HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby grasshopper22 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Lofty went down to Meningie by 8 points in what was a good hit out for both teams, not sure on lofty but Meningie had a few notable players missing, would assume most teams have a couple out but be getting closer to full teams with round 1 after Easter.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby running defender » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:54 am

Echunga never asked for extra pts as stated we don't want previous 2 yrs in country counted in 3 year average. Who did you speek to the board member that follows your club. Have another ring around.
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby youngpace » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:46 am

Would the mighty D's even have need of points? Am I correct in thinking the only new point player will be the fella out of Mt Gambia (3 points?) Did J Edwards play majority A's for onkas last year? P Wilson and C Guy are both returning juniors. Those three are great additions to the side.
Also does anyone have decent knowledge of how Carey is doing down town? Will he play there or in red and blue? Could be more points not used if he plays down there.
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby citycoaster17 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:06 am

youngpace wrote:Would the mighty D's even have need of points? Am I correct in thinking the only new point player will be the fella out of Mt Gambia (3 points?) Did J Edwards play majority A's for onkas last year? P Wilson and C Guy are both returning juniors. Those three are great additions to the side.
Also does anyone have decent knowledge of how Carey is doing down town? Will he play there or in red and blue? Could be more points not used if he plays down there.

This is Ducks 3rd year with Echunga I believe, so he wouldn't be taking up too many points anyway?
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby youngpace » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:52 am

This is Ducks 3rd year with Echunga I believe, so he wouldn't be taking up too many points anyway?[/quote]

Good point, definitely is his 3rd. Should think before I type.
youngpace
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:56 am

youngpace wrote:Would the mighty D's even have need of points? Am I correct in thinking the only new point player will be the fella out of Mt Gambia (3 points?) Did J Edwards play majority A's for onkas last year? P Wilson and C Guy are both returning juniors. Those three are great additions to the side.

Jesse Edwards, Clint Guy and Carey all played on the weekend - and played well.
Couple of new faces also who looked like they could be good additions.
Pretty sure J Edwards was injured for a fair amount of last season.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby youngpace » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:58 am

On the junior front. Is it correct that two Central Div clubs have two 13's side. Which were put into a re arranged Country Div fixture, despite country having a full draw of their own 13's? I think in this situation the Central teams should fit into the Central comp, as they are not aiding (as in the past) but hindering Country with these extra teams.
youngpace
Rookie

Postby cracka » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:59 am

Legs Man wrote:

Yeah played only 3 or 4 maybe then missed the rest of the season I think. Isnt he a returning player also so shouldn't be any points??
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:03 am

youngpace wrote:On the junior front. Is it correct that two Central Div clubs have two 13's side. Which were put into a re arranged Country Div fixture, despite country having a full draw of their own 13's? I think in this situation the Central teams should fit into the Central comp, as they are not aiding (as in the past) but hindering Country with these extra teams.

Hahndorf, Mt Lofty & Blackwood all have 2 x U13 sides. Mt Barker are helping Maccy with there extra players & Hahndorf are filling Sedans spot. Not sure yet what is happening with Lofty or Blackwoods 2nd sides, will find out tonight probably.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:05 am

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Yeah played only 3 or 4 maybe then missed the rest of the season I think. Isnt he a returning player also so shouldn't be any points??

Sh!t I'm good. Just checked sportingpulse & he played the 1st 4 games then missed the rest of the season.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Legs Man » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:07 am

cracka wrote:
cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Sh!t I'm good. Just checked sportingpulse & he played the 1st 4 games then missed the rest of the season.

Yes returning player so no points, same with C Guy.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby youngpace » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:12 am

[/quote] Jesse Edwards, Clint Guy and Carey all played on the weekend - and played well.
Pretty sure J Edwards was injured for a fair amount of last season.[/quote]
Yeah played only 3 or 4 maybe then missed the rest of the season I think. Isnt he a returning player also so shouldn't be any points??[/quote]
Sh!t I'm good. Just checked sportingpulse & he played the 1st 4 games then missed the rest of the season.[/quote]

Yes returning player so no points, same with C Guy.[/quote]

Thanks all. I had the idea only returning juniors didn't bring points.
youngpace
Rookie

Postby youngpace » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:22 am

cracka wrote:
youngpace wrote:On the junior front. Is it correct that two Central Div clubs have two 13's side. Which were put into a re arranged Country Div fixture, despite country having a full draw of their own 13's? I think in this situation the Central teams should fit into the Central comp, as they are not aiding (as in the past) but hindering Country with these extra teams.

Hahndorf, Mt Lofty & Blackwood all have 2 x U13 sides. Mt Barker are helping Maccy with there extra players & Hahndorf are filling Sedans spot. Not sure yet what is happening with Lofty or Blackwoods 2nd sides, will find out tonight probably.

I like Mt Barkers approach. One they have had for years. To both their, the kids and footy's benefit. I assume Barker do not have enough for two full teams, hence they are helping Maccy out.
Could the best fix be Mt Lofty and Blackwood doing the same? Regardless of their greater numbers. I bet there are still teams (in central also) who could do with more players in that age bracket to make fielding sides more comfortable.
youngpace
Rookie

Postby cracka » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:11 am

youngpace wrote:
cracka wrote:

I like Mt Barkers approach. One they have had for years. To both their, the kids and footy's benefit. I assume Barker do not have enough for two full teams, hence they are helping Maccy out.
Could the best fix be Mt Lofty and Blackwood doing the same? Regardless of their greater numbers. I bet there are still teams (in central also) who could do with more players in that age bracket to make fielding sides more comfortable.

I think this is the 1st time Mt Barker have helped Maccy. In the past they have had the 2nd U13 side. Doubt Lofty will do it again as they lost players last time when they helped Echunga out a few years ago.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Buster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:19 am

Just adding to the discussion, I was concerned we were drifting off talking about Echunga, so to keep us on track: with all the returning players and current list and recruiting could it be that Echunga actually has a B grade team this year that will be worth playing? It was very frustrating last year to have some very good A2 sides playing great footy then coming up something like Echunga put on the park.
Buster
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby youngpace » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:57 pm

cracka wrote:
youngpace wrote:
cracka wrote:

I think this is the 1st time Mt Barker have helped Maccy. In the past they have had the 2nd U13 side. Doubt Lofty will do it again as they lost players last time when they helped Echunga out a few years ago.

It may be the first time, good on them. Mount barker used to help out a number of The D's cults teams in the 2000's, was great as all got a game and it helped sustain our club at the time. There are players in both teams A grade currently who played across.

Mount Lofty did help yes and lost a few players (just as Mount Barker did). However I assume its effect on them has been minimal. They have a double compliment in that age this year and have premier 15's and 17's.
youngpace
Rookie

Postby youngpace » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Buster wrote:Just adding to the discussion, I was concerned we were drifting off talking about Echunga, so to keep us on track: with all the returning players and current list and recruiting could it be that Echunga actually has a B grade team this year that will be worth playing? It was very frustrating last year to have some very good A2 sides playing great footy then coming up something like Echunga put on the park.

The B grade was obviously Echunga's weakest link last season and yeah wouldn't have been great to play against (imagine playing against the Cally B grade of years gone by though, that wasn't a blast) . IMO it is the grade with the greatest gap in standard of footy between the Divs. I tip big improvements for The D's B's
youngpace
Rookie

Postby Alaska » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:30 pm

youngpace wrote:
Buster wrote:Just adding to the discussion, I was concerned we were drifting off talking about Echunga, so to keep us on track: with all the returning players and current list and recruiting could it be that Echunga actually has a B grade team this year that will be worth playing? It was very frustrating last year to have some very good A2 sides playing great footy then coming up something like Echunga put on the park.

The B grade was obviously Echunga's weakest link last season and yeah wouldn't have been great to play against (imagine playing against the Cally B grade of years gone by though, that wasn't a blast) . IMO it is the grade with the greatest gap in standard of footy between the Divs. I tip big improvements for The D's B's

Are you back and will you be playing?
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:27 pm

Probably using the logic that it better to mess with the Div 2 comp rather than risk affecting the Div 1 structure.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby youngpace » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:40 am

Alaska wrote:
youngpace wrote:

Are you back and will you be playing?

Yeah I will be. So there is an addition to our B's, if I recall your opinion correct.
youngpace
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy