The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:30 am

Rising Power wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Hmmmm...'Showdowns' getting their own rules? Is that you're hmmming about?

What a farce **** off to the VFL you greedy ****!

Don't trust any of the organisation's involved even if it he date is April 1. Don't give them any ideas.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Another reason to "despise the interlopers" as Pseudo would say....

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2871/

Must say as an umpire (bad one) and traditionalist I prefer umpires in white.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:35 pm

heater31 wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Hmmmm...'Showdowns' getting their own rules? Is that you're hmmming about?

What a farce **** off to the VFL you greedy ****!

Don't trust any of the organisation's involved even if it he date is April 1. Don't give them any ideas.....

That's why it's so clever.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby rocketeer » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:44 pm

The best April Fools jokes are the almost believable ones. This fits that category.
rocketeer
Rookie

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:59 am

rocketeer wrote:

The best April Fools jokes are the almost believable ones. This fits that category.

So if we were at the bus stop and I said the bus was coming at 7.13 and it came at 7.12 and I said April Fools that would be one of the best April Fools jokes?
The best ones are outragragous reports that suck people in, ones that are believable and viable are pretty boring and pathetic IMHO.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby rocketeer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Wedgie wrote:
rocketeer wrote:

So if we were at the bus stop and I said the bus was coming at 7.13 and it came at 7.12 and I said April Fools that would be one of the best April Fools jokes?
The best ones are outragragous reports that suck people in, ones that are believable and viable are pretty boring and pathetic IMHO.

OK, I'll be more precise: It also needs to be something that would elicit a strong response if it were true. I don't think buses not quite running to schedule meets that criterion.

i'm not a fan of the outrageous April Fools jokes that suckers fall for, it just further reinforces my view on the stupidity of much of humanity and I need to be more optimistic (a little difficult to maintain without a premiership in over 20 years).

I can't believe it's April and I'm talking about this cr@p rather than what matters, Where's my footy?

I guess at least we have an even draw but only 18 minor round games a year sucks.
rocketeer
Rookie

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Amen to your last line. Footy season is just over 4 months of weekends for half the teams these days. It'll be 8 months between games for North, it sucks
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:33 pm

After only brushing through this quickly I've no idea if this was an April Fools joke or not. The sad thing is that if this was true it's now probably the accepted norm of what SANFL footy has become not the exception or stupid April Fools joke.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby The Apostle » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 pm

The colour scheme on the rear of the New Royal Adelaide Hospital makes me want to vomit...:vom: :vom: :vom:
The Apostle
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:36 pm

The Apostle wrote:The colour scheme on the rear of the New Royal Adelaide Hospital makes me want to vomit...:vom: :vom: :vom:

What does this mean?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Watching the Recovery Session for round 2 and the comments from Giniver summed up what a farce the comp now is and the attitude towards it when he said of the the South v Port result. "Last year Port won 9 on the trot before finishing 12 and 6". He was of course referring to the comment about Port's Reserve side being loaded with AFL listed players and dominating South, and excused it by trying to suggest it was evened out at the back end of the season when the Reserve side was weakened due to the AFL side's injury list.

That situation just makes the comp a lottery. So next time, if South are lucky enough to play Port Reserves when their AFL side are having a bad time with injuries, and they beat a team of "top up's" then everything is hunky dory.
But that all depends on Port's AFL side's injury list and when you happen to play them. Could be an easy 4 points or could be 2 beltings and a knock to your percentage points.

I guess Ginever's attitude towards the situation of Port Reserves AFL listed players determining their win : loss ratio and the effect that has on SANFL standings come season's end, is probably a reflection of the powers (no pun intended) that be at the SANFL and AFL. Dismissive and irreverent, which is probably how they now see our comp as a whole.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby dogbreath » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:41 pm

Where's those big crowd increases due to the AFL Reserve sides coming into the competition that were predicted by the Cows & their SANFL puppets ?

I seem to remember figures like an extra 4K per game being bandied around.

What a joke !!
dogbreath

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby Mic » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:31 am

Think they meant to say 4K per season.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Grahaml » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:42 am

I only recall the Crows saying they expected similar numbers to the crowd numbers at the time. Certainly I've seen nothing to suggest a significant drop in crowd averages. Seems to me that with an extra game a week we're just getting more people through the gates. What I do know is I've seen people going to SANFL games who haven't ever or not for a long time purely because the Crows game in.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:32 am

3000 was the figure promised,its been officially quoted several times on here.
With less people at each game and a similar amount of games as before per season aggregate will be well down on average this year, even worse than it was last year.
There's been no positives, only negatives.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby sjt » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:40 am

I remember chapman saying 6000.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby saintal » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:27 am

2565, 1683, 1875, 1871 the four crowds so far involving the AFL sides.

The Crows inclusion last season may have spurred a few long-lost SANFL fans to return to their local ground to watch their 2 favourite sides battle it out, but I'd imagine after 1 or 2 glorified trial matches that novelty will wear off.

The Crows in particular appear to do little to promote their games. Skimming through their facebook page last week I saw one post made regarding their game against Westies (a story about Porplyzia and the named sides). Nothing else pre or post match. I assume our good buddy Burtenshaw still looks after their online communications.
Last edited by saintal on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby on the rails » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:29 am

Wasn't it the Crows who publically said they would bring an extra 4000 per game and when that pie in the sky prediction was shot to bits by all and sundry they claimed they meant their average attendance per game total spectatotors would be 4000 again more ambitious bullshit!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am

on the rails wrote:Wasn't it the Crows who publically said they would bring an extra 4000 per game and when that pie in the sky prediction was shot to bits by all and sundry they claimed they meant their average attendance per game total spectatotors would be 4000 again more ambitious bullshit!

Yep that's exactly how I recall the situation as well but the figure may have been 3000
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cennals05 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:42 am

Currently the average per game is 2916. This has been inflated by the 2 good crowds for Round 1. The 3 lowest crowds so far have all contained a reserves team. The average crowd for a reserves game so far is 1973.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL