River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby Monopoly Man » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:07 pm

biffboy wrote:Going by the clearances, Mannum are only going to have about 3 blokes left over from last years side in their a's. Plenty of outs and a bucket load of ins

Right you are biffboy. I heard a couple of them were given their marching orders. Whats the go with Sutcliffe clearance? figured its been quiet on here coz the 2015 premiership has already been handed to meningie
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby biffboy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:
biffboy wrote:Going by the clearances, Mannum are only going to have about 3 blokes left over from last years side in their a's. Plenty of outs and a bucket load of ins

Right you are biffboy. I heard a couple of them were given their marching orders. Whats the go with Sutcliffe clearance? figured its been quiet on here coz the 2015 premiership has already been handed to meningie

I have been told he wouldn't answer phone calls or reply to messages and next thing we see a clearance go up. Good lad that one!

Have heard Imps numbers are the lowest they have been for a long time & a few locals are having a year off footy
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby Monopoly Man » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:34 pm

biffboy wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:

I have been told he wouldn't answer phone calls or reply to messages and next thing we see a clearance go up. Good lad that one!

Have heard Imps numbers are the lowest they have been for a long time & a few locals are having a year off footy

geez you gotta love that kind of form from Sutcliffe. Yer were struggling big time at the minute and your right very low numbers. I heard Girdy applied for the Tailem job also but Tailem wanted to stick with Duane.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:15 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:
biffboy wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:

geez you gotta love that kind of form from Sutcliffe. Yer were struggling big time at the minute and your right very low numbers. I heard Girdy applied for the Tailem job also but Tailem wanted to stick with Duane.

Yeah, I thought Tailem would have looked elsewhere to be honest. Edwards isn't what they need right now, they need some fresh blood to inject some enthusiasm in the squad
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:50 am

biffboy wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:

Seems as though there are a lot more outs than ins for most clubs at this stage, I'm tipping Mypo to be the big movers this yr and the rest of last years finals teams to slightly drop off a bit.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby gun onballer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:37 pm

good old mypo, were given 15 pts to start with,good old zadow and hein the brains trust said no we only need 13pts.two months later the new coach brings some mates out(good move by billy)all of a sudden they want there two points back,plus asked for a special meeting with the rmfl chiefs to see if they can get another 3 pts on top of that,(18pts in total)they have 21 pts worth of players on the track,no good under 17 coming threw to keep the points down,so good luck with juggling that.mypo please put footy people in the right spots to make right decision for the club,not a bloke(hein)that hasn't played the game
gun onballer

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lameroo

Postby The Ferret » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:49 am

gun onballer wrote:good old mypo, were given 15 pts to start with,good old zadow and hein the brains trust said no we only need 13pts.two months later the new coach brings some mates out(good move by billy)all of a sudden they want there two points back,plus asked for a special meeting with the rmfl chiefs to see if they can get another 3 pts on top of that,(18pts in total)they have 21 pts worth of players on the track,no good under 17 coming threw to keep the points down,so good luck with juggling that.mypo please put footy people in the right spots to make right decision for the club,not a bloke(hein)that hasn't played the game

i think another signed during the week as well.
The Ferret
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby Monopoly Man » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:57 am

The Ferret wrote:
gun onballer wrote:good old mypo, were given 15 pts to start with,good old zadow and hein the brains trust said no we only need 13pts.two months later the new coach brings some mates out(good move by billy)all of a sudden they want there two points back,plus asked for a special meeting with the rmfl chiefs to see if they can get another 3 pts on top of that,(18pts in total)they have 21 pts worth of players on the track,no good under 17 coming threw to keep the points down,so good luck with juggling that.mypo please put footy people in the right spots to make right decision for the club,not a bloke(hein)that hasn't played the game

i think another signed during the week as well.

If meningie weren't set to tear the comp a new one i would say go for it mypo. but its going to be a waste of dollars and points to not win a flag and they wont touch the bears. heard this jed wilson can play a bit and would want to for over a 1000 a game :shock:

meningie
mypo
ramblers
imps
jervois/mannum
tailem
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby words of wisdom » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Jed Wilson will be a very good pick up for Mypo. Can play but $1000 is a lot for any player.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby S Demon » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:31 pm

Tailem Bend have recruited from the SAAFL 1 x Div 4 A grader, 1 x Div 1 Reserve and 1 x Div 4 Reserve players for a total of $1800 per week. Do they just have so much money that its given to anyone who puts their hand out? Or is the competition at a standard that B grade footballers are considered worthy of such ridiculous match payments because they are superstars in in the RMFL? No disrespect to current players, it's a genuine query..

Wish I was 23 again
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby oldbomber » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:13 pm

I give mypo an outside chance come september if they have recruited as well as rumoured and if Billy can effectively implement his defensive game plan. I dont think the comp will be all that even overall and reckon the ladder could look like this at the end of the minor rounds :

Meningie
mypo

ramblers

imperials
mannum

jervois
tailem
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:31 am

Any results from trial games? Meningie went down to the crows reserves last wk as you would expect and heard they had a win over iron bank yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:38 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:Any results from trial games? Meningie went down to the crows reserves last wk as you would expect and heard they had a win over iron bank yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nah mate, we don't have our first until next week.

I am generally an optimistic person bit the way things are looking, I will be surprised if we can crack the top 3 this year with the list we have & the quality imports other clubs are bringing in. Mannum & Mypo look to have recruited very well and Meningie should be similar to last year.

Meningie
Mannum
Mypo
Ramblers
Imps
Jervois

Tailem
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:03 pm

I can't see you guys missing the top 3 unless there are some omissions from last year that aren't on SportingPulse just yet.

My End of minor round prediction

Mypo
Meningie
Ramblers
Imps
Jervois
Mannum
Taliem

I think it will be tight between Mannum and Jervois on who will make the 5.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:50 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:I can't see you guys missing the top 3 unless there are some omissions from last year that aren't on SportingPulse just yet.

Mypo
Meningie
Ramblers
Imps
Jervois
Mannum
Taliem

Geez, dont rate Mannums recruits then Grassy?
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:25 pm

biffboy wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:I can't see you guys missing the top 3 unless there are some omissions from last year that aren't on SportingPulse just yet.

Mypo
Meningie
Ramblers
Imps
Jervois
Mannum
Taliem

Geez, dont rate Mannums recruits then Grassy?

I do but look at there outs.
Three players from down the spine.
Wakefield, rudiger, Bowles,
Then the likes of clayton, sheedy, pech, ribbons, Raison.and I've probably missed a couple more.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Bustarhyme » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:01 am

How did things shape up throughout the trial games from the weekend?? Any notable performances from anyone?
Bustarhyme
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby grasshopper22 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:20 am

Bustarhyme wrote:How did things shape up throughout the trial games from the weekend?? Any notable performances from anyone?

Bears beat Unley Jets in a night game at Thebarton Oval.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby used to be » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:39 pm

I am glad they are known as the Bears as they have stuff all to do with Meningie, absolute joke , not much fun winning a gf, struggling for money , no locals , no future, this is going to be a memorable couple of seasons for the bears. Shame on the president of the league and life member of Meningie , (sorry bears)!!!!!! to allow such an exploitation of points and the system. The coach must also enjoy doing nothing , embarrassing for all involved.
used to be
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:53 pm

used to be wrote:I am glad they are known as the Bears as they have stuff all to do with Meningie, absolute joke , not much fun winning a gf, struggling for money , no locals , no future, this is going to be a memorable couple of seasons for the bears. Shame on the president of the league and life member of Meningie , (sorry bears)!!!!!! to allow such an exploitation of points and the system. The coach must also enjoy doing nothing , embarrassing for all involved.

Your a dead set flog used to be! Your one of these people that all you do is criticise, you probably bring your own esky into the footy, sit by yourself and yell at your own players when things don't go right and give all the advise in the world to clubs(including your own) behind your alias. Yet I bet you have never actually been a committee member or anything similar.
grasshopper22
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy