SANFL Club Memberships

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

Postby Pseudo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Incidentally still not a member of any SANFL club myself.

The clubs need members so why not join up . Your club needs members more than most .Get behind your club if you care I say.

Oh I do care - and that is precisely why I am no longer a member.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby DOC » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Pseudo wrote:
LPH wrote: Might make my way around to all grounds (except Woodville & Alberton) @ least once this season - probably when each Club plays the Cows.

... thereby giving tacit support to the presence of interlopers in Our League.

Why not go and see two of the 8 dinkum teams each week?

Incidentally still not a member of any SANFL club myself.

The clubs need members so why not join up . Your club needs members more than most .Get behind your club if you care I say.

If you cared, why not list your club. Too embarrassed to say your an ex Woodville and/or West Torrens barracker?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Keefy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:33 pm

southee wrote:Full South home and away membership purchased tonight. (and panther cub membership for the daughter)

Had a good chat to Nick Liddle too !

Bring on the season.

I'll be getting the home and away membership too. Bring on next Friday at the Bay
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:04 am

Pseudo wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Incidentally still not a member of any SANFL club myself.

Oh I do care - and that is precisely why I am no longer a member.

And I bet they're just mortified.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby LPH » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:47 am

DOC wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
LPH wrote: Might make my way around to all grounds (except Woodville & Alberton) @ least once this season - probably when each Club plays the Cows.

... thereby giving tacit support to the presence of interlopers in Our League.

Why not go and see two of the 8 dinkum teams each week?

Incidentally still not a member of any SANFL club myself.

If you cared, why not list your club. Too embarrassed to say your an ex Woodville and/or West Torrens barracker?

I haven't been an Eagles fan for over a year!
Haven't you been listening?

Embarrassed?
Absolutely! Embarrassed how a Club could 'roll over' so meekly but more importantly, embarrassed that they failed to allow their loyal paying members (of which I was one for 15 seasons!) to vote on the issue of AFL Reserves Teams.
Embarrassed, that I was taken for a ride, year after year, when letters were sent (post Merger) to "Help save the Club" ... "You are important to us" ... "Membership shows loyalty" ... blah, blah, blah

South got my money (as promised) last season, due to their loyalty to the SANFL Competition, but it wasn't the same supporting them - no passion, voice only. No connection with the Club, except that my daughter supports them.

Embarrassed?
That I have all but given up on a competition that I have supported for over 35 yrs, Absolutely!

Embarrassed?
That the pain of losing friends over my stance against the Club I have loved - perhaps.

Embarrassed that I don't show a 'logo' on an Avatar? Please.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:22 am

Pretty sure DOC was talking to Bounce of the Ball.

Nice rant though.

=)) =))
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:28 am

Booney wrote:Pretty sure DOC was talking to Bounce of the Ball.

Nice rant though.

=)) =))

I thought he was too however it made no sense .
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:54 pm

LPH = Passionate SANFL follower let down by 6 pathetic club's hierarchy - many of us share his pain & disappointment

Bounce of the ball = Troll

End of story.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby topsywaldron » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Booney = someone's who's never believed in anything strongly enough to take a principled stand.

Pseudo I salute you.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby LPH » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:25 pm

If DOC was talking to BotB, my bad - & that IS embarrassing 8)
No Rant, Booney - facts.

Pretty poor form to suggest that - but hey, you lost nothing in this whole sordid saga, did you?
But I would bet 'London to a Brick' that you WERE moaning, bitching, etc. post 1990 up to 1996? :roll:
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby philcas » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Can we all please let it go about the sanfl clubs voted on AFL clubs reserves. The curret arrangement was always going to happen regardless how many voted for it . It is obvious that any other result would have put the sanfl clubs in a financial predicament in the future that would see some clubs fold.
philcas
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby Jim05 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:54 pm

philcas wrote:Can we all please let it go about the sanfl clubs voted on AFL clubs reserves. The curret arrangement was always going to happen regardless how many voted for it . It is obvious that any other result would have put the sanfl clubs in a financial predicament in the future that would see some clubs fold.

Rubbish, thats just a myth fabricated by the two AFL sides.
Unfortunately the majority of clubs fell for the myth and didnt stick by their guns
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RB » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:21 pm

philcas wrote:The curret arrangement was always going to happen regardless how many voted for it .

Well, like, unless they didn't.

Good luck to both of your SANFL teams this year.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby LPH » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:47 pm

philcas wrote:Can we all please let it go about the sanfl clubs voted on AFL clubs reserves. The curret arrangement was always going to happen regardless how many voted for it . It is obvious that any other result would have put the sanfl clubs in a financial predicament in the future that would see some clubs fold.

Err... according to the new Boss of the SANFL, THAT is exactly what has happened anyway!
"Our priority is to ensure Clubs address their debt problems..."
Seems that the addition of these 2 teams hasn't changed much, except the integrity (oh that word again) & compromise (ditto) of the competition 8)
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby StrayDog » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:38 am

Yet so many clubs happy to side-step the most basic efforts of placating portions of their supporter base and paying membership (ie, the thread topic) by not having the cojones to invite the most token of input, let alone a vote.

Management of one of them was happy to not speak of this apparent "financial predicament in the future" and publicly scoff at the potential AFL reserves inclusion for almost the entire time this thing was being pushed - only to back-flip at the last second. The same bunch that went on to award themselves self congratulatory mutual reach-arounds while slagging off at the one club that did ask their membership for a show of hands.

Good luck in future years in trying to sell the SANFL - and draw membership from the ranks of the footy majority in this state that now already have sides in our league, as well as their own.

But, yeah, let's just move on hey. After all, there is more to SANFL footy than getting more people involved with actual SANFL clubs; and more to membership than just getting members involved in trivial things like, oh let's say, the future of the competition. :)
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby StrayDog » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:57 am

topsywaldron wrote:Booney = someone's who's never believed in anything strongly enough to take a principled stand.

Pseudo I salute you.

A bit unfair on Boon. Years ago he wrote a humble letter of concern to his club and posted it here on SA Footy. I thought that was, like, uber-cool!

NB: - I accidentally pressed the "like" button instead of the "quote" button first up but, meh, whatever.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby RB » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:52 am

StrayDog wrote:But, yeah, let's just move on hey. After all, there is more to SANFL footy than getting more people involved with actual SANFL clubs; and more to membership than just getting members involved in trivial things like, oh let's say, the future of the competition. :)

^ This.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:25 am

Spargo wrote:LPH = Passionate SANFL follower let down by 6 pathetic club's hierarchy - many of us share his pain & disappointment

Bounce of the ball = Troll

End of story.

:roll:

Very in depth . Special person .
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:21 pm

StrayDog wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:Booney = someone's who's never believed in anything strongly enough to take a principled stand.

Pseudo I salute you.

A bit unfair on Boon. Years ago he wrote a humble letter of concern to his club and posted it here on SA Footy. I thought that was, like, uber-cool!

NB: - I accidentally pressed the "like" button instead of the "quote" button first up but, meh, whatever.

Well maybe he should stop taking digs at supporters who continue to voice their opposition then.

You'd think a Magpies supporter, who watched their team lose a close GF, but who were denied their opportunity to pick their best team by their league team's rules might understand the lack of integrity in the comp.

Obviously not though, everything just effing awesome.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby topsywaldron » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:23 pm

StrayDog wrote:

Yet so many clubs happy to side-step the most basic efforts of placating portions of their supporter base and paying membership (ie, the thread topic) by not having the cojones to invite the most token of input, let alone a vote.

Management of one of them was happy to not speak of this apparent "financial predicament in the future" and publicly scoff at the potential AFL reserves inclusion for almost the entire time this thing was being pushed - only to back-flip at the last second. The same bunch that went on to award themselves self congratulatory mutual reach-arounds while slagging off at the one club that did ask their membership for a show of hands.

Good luck in future years in trying to sell the SANFL - and draw membership from the ranks of the footy majority in this state that now already have sides in our league, as well as their own.

But, yeah, let's just move on hey. After all, there is more to SANFL footy than getting more people involved with actual SANFL clubs; and more to membership than just getting members involved in trivial things like, oh let's say, the future of the competition. :)

Brilliant post.

topsywaldron
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL