be implemented to Jim?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Special One » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:23 am

Jim05 wrote:

Wow how racist is that!!! There are other players around the world does the same. You need to learn how to respect someone's values and religion over just money. I have no problem with that and VB would understand at the same time. You just replace it with a non-alcoholic sponsor instead!
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:25 am

Oh, I didn't realise that. I was more focusing on his wicket taking ability. Or is Australia still fixated on Lyon. Because i believe either Agar or Ahmed should be given a really good crack at the test side.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:40 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Oh, I didn't realise that. I was more focusing on his wicket taking ability. Or is Australia still fixated on Lyon. Because i believe either Agar or Ahmed should be given a really good crack at the test side.

Quite frankly, it has got nothing to do with it ( his refusal to wear the VB logo ) as he's played 3 ODI's for Australia.

How anyone could think it has any bearing on his selection or lack thereof baffles me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:40 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="Bombers4EVA"]What does this bloke have to do, to be given a chance in the test side?

No im not.

I simply can't believe anyone would suggest this is reason to not pick a bloke. **** me, South Africa have Amla and they spent decades mistreating people of colour worse than any other nation!

Fancy segregation and apartheid be implemented to Jim?[/quote]
My understanding is that he has been given permission not to wear the logo but interesting that Khawaja has worn it in the past and I remember him commenting that he didnt want to jeopardise his spot in the team by refusing. Maybe now someone else has done it he might follow suit aswell
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:09 pm

Bloody hell. So Khawaja chooses to wear a VB badge and Ahmed should do the same?

Khawaja wasn't going to miss out on a Test spot because he wouldn't wear a VB badge, it was because he'd been given plenty of opportunities to cement his spot and didn't take the chance.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Special One wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Wow how racist is that!!! There are other players around the world does the same. You need to learn how to respect someone's values and religion over just money. I have no problem with that and VB would understand at the same time. You just replace it with a non-alcoholic sponsor instead!

I'm not with you on that, it's representing your country, I'd wear a "hooters" outfit if it meant representing my country.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Booney wrote:Bloody hell. So Khawaja chooses to wear a VB badge and Ahmed should do the same?

Khawaja wasn't going to miss out on a Test spot because he wouldn't wear a VB badge, it was because he'd been given plenty of opportunities to cement his spot and didn't take the chance.

True about Khawaja having enough chances but he obviously felt like it was an issue to even mention it.
Anyway we will never agree on the issue which is fine
Jim05
Coach

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket