9%
Golden Grove
6%
SMOSH West Lakes
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Postby S Demon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:33 pm

Sass! wrote:Great to see that common sense has prevailed with this purely C & D grade comp.. After playing a majority of my football in Div 7 at Modbury last year then finishing in Div 3 reserves i can safely say that i found it alot tougher playing in Div 7 at times. . Especially when injuries hit mid year and you C grade are losing 3-6 players a week and having up to 10 changes due to the movement in higher grades, will be excellent to play against clubs in similar positions all year..

We played GG on the weekend and admittedly they fielded a mainly D grade side with ours being a mixture of blokes who will play C, D's and E's but was a good hit out and its always a pleasure playing close to home.. Some old rivalries renewed with TTG, Hope Valley and Golden Grove all in the same Div. Dont think thats happened for some time.

Maybe we should play for a Div 8/8R North East Cup amongst ourselves for a bit of fun?

Just have a normal ladder with points and percentage, but only from the games we play against each other and combine both grades. Maybe pick a charity or cause to raise money for at our games as well. Something that will benefit the local North Eastern Community. The 3 clubs that don't win can all chip in for the winners plaque... @Hefty @Haynzy @Sass!
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Cohiba » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:29 pm

S Demon wrote:
Sass! wrote:Great to see that common sense has prevailed with this purely C & D grade comp.. After playing a majority of my football in Div 7 at Modbury last year then finishing in Div 3 reserves i can safely say that i found it alot tougher playing in Div 7 at times. . Especially when injuries hit mid year and you C grade are losing 3-6 players a week and having up to 10 changes due to the movement in higher grades, will be excellent to play against clubs in similar positions all year..

We played GG on the weekend and admittedly they fielded a mainly D grade side with ours being a mixture of blokes who will play C, D's and E's but was a good hit out and its always a pleasure playing close to home.. Some old rivalries renewed with TTG, Hope Valley and Golden Grove all in the same Div. Dont think thats happened for some time.

Maybe we should play for a Div 8/8R North East Cup amongst ourselves for a bit of fun?

Just have a normal ladder with points and percentage, but only from the games we play against each other and combine both grades. Maybe pick a charity or cause to raise money for at our games as well. Something that will benefit the local North Eastern Community. The 3 clubs that don't win can all chip in for the winners plaque... @Hefty @Haynzy @Sass!

Smacks of a breakaway League...."Marbles" super C's falling apart before the season starts...... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Sass! » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Cohiba wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Smacks of a breakaway League...."Marbles" super C's falling apart before the season starts...... :)

Was just going to recommend a breakaway league! but in all seriousness it presents some brilliant opportunities for our clubs to get large crowds where you could look to raise money, especially for something local like the bushfires that did some damage not so far away... either way i think all clubs involved will benefit from being in a purely C & D grade comp, time will tell how even it is but at this stage its looking like an enticing season for all involved..
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:08 am

wristwatcher wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:i'll be the Goal Umpire and then I can report you both for impersonating a footballer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We will keep that in mind around finals time as you will be looking for something to do no doubt.

You might be too if I'm goal umpiring. You could be busy Wednesday nights :D :D :D
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby valleys07 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks to the Modbury lads for a great hitout today. Game was played in great spirits- see you blokes again in 2 weeks for the real stuff!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times

Postby Johno6 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:01 pm

I think I get back the day before round 2

I'll be in pristine condition.
Hoping the arteries won't be too clogged and I can run out a qtr at least
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:18 am

Looking forward to the Golden Grove v Golden Grove match
Dog Day Afternoon

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby DB86 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Scores not submitted but TTG got up by around 10 goals in the c grade against Old Iggies
DB86
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby S Demon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Geez PAC could be the team to beat. Golden Grove's side looked fairly strong..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:45 pm

S Demon wrote:Geez PAC could be the team to beat. Golden Grove's side looked fairly strong..

... just for something new ...
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Hefty » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:24 pm

jo172 wrote:
S Demon wrote:Geez PAC could be the team to beat. Golden Grove's side looked fairly strong..

Didn't think PAC could get any quicker or younger.......I was wrong!
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Hefty wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Didn't think PAC could get any quicker or younger.......I was wrong!

PAC's evenness from their A Grade all the way through to their D Grade last year was uncanny.

Also particularly unusual for a C/D Grade side was the lack of gap in ability between their best player and their 25th best player.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Sass! » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Throw PAC in div 7! haha.. nah, its certainly a great spot for their club to be in.. someone i know that plays out there mentioned they were going to have a 6th side as well? thats a serious amount of players..

We managed to field 5 fairly strong teams on the weekend.. After playing a fair bit of div 7 last year i was pretty impressed with the standard of Div 8, alot of our supporters at the oval talked about how good the skill level etc. was.. I think after a few more runs the Hope Valley boys will build up some fitness to run out games, by their own account they were fairly under done heading into our game.
Sass!
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:28 pm

It was quite odd seeing the name M.Jolly in the 3's Sass... is he tearing it up down there?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Push in the Back » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:49 pm

Um Wristy is it correct that your 3rds and 4ths both won by 1 POINT on the weekend? Love to know if back to back games have ever resulted in 1 point wins before!!
Push in the Back
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:39 pm

I'm sure there's a few.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:07 pm

Push in the Back wrote:Um Wristy is it correct that your 3rds and 4ths both won by 1 POINT on the weekend? Love to know if back to back games have ever resulted in 1 point wins before!!

Correct mate. I don't remember being a part of a day like that.

Closest was when I was at Walkies in 97 or 98 our B's lost by a point and A's by 2 points to Gepps and the late Laurence Shacke kicked something like 12.1 out of about 16.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Johno6 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:01 am

Can't wait for this weekends game.
Hanging for some footy again
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times

Postby Sass! » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:26 am

Footy Chick wrote:It was quite odd seeing the name M.Jolly in the 3's Sass... is he tearing it up down there?

Just getting some match fitness FC, he is assistant coach of Norwood's under 16's so he cant make the early game..

I know Modbury's C grade coach would love to have him all year but i think thats pretty unlikely.. still a handy man to line up with on the weekend!
Sass!
Under 16s

Postby valleys07 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:00 am

Sass! wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:It was quite odd seeing the name M.Jolly in the 3's Sass... is he tearing it up down there?

Just getting some match fitness FC, he is assistant coach of Norwood's under 16's so he cant make the early game..

I know Modbury's C grade coach would love to have him all year but i think thats pretty unlikely.. still a handy man to line up with on the weekend!

Handy is an understatement, Sass!

Was the general in the guts on Saturday- clearly a class above anybody else on the park, that is for sure!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League